Kingdom of Spades

Gavin

Patience was not really Gavin's forte, but when it came to his apprentice, he certainly gave more room than to others. Hell, Kass even got more patience from him than any of his precious apprentices had. He would say that it was because he was older and he knew how to wait now, but really it was more along the lines of 'Kass is too cute to actually be mad at'. The boys, they were usually late because they were fucking around and generally being douches. Kass was a different deal. The amount of mocking he got for having a female apprentice was second only to the mocking of how fondly he looked after her compared to the others.

His back to the door, he was writing things up on the chalk board. A rather tedious task, one that he could magick up in no time, but he had a certain disdain for those who used magic for the most mundane little tasks. Waste of good talent, time and magic. And besides, writing it out helped him remember what he was going to teach her.

He heard her come in the door before he turned around. "You're late." he said, glancing over his shoulder at the girl. "I sincerely hope you weren't fooling around with that goofball. I told you to stay away from him--- he's just going to get you in trouble, Kassidy." It was no secret that Gavin disapproved of Aron's lively boy. It wasn't as though he hated him-- no, there was no doubt in his mind that Luke was a good boy inside, and that he was going to get his shit together and be a knight one day, but he didn't like how the boy was always in and out of trouble, and always dragging his Kassidy into it.

And one day, he worried that the boy would get Kassidy into more trouble than Gavin could get her out of.

He shook his head and looked back to the blackboard. "And you're wearing the wrong robes. You know better." He scolded lightly, waving his arm towards the desk. "Sit. I want to get this lesson started so that we can get things going. I have a meeting with Aron this afternoon and I'd rather not be late."

That girl. She was beginning to be as troublesome as her little blond friend. Late, wearing the wrong robes. Good thing he really, really liked her.
♠ ♠ ♠
nsh i have nothing to say xD