Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

Treize

Carter's POV
"So, Carter," Nick began. I instantly rolled my eyes at his tone.
"What do you want, Nick?" I asked. Within the two hours of knowing Nick, I felt like I had known him for years. He was friendly and straight forward; my kind of person.
"You and O'Callaghan, huh?"
I nearly spit out my drink at Nick's words. "What are you talking about?"
"I heard you guys had something." He replied nonchanatly. "Do you?"
I shook my head. "Nothing is going on between us, Nick. We're not even speaking to each other."
"Well maybe it's time that changed!" Nick exclaimed, hopping up and running over to John. Nervous butterflies entered my stomach as I watched the two converse. I looked to Molly, but she was too busy hovering over the barbeque with Garrett. Halvo was occupied with Ethan, and I knew what Pat and Kennedy would say -- it was time to move on. I knew they were right, I just didn't know how to move on.
I began to stand up and find something to keep me busy, when Nick and John started walking towards me. My palms started sweating and my heart was racing. I was still so in love with this kid and he hated me.
"Carterrrr!" Nick yelled, a huge grin on his face.
"Hi Nick," I greeted back awkwardly, trying to ignore John's presence.
"So I believe you guys have some business to take care of. I'll just leave you two alone." Nick said, stepping away and pushing us inside of Garrett's kitchen. I walked into the house with John following me. He closed the door gently. I leaned against the counter, arms crossed. Why was he so damn attractive?
"So..." John swallowed, his adam's apple bobbing. "Nick, huh?"
I nodded slowly. "Yeah..."
Suddenly, a rush of adreniline took over, and I started talking. Fast.
"Look, I'm sorry John. I'm fucking sorry about everything. I was scared, okay? I didn't understand anything that was going on and I just ran away. It's what I do, John, I run away when things get tough, and when I'm unsure of something. And I was unsure of you."
John stared at me, finally opening his mouth to talk. It felt like hours before he replied.
"Why were you scared?"
I sighed, rubbing my forehead in frustration. I didn't want to tell him. I couldn't. But the words just flooded out from my mouth, I couldn't control it. Word vomit? I believe so.
"I fell in love with you, John. I'm fucking in love with somebody that hates me. I didn't know what was going on or why I was feeling those feelings so I ran. It's what I do. And I'm still in fucking love with you, after my career has gone down the toilet, along with everything else in my life. I've been on dates, but nobody compares to you. You're such an asshole, you know that?!" I yelled, hitting his chest as he inched closer to me.
"Why aren't you screaming at me?" I demanded.
"Stop talking," John ordered. "I wanna... try something."
Without warning, John's lips were attached to mine. It all happened so quickly. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as if it were meant to be. As if it were an instinct of mine. His arms were place around my waist, pulling my body closer to his. Suddenly, he pulled away, breathless. I was certain he would laugh at me about how he led me on now.
Instead, John just looked at me, his bright green orbs broading into my hazel ones.
"Was that okay?" He asked, his voice hushed. I was speechless, I couldn't talk. I opened my mouth so say something, but I didn't.
"I'm sorry," He quickly said. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that..."
"Why?" I asked, spitting out the words.
"Why what?"
"Why did you kiss me? Do you feel bad for me?" I questioned, anger rising within me.
"W-what? Carter... I don't feel bad for you. I like you. A lot." John answered. My eyes widened.
"I didn't just scare you off by telling you I love you? You don't hate me like you did on tour?"
He shook his head. "I never hated you, Carter. I've always been attracted to you. I just... y'know didn't wanna say it 'cause I thought you hated me. You're so stubborn and headstrong, I would've never thought." John confessed.
"Really?" I asked, a smile forming on my lips. He nodded, leaning in again. His lips pressed against mine, and excitement rushing through my veins.
"You're an excellent kisser, Carter Hall." John chuckled. I laughed, kissing his forehead.
"Why thank you, John O'Callaghan."
"Ready to go back out there and face Santino?" He asked me.
"Do we have a choice?" I questioned, eyebrows raised.
"Not really." John smirked. I shrugged as John's entwined our fingers. We sat down at the patio table, acting normally. Everyone seemed to into their own encounters to pay attention to us, and we were grateful for that.
"So," John began. "How long are you in Arizona?"
"A week." I answered. A few hours ago, I thought that being in Arizona for a week would be way too long. Now I realized it wasn't long enough.
"Six more days with you, huh?"
I nodded.
"I think I can handle that." John said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes as he kissed my cheek gently.
"Do you wanna come over tonight? To my house?"
I bit my lip, shaking my head.
"I'm tired. How about you come over tomorrow and we'll hang out tomorrow?" I suggested. John nodded happily.
"Look at you two!" Nick yelled, running over to us. Halvo and Pat followed his lead, goofy smiles on their faces.
"Oh god," I mumbled.
"You're friends again?!" Pat asked excitedly.
"Something like that," John replied, making me blush.
"Finally!" Kennedy exclaimed, who was playing catch with Jared. Molly and Garrett were too busy flirting, but I was sure they had already seen us since Molly flashed me a knowing smirk.
"What time is it?" I asked, trying to get off the subject of John and I.
"A little after 11. I say it's time we broke out the liquor." Andrew answered, followed by a bunch of agreeing cheers. If I knew The Maine, it was that they loved to drink. And if A Rocket To The Moon were their friends, then they probably shared similar interests.
It was sure to be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, they finally kissed! Haha. Thanks to Nick :)
Thank you so much for reading. I also wanted to give a few shout-outs to beaute infame, RoRo15, and it'llalwaysbeyou for commenting/recommending! Much love. Xo