Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

quatre

Carter's POV
We were two weeks into the tour, and I was pretty much used to the guys. I had become the closest to Garrett, although the rest of the dudes (except John of course) were funny, kind, and cared about me as a friend. It was fun... but John was the biggest asshole I had ever met.
He always made fun of me and critized me about being too professional. I was their tour manager, I had to be professional at some point. Besides, that was just my personality and the douche just had to deal with it.
"Orlandoooo!" Kennedy exclaimed as he hopped off the bus. After a six hour drive on the bus, we were finally in Orlando, Florida. We had two days here -- one for a show, and one off day. The guys had decided a long time ago that they wanted to spend the off day at Disney World, so being the professional tour manager I was, I had already bought tickets so we could skip all the lines.
"Disney!" Pat yelled, instantly sighting a picture of Mickey Mouse next to our hotel. (Thankfully we were able to stay in a hotel tonight, not the bus.)
"We'll go to Disney a few minutes, guys. I have to check into the hotel." I told them, walking into the lobby. I felt like a mom, constantly taking care of them and making sure they didn't do anything stupid. That was the easy part of my job.
"Welcome to Orlando. Checking in?" A man at the front desk asked me.
"Yep." I answered as the guys wandered around the lobby.
"Are those your friends?" He asked. His name tag read Eric.
"Yeah, I work for them. I'm their tour manager." I replied.
"Oh, so you're on tour with them?"
"They're a band," I expained. "The Maine."
"Huh. Never heard of 'em." Eric responded, typing something on his computer.
"So you'll be saying here until tomorrow night, correct?"
I nodded.
"Are you going to be spending any time at Disney?"
"Yeah. The boys requested it." I said.
"Doesn't sound too fun. Spending all your time with a bunch of band dudes," Eric shrugged. "Are you busy tonight?"
I sighed, getting tired of this guy.
"Yes, I'm busy tonight, Eric. I'm going to be at Disney with my band dudes." I replied, mocking Eric's words.
"Just curious. I'm guessing your dating one of these guys here."
I rolled my eyes. "Eric, can you please just check us in? I don't think my love life is of your concern."
"Can't a guy ask a pretty woman a question? I'm sure you don't get much attention from those boys over there."
Now this douchebag was really crossing the line.
"I asked you once, now I'm asking you again. Will you please check us in? I get plently of friendly attention from those boys. They're my friends."
Eric raised an eyebrow at me. "Just friends? You're too gorgeous to be 'just friends'."
I rolled my eyes.
"Hey bud, think you can check us in now?"
I turned around to see John behind me, arms crossed over his chest.
Eric was quiet for a second. "Sure thing, sir."
"Thought so." John muttered, propping his elbows up on the counter.
I glared at him. I was handeling Eric perfectly fine.
"Here are your room keys. You rented two rooms, correct?" Eric asked me.
"Um... no. I rented three rooms. One specifically for me." I replied, my stomach dropping. I was not sharing a room with somebody. I was tired and needed some time for myself.
"Hmm. Looks like you only booked two rooms, Miss Hall. Sorry." Eric replied sarcastically, handing me two room keys.
"Yo, can she just book another room? Stop being a prick." John jumped in.
"John, I can fight my own battles." I grumbled, readjusting the bag on my shoulder.
"All our other rooms are booked. You only get two rooms, sorry."
I sighed heavily, glaring at Eric The Douchebag.
"Fine." I muttered in frustration, grabbing the three card keys to rooms.
"I could get you an extra room if you want, Carter," John told me as he attempted to catch up with me. I made my way for the elevator, where the rest of the guys followed us in confusion.
"I don't need someone to fight my battles, John. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself."
"What happened?" Pat asked us as we walked into the elevator.
"The douchebag at the front desk ripped us off and is only giving us two rooms instead of three because I wouldn't go out with him." I quickly explained, handing out the room keys. The guys had already picked the room arrangements before we even got here -- when there were three rooms. It was supposed to be Jared, Pat, and Garrett in one, John and Kennedy in the another, and me in the other.
"So who's going where now?" Jared asked.
"I still wanna room with Gare-Bear and Jared!" Pat whined. I rolled my eyes.
"You and Garrett can still room together, Pat." I muttered. Pat grinned, hugging me. I sighed.
"No offense Car, but we kinda made plans to drink beer, play Xbox, and find girls to hit on at the pool for the night." Jared said quietly as we exited the elevator.
"So where am I supposed to sleep?" I asked, frustrated with the indecisive boys standing around me.
"You can room with us, Car." Kennedy stepped in.
"But you're rooming with John." I said, arching an eyebrow at him.
"Oh... oh my gosh, no! Tonight was the one night that I could get away from John and now you're implying that I have to sleep in the same room as him!" I exclaimed a second later.
"I actually really don't wanna room with you either, Carter. The feeling's mutual." John said.
"Come on guys, can't you two just get along for one night? It'll be over before you know it." Pat begged.
"Disney is calling us!" Garrett exclaimed.
"I'll be civil if he's civil." I grumbled.
"I'll be civil if you're civil." John muttered.
"Yay! Disney here we come!" Pat yelled, running down the hallway to his, Garrett, and Jared's room.
I grabbed my suitcase, following Kenny and John down the hallway. We quickly entered the room. The two were already lost in a conversation involving Neil Young.
"So, when are we leaving?" Kennedy asked, sitting down on one of the beds.
I raised an eyebrow. I could tell John was thinking the same thing.
"There's only two beds." I said flatly. Kennedy peered over his sunglasses, looking around the room.
"Shit. You're right." Kennedy mumbled. "I'll sleep on the floor."
"Kenny, you don't have to do that..." My voice trailed off. I felt terrible. Kennedy was a great guy and had been so sweet to me so far, I didn't want him to have to deal with mine and John's fighting.
"I'll sleep on the floor, don't worry about it." I announced.
"You can't sleep on the floor, Car!" Kennedy exclaimed, as if it was a crime.
"So where am I supposed to sleep?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.
"In one of our beds." John mumbled, as if he was ashamed.
"No offense Car, but I'm not much of a cuddler." Kennedy told me.
"I'm not looking for a cuddle-buddie, Kenny! I'm just looking for somewhere to sleep!"
"Fine, fine! We'll flip a coin. That way fate will decide who's bed you sleep in." Kennedy decided. John sighed.
"Coin?"
John handed Kennedy a coin.
"Heads." John declared.
"Tails."
Kennedy flipped the coin.
Tails. Tails. Tails. Tails. I pleaded to myself, biting my lip. Kennedy uncovered the coin.
"Heads." Kennedy announced.
John and I stared at each other.
"Fate decided it!" Kennedy exclaimed, skipping happily out of the room.
"Um..."
"Well, that was fun."
"Extremely."
John sat down on - gag - our bed, placing his sunglasses over his eyes.
"I'm gonna go change." I muttered before scurrying into the bathroom. This was gonna be one hell of a night.
~~
Thanks for reading!