Kingdom of Spades

Gavin

Gavin often found himself at a loss as to what he should do with his apprentice. He had only ever had boys before, and they were easy enough to teach and punish. They were very basic. Motivated by food and pain, and teaching them was really a breeze. She was much, much more complex, motivated by factors he didn't even begin to comprehend. That, and although she frequently disobeyed him, she never actually did anything quite bad enough for him to warrant punishing her. The fact that she was a girl made him feel slightly uncomfortable about punishing her, too.

Shaking his head at his young apprentice, he sat down on her bed next to her and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Yes, you can listen to me. And you will learn to listen." His voice was stern, but his eyes were soft. "Lay down. It's very, very late. and I need you to be awake for things in the morning. So please, just lay down and sleep. What we were discussing is none of your concern, Magelet." He pulled the blankets up, ignoring the face she made at the nickname. "Lay down." he commanded.

He hadn't really expected her to listen, but she laid down. Albeit, she was giving him a look that said that this wasn't finished and that she was likely going to pester him in the morning, but that's okay. he just really, really needed some rest, and time to think about what the hell was going on. Leaving her laid up in the bed, he shook his head and made his way back into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Image


When Luke had awoken on his bed on the floor to an empty room, he was concerned. It wasn't like Aron to just...leave. Given, he had known that the knight was on guard duty tonight, but surely he had finished by now? It was very late, he could see the moon hanging hazily in the distance. It worried him. Why would Aron be gone?

Vaguely, he wondered if he had done something. If he had made Aron angry or upset, and if maybe he should be hiding right now just in case he was pissed when he came home. Aron was certainly not a guy you wanted mad at you, even though Luke managed to put himself in that situation exactly almost every day.

he wandered around for a moment or two, listening to see if there was anybody else around.

When he found himself to be totally alone, he frowned, perching on Aron's bed. He was gonna wait up for him. Yeah. At least that way if he was in trouble, he would know right away. Laying out on the bed, he fully intended to stay awake...but it only lasted for about fifteen minutes before he fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
split chapter 8D