Kingdom of Spades

Gavin

If one were to think of what your typical mage looked like, Gavin would probably be the spitting image. Well...if you were thinking of a young mage. Not the old ones with the pointy hats and long beards.

It was a given that mages aged differently than normal people-- it was the magic, it had a tendency to slow down the ageing process-- and Gavin was no exception. He never told people his age (although it wasn't as if he was old enough to need to lie) but rather let them assume. He also generally preferred to keep to himself. People were a nuisance, making noise and getting in the way of his dedicated study, and for the most part, he plain old did not care about what they had to say. It was why he generally avoided the apprentices. It wasn't even as if he hadn't had them-- he'd had a few strapping lads over the years, all of which had been fairly well behaved (Once they were his apprentices, there wasn't much choice) and had gone on to be successful.

Now though, he was busy. His face was immersed in a giant pile of papers and books, pens and inkwells littering his desk. Mumbling to himself, he pushed a stack of neatly written notes to one side of the desk. He was a man who spent a fair bit too much time inside his head, really. Perhaps it was nearing the time for him to go out for a little walk-- after all, the sun was streaming in through the window already and it was a perfect time for a stroll.

He had hardly gotten up, however, when a noisy commotion in the entrance to his tower caught his attention. Growling, he snatched his staff from where it was leaned against the desk and rushed into the opening...to find a small, dark haired girl tangled up in the tapestries, held suspended.

"You should know better than to be in here." He said coolly, although he was looking at her with amusement rather than anger. The staff held loosely in his hands, he made his way over to poke at her. he rather liked when they had feisty female apprentices-- most of them quit after a little hazing from the boys, rowdy little runts that they were. He liked when the girls stuck around. Most of the ones that hung in there were good at what they did.

Arching his eyebrow, he waved his hands until the tapestries retreated, leaving the girl standing in front of him looking rather small with some sort of lock picking device held in her hands. Glancing at it, he waved his hand. "Come on, girl. You're training to be a mage, you don't need that petty stuff." he took it from her hands, tossing it away as he stood for a moment, evaluating her. Spunky. Even now she was looking at him, just brimming with attitude and determination.

"Tell you what. You learn to knock before interrupting, and I'll take you as my private apprentice."

He could practically feel her heart pounding. He knew it was a little unorthodox-- female apprentices were never chosen for private apprenticeship. Especially not with a mage of his calibre. Sometimes the newly graduated mages would take a young girl, more to toy with than to actually teach. "So? Would you like to stay here with me and learn?"

He didn't need to wait for an answer. He could tell by her eyes it was a resounding yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
sexy mages are sexy ;D

comment and subscribe (: