Status: Completed

The Calling (A Zak Bagans Story)

Chapter Two- Intruder

Zak’s POV

Hot water streaming down my back taking my thoughts down the drain. I stood there watching the mist swarm around me as I breathed it in. Her face popped in my head and all I could think about was her. Why her? What was so special that she got picked? I have to admit I am impressed by her and talking to her yesterday was insightful. I automatically assumed that by her body language and the way she spoke with her soft delicate voice. She is going to be difficult on investigations.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist and walked to the sink. My hand slid across the mirror to reveal my reflection. My hair was up in spikes and you can see the water droplets on the end of the tips. I looked tired from all the Ghost Adventures investigations. We have one coming up in one week and I need to get enough sleep to be able to stay up.

I heard a knock on the door so I grabbed my clothes and walked out. Shiloh was standing there with her towel and clothes.

“Hi Zak.” She said in a tired voice.

“Hi.” I said and continued walking.

I felt bad for treating her the way I do but I’m just so disappointed that she joined us. I can’t help it with the way I feel and I know I’m being selfish. I just shrugged it off and walked into my room.

A Few minutes later Nick and Aaron were eating cereal at the table and I walked to the sink and grabbed a bowl for myself.

“So how did it go yesterday?” Aaron asked with a mouthful of coco puffs.

“It was okay.” I said as I was pouring myself some coco puffs.

“Did you guys work things out?” Nick asked without taking his eyes off his lap top.

“There was nothing to work out.” I placed the box on the table.

Nick looked at me, “There was so much that you two had to work out. Zak I’m sorry but you are being such an ass. It’s like I don’t even know you anymore. You don’t even know her well enough to treat her with such hostility. I spent four months with her and I know she is smart, sweet, and responsible. Aaron and I like her, Why can’t you?” He said with asperity.

I felt my body tremble with anger and grabbed my bowl and threw it towards the wall, “She can’t handle this job! You can tell by the way she looks she is weak!” Aaron’s mouth flung open, “Nick she is going to get in the way and who is going to fix it…me.”

Nick was going to say something but instead I heard her voice.

“So you think I am weak? Why because I am inexperienced in this field? Let me tell you something, I can take care of myself. You have no idea who I am! I’m sorry that I’m not like you! I’m not athletic, brave, and smart like you but that doesn’t mean you can judge me. I want to be here and work with you guys for a living. You know how you need answers about what really is out there…well I need them too.”

Tears started to spill from the corners of her eyes and it hurt me seeing her like that and I hated myself for what I have done.

“Look Shiloh I’m so sorr…-“

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear your fake apologizes. You know what before any of this fame that you received and watching you on the first episode ever…I liked you. I thought I can actually relate that you received and watching you on the first episode ever…I liked you. I thought I can actually relate to you about my experiences, but I was wrong,” She wiped her tears away, “Zak you used to be my hero but now that I stand here before you…” She stared at me for a couple of seconds, “You mean nothing to me and I hate you!”

With those final words she ran off into her room and I heard her door slam.

“Zak I’m really disappointed with you and you are an asshole. I know my best friend would never treat anyone like the way you treated her.” Nick gathered his things and left.

“I screwed up didn’t I?” I asked not expecting a response.

“Yeah but it can be fixed.” Aaron said while walking to his room and I was left alone.

Shiloh’s POV

I was lying on my bed looking up at the ceiling. Wondering on what did I get myself into? I wasn’t feeling sorry for myself but mostly feeling sorry for Zak. I don’t regret for saying that I hate him he deserved to hear those words. What I hate is…how I felt when I told him. I didn’t mean it because I have feelings for him and always admired him but I feel like I destroyed him and robbed him from what he loves. I sat up quickly and slapped myself. Quit thinking like that it wasn’t your fault he overreacted, I did nothing wrong. I grabbed my bag off the floor and took out my journal. Scanning through the pages I stopped on April 12th the day I was released from the hospital. It’s been ten years since I was…I can’t even think about it. My mom’s picture fell out from within the pages and I picked it up and smiled.

