Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

six

John's POV
Yes I felt bad about calling Carter a stuck-up bitch a few hours ago. No I wasn't going to apologize.
The Maine was about having fun, making music, getting drunk, and being happy. Carter was professional, uptight, stuck-up, and purposely hated me.
"Alright guys, you go on in 30 minutes." She announced as I took a sip of water. Everytime she opened her stupid mouth I got angry. Everything she said was meaningless and annoying. I just hated her -- and to think that I actually wanted her respect. Ha. What a joke that was. The only way you would get her respect was by being a prick, like her.
Kennedy walked over, sitting down next to me on the couch.
"Do you know why Carter seems so off today?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes. It was always about Carter. Perfect little Carter.
"No idea." I replied, venom dripping off my words.
"John... what'd you do?" Kennedy questioned, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Nothing. She was being a prissy little bitch so I told her how it was, and she obviously didn't like the truth." I answered nonchantly.
"What did you tell her?" He demanded.
I sighed. "Look, she was being rude so I told her she was being a stuck-up bitch. It's not my fault she doesn't like hearing the truth."
"John! She can't say that to a girl, especially our tour manager for fuck's sake! Carter's a good girl and you're just pissed that she's not worshipping you." Kennedy scolded in disapproval.
"I don't really care, dude. I'll tell her whatever I wanna tell her. It's your problem if you don't like it."
Kennedy shook his head. "She's really not that bad if you got to know her."
"I tried! And she just shut me out like the bitch she is!" I exclaimed. Kennedy glared at me.
"Both of you need to just get to know each other, that's all. You don't have to be friends but you can't be enemies. Just be civil. Is that so hard?"
"With Carter it is."
Kennedy sighed. "We're all going to Denny's after the show tonight. You and Carter are staying on the bus and are going to have a civil conversation with each other and get to know one another. Don't even try getting yourself out of this one because you're not, John."
"It's not my fucking fault, dude!" I exclaimed angrily.
"I don't care. She's our tour manager. She's a cool girl and she's really nice. Plus... dude, she has the power to drop us off of Fearless."
My heart dropped and my stomach tightened it knots. "She has the power to do that?"
Kennedy nodded. "She's the executive manager of Fearless. Kinda like their CEO. And at any time if you say something that she's not cool with, she can call up her boss and talk to him about dropping us. She has a lot of power, bro."
Getting dropped off our record label was one of my biggest fears. And if Carter had the power to to get us dropped... then I would do just about anything to get on her good side.
"Okay," I sighed. "I'll be civil with her. Friends, whatever. Anything to get us from being dropped."
Kennedy smiled. "You're doing the right thing, John Oh."
"Alright guys, you're on stage in five!" Carter announced, walking back into the room. She had pissed off look on her face and Garrett was behind her. Probably because she had to spend her night with me.
"Have a good show." She told all of us as we walked towards the stage. I took a deep breath, looking at Carter before I went on stage.
The guys ran out on the stage, starting up the intro.
"John! Get on stage!" Carter exclaimed, a panicked look on her face.
"I'm sorry for everything, Carter." I said before running out, singing the beginning of "Inside of You".