Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

cinq

Carter's POV
"Diiiiiiisney!" Pat and Jared yelled happily as we exited the gift shop. I yawned. We had already been at the park for six hours, and it was around 11 PM. I wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep, but I didn't exactly want to sleep in John's bed.
"Can we go on the tea cup ride, Car?" Kennedy asked me, running over. He had Micky Mouse ears on.
"I'm tired," Garrett whined.
"Two more rides, guys." I told them.
"Only two?" Pat asked, a frown on his face.
"Yes, Pat," I replied, sitting down on a bench next to Garrett. "We have bus call tomorrow at 9 AM. Plus we lost John somewhere back at the Star Wars ride and we unfortunatly can't leave him here."
Pat pouted.
"Make the best of it, Rat-Boy!" Garrett called after him as he ran off back to Pat and Jared.
"I'm so tired, Gar-Bear." I whined, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"Same."
"Can we leave John here?" I asked him. Garrett chuckled.
"Unless you wanna be our new singer, I don't think so, Car."
"Who's gonna be the new singer?"
We both turned around to see John walked towards us.
"Fuck." I muttered in disappointment. Garrett laughed.
"Where'd you go, dude?" Garrett asked him, sitting down next to me.
John shrugged. "Met some chick."
"Some chick?" Garrett asked, raising an eyebrow. "Dude, did you really just hook up with a girl in Disney World?"
He smirked. "She was asking for it."
I rolled my eyes. "Only you would hook up with a chick in Disney-fucking-World."
"Somebody's tired." John said.
"You curse like a sailor when you're tired, Car." Garrett added.
I shrugged, yawning again.
"So can we leave yet or are Pat, Jared, and Kenny not done being kids?"
"Two more rides." I yawned.
I found myself leaning even further into Garrett's side, my eyes beginning to flutter close.
I felt Garrett snake his arm around shoulders, and I began falling asleep to Garrett and John's conversation.
Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.
~~
"Carter, wake up."
My eyes fluttered open to feel somebody shaking my shoulder gently.
"Hmm?"
"We're at the hotel. C'mon, wake up."
To my surprise, John was at my side, trying to wake up.
"We're here?" I asked softly, slowly climbing out of the hotel's shuttle.
"Yeah. Everybody else is upstairs." John replied. I nodded, still half asleep. I followed him into the hotel lobby and to the elevator.
"You okay?" He asked me awkwardly as we entered the elevator. He pressed the button and the elevator began to ascend.
"Just tired." I responded quietly, biting my lip. "What time is it?"
"2:40 AM." John told me, guiding me out of the elevator and to the room.
"Ugh." I groaned, entering the room and zipping open my suitcase. Kennedy was fast asleep on his bed.
"I'm gonna change. Don't look." I announced, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. John nodded obdientely. I quickly stripped my jeans off and pulled my sweats on. I decided to keep my bra on just for the sake sexual tension.
I climbed into the bed when I was finished.
"I'm gonna change. I don't care if you look."
I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket over my body.
I closed my eyes. A few seconds later, I felt John climb in next to me. I felt his body a few centimeters away from me. I could smell his scent and felt his breath on me.
"You smell like sex." I muttered.
John was quiet. "She wasn't good."
"That doesn't make a difference," I mumbled. "You fucked a girl at Disney World. Who the hell does that?"
"Well sorry but like I said, she was asking for it."
I sighed in frustration. "You're disgusting."
John chuckled quietly. "You smell like Garrett."
I opened my eyes, arching my eyebrow. "I smell like Garrett?"
"Yeah, you smell like Garrett," He smirked. "You were leaning on him for awhile... so you kinda smell like him now."
"Stop smelling me and let me sleep." I muttered, pulling the blanket closer to my body.
There was a moment of silence. It was nice... until John started talking again.
"Why do we hate each other?"
I opened my eyes again, sighing. "John, you're an arrogant asshole that aimlessly fucks girls. I can't respect someone like that."
"But do you hate me?"
"I don't hate anybody, John," I replied. "I just don't respect you."
"I don't hate you either, Carter," John said quietly. "And I want you to respect me."
"The only way that I'll respect you is if you stop being so arrogant and stop being a man-whore."
Another pause. Silence. I closed my eyes again.
"If that's what it takes... then that's what it takes." John whispered.
"Good night, John." I murmmed, turning on the oppostite side.
"Night, Carter."
~~
"Goooood morning!"
My eyes snapped open. My throat was dry. Memories came flooding back from the previous night. Seven hours of sleep did not do a body good.
"Kenny, be quiet." I muttered, slowly climbing out of the bed. John was all the way on the other side of the bed, still fast asleep.
"Someone didn't have a good night." Kennedy smirked.
"What do you think? I had to share a bed with Mister 'I'll-do-anything-to-get-your-respect' and barely got any sleep."
Kennedy chuckled. "He actually said that?"
I sighed, looking through my suitcase to find something to where. In all honesty, I didn't care if I looked like shit today.
"Something like that." I mumbled, grabbing a pair of shorts and a plaid shirt.
I quickly got changed and brushed my teeth, not bothering to put any makeup on. The guys had a show tonight in a venue a few miles away, and they had a show in Tampa tomorrow. And, if I was correct, Jared and Garrett were probably hungover. Pat wasn't much of a drinker, so I doubted that he had even drank anything last night.
I exited the bathroom, noticing that John was awake. He looked just as tired -- if not more -- than me.
"Morning," I greeted awkwardly. "Bus call's in a half an hour. You might wanna get ready."
John nodded tiredly.
"I'm gonna go something to eat." I announced, quickly slipping out of the room. Since Jared, Garrett, and Pat's room was next door, I decided to go wake them up. Besides, I needed to talk to Garrett.
