Kingdom of Spades

Aron

Aron was muttering darkly shaking his head as he came back to his chambers. Luke was sprawled across his pallet fast asleep. That was honestly just fine with Aron. He needed to think a lot and he had difficulty thinking when Luke was around or conscious.

Then again, from what he'd heard, Luke himself acted different when he wasn't around Aron or his friend Kassidy. It made him wonder what the boy hid from him that he was so willing to show the rest of the world around him. It made Aron want to watch the boy that much more carefully just so that he could see and maybe understand what Luke tried to hide.

The boy seemed so innocent now sprawled out as he was in his sleep. It made Aron just want to reach out and touch him. What would happen if he did? Would Luke come to his touch or would he recoil from it? It was a complicated thing being a knight. Everyone thought they knew about them but in reality no one really knew the knights beyond the mages, the king, and then knights themselves. If they knew anything than they'd know that knights couldn't be with women unless the king allowed it. There was a logic to it, but none of them bothered to question if it was right or wrong these days.

Of course the king hadn't been so cruel as to make them priests. Instead, they could take lovers, but only amongst themselves. That had always suited Aron just fine, except he had never actually taken another lover. He had never felt the urge to until she had looked one day and realized that Luke was no longer the little boy he had taken in at the age of twelve.

He moved across the room quietly before reaching out and brushing his finger's across the boy's cheek. Guilt swept through him even as hope began to flourish. Luke actually moved towards his touch. He couldn't very well take advantage of the boy though. He couldn't deny that the thought did touch his mind for a moment.

He moved back and forced himself to breath as he tried to control the desire he felt growing inside of him. He was going to have to go and drag Gavin out of bed. His friend would hate him for it, but Luke needed someone to talk to and since Gavin had been the only one that Aron could bring himself to talk to, he was going to simply have to subjugate his friend once again. Leaving the chamber and making sure that it was clocked behind him, Aron made his way swiftly down the hall towards the Mage's Tower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it is so short my darlings, but I thought I'd develop some of Aron's character for you all so that you can understand what the wonderful knight is like!