A soft knock was heard on my door and I looked at the time on my phone it was three in the morning. Who is knocking at this time? I stared at the door and waited till someone said something. I got up and quietly tip toed to the door and pressed my ear against it. I heard breathing so someone was out there but I had this feeling to not open the door. My feet began to move from underneath me towards the back wall. Then instead of a knock it turned into a loud bang and it made me jump. I slid down to the floor and pulled my knees up to my chest. I was motionless and silent and stared at the door. The knob slowly started turning with my breath caught in my throat. Then I heard a click and watched the door slowly opening. I was shaking, my heart was racing and I felt it ready to burst out of my chest. Help was all I could think of and the person who popped in my mind was Zak. Please someone come and help me. The door stopped opening and nothing happened after a while. I stood up and walked to the end of my bed and watched for the door to move. I took one step towards the door and my breathing was increasing with every inch that got me closer.

“Nick? Zak? Aaron?” I softly whispered reaching for the door knob watching my hand shake.

I was centimeters away from touching it and the door flew open and I was pushed from an unseen force. I landed on my back and winced from the impact. I quickly sat up and stared at the doorway all I could see was darkness. To scared to move knowing that someone was here with me. What do I do? I stood up and ran towards the door and my first reaction was to scream. That’s when I felt my body being pressed up against the floor and my throat being squeezed. I couldn’t breathe, I was helpless trying to cry out for help nothing would come out. I began to whimper from the pain and from the corner of my eye. I noticed Zak standing in his doorway. He stood there speechless not knowing what was happening.

“Help…me…please.” My voice came out in a small yelp.

He started running to me but my door slammed shut and he started pounding on the door screaming my name, “Let her go you bastard!” He continued furiously pounding on the door.

“Zak’s what’s wrong?” I heard Aaron asked in a frightened voice.

“Someone is attacking Shiloh! Quick Nick, Aaron help me break down this door!”

Their bodies began slamming up against the door and I laid there immobilized. Not capable of breathing tears were spilling from my eyes. My hands reaching in front of me searching for my attacker, but I grasped nothing. Then I heard a familiar voice that brought me back to my past.

“I found you.” The evil whisper echoed through my ears.

How was this possible? I began struggling.

“Shiloh hang in there! We are trying to get to you!” Aaron screamed.

It laughed, “You think you can escape me? I told you the night you cast me away I would come back and here I am!”

“Get…off…me!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and it released me. I got up and ran to the door, “Zak get me out! Please he is trying to take me away!”

“Don’t worry I’m here! I’m trying!” Zak shouted

It’s demonic laugh surrounded my whole room and feeling it’s demonic presence in the room hovering above me, below me, all around me, and feeling like I was being suffocated.

“Leave me alone!” I yelled.

“Do you think I will let you slip through my grasp again? It won’t happen!” He laughed, “I’ll be back to drag your soul to hell!”

“No! You can’t take me!”

It laughed surrounded me with its energy.

“Leave her alone!” Zak yelled and finally burst through the door.

I was coughing and holding my neck on the floor. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pulled me into their chest.

I looked up and it was Zak holding me, “Zak, I can’t breathe.”

“You let her go! You have no business with her!”

“She is mine!” It screamed and Aaron and Nick jumped and ran by Zak’s side but Zak stayed strong and kept holding me.

“No she is mine and if you want her you have to get through me. Release her!” Zak yelled.

I felt Aaron sit by me and Nick was in front of Zak, “ Yeah Shiloh is our friend and we are not letting her go.” Aaron said.

“You can’t stop me! I will get her!,” it laughed, “I will get her when you least expect it.”

Then in a sudden rush it was easier to breathe and I could feel it was gone. All I could do now was cry and the guys stayed by me to console me.

“Shiloh what the hell was that?” Nick asked me in a state of shock.

I looked up at all three of them, “The reason why I am here.”

All three of them stared at me and I knew it was time to tell them my story.