I knocked on their door, waiting for someone to answer.
A very hungover and tired looking Jared opened the door a few seconds later.
"Someone's hungover." I said. Jared grunted.
"Bus call's in a half an hour, Jar. I'm gonna go drag Garrett out of bed to come to Starbucks with me."
Jared grunted again, and I followed him into the room. Garrett and Pat were laying next to each other in the second bed. I smirked, watching them sleep. Their bromance was adorable. I grabbed a pillow, hitting Garrett's back with it.
"Five more minutes." He mumbled into the pillow, turning on his side and facing me.
"C'mon hun, bus call's in thirty minutes." I said in a hushed tone.
Garrett continued laying there. Finally, he slowly opened his eyes.
"How was last night?" He asked me in a raspy voice. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.
"Will you come to Starbucks with me and pick up breakfast?" I asked him, biting my lip.
"Anything for you, Car." Garrett mumbled, rolling out of the bed. He still had on the same clothes from yesterday.
"Please tell me you didn't fuck Pat last night." I whispered as he slipped on Jared's flip-flops.
"I don't think so." He chuckled, slinging his arm over my shoulders as we exited the hotel room.
"So what happened last night?" Garrett instantly asked me when we got in the elevator.
"I dunno, Gar," I sighed. "We were laying in bed together and he was talking about how he wanted my respect, and that he would do anything to get it. Including stop whoring around."
Garrett looked at me in confusion. "John never cares about getting people's respect or anything."
"I know." I muttered, walking down the street towards Starbucks.
"What else did he say?"
"He said I smelled like you 'cause I was laying on your shoulder."
He laughed. "What a dork."
"He's an asshole." I muttered, walking into Starbucks after Garrett.
"Why do you think that, Car? I mean, John's a decent dude. He's been one of my closest friends since middle school and he's my bandmate."
I sighed, inhaling the scent of coffee and baked treats before answering Garrett.
"He thinks he can charm any girl, fuck them, date them, and get away with it. He thinks that by a simple compliment, he'll have me in the palm of his hands. I'm not weak like those other girls he's met before." I answered, stepping up to the counter.
"He knows you're not weak. Everybody knows that." Garrett said as I ordered coffee and bagels for everyone. I ran my hand through my hair.
"It's like he was a totally different person last night. I still don't like him but you know... it was weird. Like strangely weird." I added, taking a sip of my coffee as I waiting for everyone else's.
"Well, that's John for ya," Garrett replied. "He's just a weird dude. I mean, maybe he just wants to stop fighting with you so much and be peaceful for once, y'know? John's not much of a fighter."
"Not much of a fighter? I beg to differ, Gare. He fights with me all the time." I said, picking up some of the coffee cups and motioning for Garrett to get the rest.
"No, he argues with you all the time. Arguing and fighting are two different things. Maybe he just wants to be peaceful with you. And you know... angry sex is the best sex."
"Ew, Garrett!" I squealed. "You're such a dude."
Garrett chuckled. "Really? 'Cause Pat told me I was a girl."
"How am I not surprised?" I giggled, stepping into the hotel elevator.
"No but really, Car, just try being civil with him. It's of your best interest anyways. Our's too! This way we don't have to hear you two arguing all the time."
I shrugged. "We'll see about that, Nickelsen. Being civil with John is like asking you to stay away from zombie movies -- seemingly impossible."
"Hey! Zombie movies and your relationship with John are two different things!" Garrett objected.
"Yeah, yeah," I smirked. "I'll see you in twenty minutes downstairs."
Garrett nodded, promising to deliver coffee to Jared and Pat. I entered our room, placing the two cups of coffee on the night table for Kennedy and John. The room was empty and packed up.
"Maybe they're downstairs." I said to myself, dragging my suitcase towards the door. Deciding I should go to the bathroom before we got on the road, I opened the bathroom door only to find John getting out of the shower.
"Holy shit!" I yelled, running out of the bathroom. I could hear John hysterical laughing from inside the bathroom.
"John, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes even though he was in a seperate room.
I could still hear him laughing loudly.
"It's... okay...!" I heard him panting from the bathroom, trying to calm himself down.
"It's not funny! I just wanted to piss before we left!" I whined, rubbing my eyes.
"So you didn't knock?" John laughed. "Damn Carter, you obviously have learned nothing from being on tour with a bunch of dudes for the past two weeks."
I rolled my eyes. "The only time that would even happen is when someone uses the bathroom, which anyone rarely does since you can't shit or use toilet paper. I'm the only one that ever goes in there since I have to change and stuff."
"Yeah, yeah. I know you just wanted to see my hot body."
I scoffed. "Can you just get dressed so I can pee already?"
"What's that? Take my time? Oh, well thank you Carter! How sweet."
I growled, sitting on the bed and waiting for John to exit the bathroom. Finally, fifteen minutes later, he was out out of the bathroom.
"We have to leave in five minutes, asshole!" I scolded loudly, running into the bathroom. I quickly did my business and grabbed my suitcase, waiting for John.
"Come on, we have to go!" I exclaimed, getting annoyed with how slow John was being.
"Calm down, it's not like they're gonna leave without us." John grumbled. I rolled my eyes.
"You guys have a show tonight and have a bunch of interviews starting at 1. You have soundcheck at 5. There's no time to be taking your time in the goddamn bathroom, O'Callaghan!" I yelled as John relucantly followed me to the elevator.
"You know Carter, I actually thought you were starting to change. I thought we were making progress and becoming friends. But obviously I was wrong. You're still the stuck-up bitch I met two weeks ago."
And with that, John exited the elevator, storming off towards the bus.