Status: Working Working WORKING

The Spark That Started the Fire

Life Beyond The Clans

The sun set over the tall peaks of the ice capped mountains that could be seen from the barn where Lilac and her litter were settling down to sleep. The wind was warm of mid-greenleaf and chirps of the bugs created a magical time for the three kits to settle down. There were three, Prince, a strong dark brown tabby with olive green eyes. His pelt was dark and sleek and showed promising signs of a strong, healthy life. Ella, a pure white kitten with amber eyes. Her pelt was soft and longer than the other kit's and it bounced as she played. Then there was Nutmeg, a light-brown tabby with gorgeous white patches like clouds. She was slender with long limbs, short fur and bright, glowing green eyes that looked like the trees just after newleaf.

All three kits were gorgeous and hadn't even been waned yet, though they still found ways to get into trouble. As darkness set upon the farm their mother, Lilac stood up. She was a light brown tabby, her fur was short and her shape was slender. They lived alone on the farm and slept on bails of prickly hay. Lilac had promised that when they were old enough, she'd take the three kits up to the rafters were soft moss grew and lichen could be used to make more comfortable beds.

Hector was the kit's father, he was a strong, muscular dark brown tabby with dark amber eyes. He was a kind father, but often away from the barn and none of the kits knew exactly why. He had left the day before and promised to be back later today.

The three kits were playing a game, they often played roleplaying games which would result in a playfight and two kits tumbling around and Prince always seemed to come on top. His limbs seemed tougher than his sisters and even though he was only a kitten, to Lilac his blows seemed more powerful than any kit she had ever seen. Now Nutmeg was strutting on the edge of a bail of hay, her head bobbing up and down, left to right. "I am Nutmeg, the greatest rouge in all the farm." she said,every step of her long legs drenched in pride.

Prince didn't like this, he always played the greatest rouge. He flattened his chest to the ground, his tail high in the air and his rear end wiggling as if he meant to pounce. He caterwauled, looking up at her from below her bail of hay "Oh yeah, well I'm Prince, the guard dog of the farmers! I'm going to eat you up!" he laughed and bounced in the air, his tiny teeth out stretched to nip his sister. At first she stepped back, not wanting a nip like last time. But his stumpy legs only brought him up enough that he nipped the edge where her paw had been a moment ago. She giggled, looking down at the side as he jumped again, easily dodging his attempted bites. This only made him frustrated and he launched himself up the bail, this time grabbing on with his claws and hauling himself up. He bowled into her, Nutmeg shrieked, "Hey, no fair! Dogs can't climb!". He aimed a nip at her back leg but she pushed his muzzle away with her back foot, his teeth skimmed her soft pad and grazed it but she managed to flip him over. Now this she had done many times but she had not yet managed to keep him pinned. This time she was ready, she had been thinking all day how to keep him down, so she put one front paw on his face, slamming his muzzle in the hay and sending up a cloud of dust. Then she placed her back paws on either side of him, just above his legs so he couldn't scratch, then she nipped his ear causing him to hiss in annoyance, whispering "Make one move and I'll nip it again." He tried to kick out with his hind paw to unbalance her but she nipped him on the shoulder. "Say Uncle!" she giggled. He tried to turn his head and nip her back but she pushed harder on his face to keep his muzzle down, this time nipping him on his neck and not letting go.

"Uncle! Uncle!" he hissed, "Just let me go!" Nutmeg got off him and snickered.

Just then Hector came from three bails above, his intense muscles rippling. "I don't know about that, son." he purred, his dark amber eyes shining with pride and affection. "That was very clever, daughter."

Nutmeg looked up in sheer delight, her eyes sparkling as she squeaked "Daddy!" she bounced up and wiggled her way up onto a bail towards him.

He purred and flicked his nose to Lilac whom was curled up in between two bails. "I think it's time for sleep. You better not keep your mother waiting." he leaped expertly down each bail, landing silently on the floor below them. He turned back to her and sat beside Lilac, he smiled and licked the queen on her head, rubbing his cheek on her head.

Nutmeg ran to her mother and curled up beside her. Prince followed in a sulk, his ears plastered to his head and his eyes narrowed, though a playful smile danced across his face for a moment. "I'll get you next time." he warned.

Ella then pranced from the corner from where she had watched and as approached her sister, licking her on the ear affectionately. "You're awesome Nut! You should teach me that!" a annoyed grunt came from the scrap of fur that was Prince. Nutmeg just nodded quietly and closed her eyes. Sleep seemed to come to her faster tonight.[/georgia]