Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

trois.

John's POV
Three days into tour and everyone was already having a blast. Well... almost everybody.
Carter was way too professional. She belonged in an office, not a tour bus. She was a nice girl, sure. She was pretty too. But she was already stressed out and never had a good time. She was all about work.
I had thought about hooking up with her -- maybe making her a little fuck buddy or something. I could already tell she was strong, but vulnerable. She hadn't had many boyfriends before, therefore not having much experiance with boys.
And although I didn't enjoy admitting it, I still wasn't over my breakup with Katie. As much as I tried to ignore it, I knew that being in a serious relationship would only fuck with my heart. I hated knowing that I sounded like a complete pussy saying that, too.
Today was an off day, and we were headed to some mall in Texas.
"So who's shopping where?" Kennedy asked, always wanting to have some kind of plan.
"I need to get new underwear." Jared instantly said. Carter rolled her eyes.
"Sorry, Car. It's true though."
She just giggled.
"I'm probably gonna stop by Urban Outfitters." I announced, folding my hands behind my head.
"Same." Carter agreed.
Great.
"I'm just hungry." Pat shrugged. Garrett grinned, giving him a high-five.
The bus suddenly schreeched to a hault.
"Let's gooo!" Kennedy exclaimed happily, obviously excited to get off the bus and run around for a little while. Tour was tiring, so the chance to be able to have an off-day and go somewhere was actually pretty great.
We all filed off the bus, Carter by my side. She usually hung onto Garrett, which made me think that she was the clingy type.
"Urban is on the second floor." She told me, pointing to the directory.
I thought about saying that I really didn't have to go that bad, but in reality, I needed a new pair of jeans because my current favorite ones were developing holes.
I didn't respond, I just followed her lead. Kenny, Jared, Garrett, and Pat scattered across the first floor.
"So how are you liking the tour so far?" Carter asked me as we entered Urban Outfitters.
"It's fun," I murmmed, straying towards the jeans. "What about you? Isn't this your first time on tour?"
Carter nodded, looking at a skirt. "It's different."
I looked at Carter as she inspected a black skirt. She was wearing a white tank top and a skirt similar to the one she was looking at, only shorter.
"Why do you always dress so professionally?"
Carter looked at me, her eyebrow slightly raised.
"I'm working, aren't I?"
I rolled my eyes. "You're so uptight."
"You're not serious enough." She fired back.
"So? Life isn't serious."
"I work for your band. I'm currently working, therefore I have to be serious."
"This job isn't serious, Carter. Let your hair down for once. Buy something... oh, I don't know, that's not black or white."
Carter looked at me as if I had just killed a puppy.
"Why are you so rude?" Carter asked me, crossing her arms over his chest.
"Because you're so damn serious all the time." I replied stubbornly. I grabbed an army green shirt off a rack, showing it to her.
"Why don't you try something like this?"
Carter raised her eyebrows. "You're insane."
"Hey, I'm just trying to help you out, Carter. I don't exactly like you but I don't know you either. But I do know enough to realize that you're all about work all the time -- and that's not what The Maine is about."
Carter bit her lip, grabbing the shirt from my hands.
"I don't know or like you either, John. And you're right -- I am about work all the time. And you're gonna have to deal with that for the next three months." She smirked, marching off towards the clearance section. For once, a girl had left me standing there, absolutely speechless.
Carter Hall was defiently something else.
~
Garrett's POV
"McDonalds or KFC?"
"McDonalds."
"No, KFC!...No, McDonalds."
"No no, KFC."
We had been at the food court for an hour and Jared, Pat and Kenny still hadn't decided what they wanted to eat for lunch. Honestly, all I was concerned about was Carter being with John. Carter and I had become extremely close over the past three days, and we both knew John still wasn't over his girlfriend, making me protective of Carter.
"Will you three just pick something already?" I asked, clearly annoyed.
"Fine!" Pat huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.
"McDonalds." Jared declared. Kennedy sighed.
"McDonalds." He agreed in a grumpy tone. We made our way over to the McDonalds line. I looked around for John or Carter.
"Yo Gar, what do you want?" Jared asked me.
"Uh... number one." I replied, not really caring.
A sigh of relief washed through me as I saw John and Carter walking over to us. John had a proud smirk on his face and Carter looked tired and annoyed.
Uh-oh.
"Hey, it's John and Carter!" Pat exclaimed happily as he handed me my food.
They walked over to us, Carter instantly moving to my side.
"How was shopping, guys?" Kennedy asked, stuffing some french fries into his mouth.
"Lovely." Carter mumbled sarcastically.
"You guys want something to eat?" I asked them, moving off the subject since Carter was clearly not happy about the afternoon's events.
"I'm fine." Carter said, stealing one of Kennedy's fries.
"No wonder you're so grumpy all the time. You never eat!" John piped up, joining the line for McDonalds.
"You made me lose appetite." She snarled, crossing her arms over her chest.
"That wasn't very professional, Carter! You shouldn't talk to your boss like that."
Carter rolled her eyes. "Pat, Kenny, Jared, and Garrett are also my bosses. Stop being a dick."
"Okay, okay you two!" I exclaimed, moving between them. "Calm down."
John smirked, moving up to the counter.
"He's such an asshole." She muttered.
"What happened?" I asked her as we walked towards a table to eat.
"He says I'm too professional and that I shouldn't be on this tour. He's the one that never takes a thing seriously!"
"You two are polar opposites." Jared chuckled as we sat down.
"He's just so annoying. I've known him for what, three days?" Carter continued.
"Most chicks bow at his feet. It's nice to see a change in the female population." Kennedy said, taking a bite of his hamburger.
"What about the female population?" John asked, sitting down across from me.
Carter glared at him.
This was gonna be a loooong tour.
---------------------------------------
Ah! I'm so sorry for not updating this story in forever. Here's a little pre-Halloween update :)
Thank you again for reading! <3