Kingdom of Spades

Aron

Aron walked back into the room and looked down at Luke's, again, sleeping form. He still looked angelic. It just didn't seem right or even fair really. He had to remember what Gavin told him though. He had to remember and wait. One day he would be able to tell the boy how he felt. He wasn't sure how he would be able to manage it, but he knew that he had to wait. At the moment, he didn't know what Luke would do.

He had to wait.

He reminded himself of that as he laid down on Luke's cot imagining the boy curled on top of him, Aron's fingers clinging to Luke's hair. Yes, it was a beautiful thought. It was nothing more than a thought, even as it stirred him inside. He had to rest. He had work on the morrow as with every day. His desires couldn't change that.

He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes and tried to make himself sleep. He wasn't going to get much sleep that night. He had to admit it to himself even as he tried to expel all thoughts from his mind. It wasn't easy , but eventually he found himself drifting into an uneasy kind of sleep.

Image


Aron jerked awake to see Luke staring down at him. "What?" he demanded with a frown. He didn't mean to come across as harsh, but he had never done well when he was woken up abruptly. It probably had to do with the fact that sleep had always been something precious he could never hold onto.

Much like Luke.

"Sorry," Luke muttered looking away. Aron looked on in wonder as he saw the boy's cheeks turn with a flush. "I was just, you slept in my bed."

"So?" Aron asked tilting his head to the side. "You were asleep," he pointed out. "It would have been foolish to wake you up and make you move in the middle of the night and I was far too tired to move you," he said shaking his head. "Besides, what's wrong with use swapping beds?" he asked. "I've slept on far less comforting things," he pointed out.

And that did rub him wrong. Why should he have such a nice bed and Luke not. Luke, who should have been a knight this last year. "But it's your bed," Luke pointed out shifting from foot to foot.

Aron shook his head as he pushed out of bed. "Now don't you have other things to worry about? Like your studies and your training?" he asked Luke. "You have duty in court today as well. You can't miss that."

The boy sighed and Aron couldn't help but feel for him. He would likely be mocked by the boys his age who were nights. "Don't worry," Aron added placing a nervous hand on the boy's shoulder. "It'll get better. You'll be a night one day Luke. Just remember that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the update took so long, but I hope that it was worth it and that you guys enjoyed it!