Kingdom of Spades

Gavin

The mage hated being disturbed from his sleep. There was very little he enjoyed more than sprawling out with a cup of tea and then getting a good night sleep-- and that's what he had been doing until somebody started hammering on his door. Not the kind of knocking one could ignore, even if he wanted to.

Growling to himself, he pushed out of bed, glancing at his young apprentice. Bundled in her blankets in the room across from his, she was looking at him, bleary eyed and confused. "Go back to sleep, pet." He murmured. "It's nothing important." He shook his head. Something told him it was Aron. Nobody else would dare disturb his sleep except in the case of an extreme emergency.

Sure enough, when he opened the door, he was met with Aron, and it went without saying that it was going to be a long night. "Come in." he said, motioning for the knight to enter.

Leaving the door open for his companion, he crossed to the fire and stoked the embers, boosting them with magic until the flames licked up around the pot, heating the water necessary for tea. Long conversations were best had with tea.

Aron settled himself in a chair with a sigh. "It's Luke." He said.

Gavin glanced back at him, placing mugs out on the table as the water began to bubble. "Luke? What the hell has the kid done now?" he asked, scowling. The kid was always in some kind of trouble. Safe to assume that was what Aron wanted to talk about. Gavin didnt understand how he could be so patient with the lad...yeah, it was clear enough that he meant well, but jesus, was he ever a fucking pain in the ass.

Aron shook his head, taking the cup of tea offered. "No, it's something else." He said, scowling at his friend as he settled back into the chair. "It's...I've just been..."

Gavin had known this was coming. He was very aware of the restrictions put on knights of the court, and despite his disapproval, somewhere deep down he had known this would happen. Lukas wasn't a goofy, gangly little blond boy any more. He had grown into a handsome, albeit still goofy, man. "I know."

Sitting beside his friend, he was quiet, offering a listening ear for the time being. It wasn't as if he didn't understand; having love beyond what you should for one you were in charge of was something he was well aware of. So aware that he simply did not have any advice. It appeared they were in the same boat.

"I touched him. When he was sleeping just...I wanted to see if he would pull away or move towards me." Aron frowned.

Sipping his tea, Gavin shrugged. "And?"

"He moved into my touch."

Gavin regarded him. "Then I don't really see a problem."

The knight's face was flushed with some smattering of guilt and hope.; a confusing mixture. And although Gavin didn't understand his sentiments at times, he was willing to stay up all night and listen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Poor Aron