I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

Facing fate.

The next morning you wake up and drive straight to Vic’s house. You decide that it would be easier to talk to Vic first and then Mike. You knock on the door and wait hoping that haven’t woken him up, because if you have that would just make everything harder. After a minute or so Vic opens the door. At first he seems shocked to see you but then he smiles and invites you in, which takes you by surprise.
‘I need to explain myself and get everything out in the open…’ You say sitting next to Vic on the couch, turning sidewards to face him.
‘No you don’t, I understand…’ Vic starts.
‘Yes. I do. I’ve screwed you around so many times it’s not fair.’ You interrupt him.
‘I can’t keep playing with your feelings and expect you to just forgive me every time.’ You continue.
‘I shouldn’t have kissed you in the car. I knew you weren’t over Mike and you still aren’t. The thing with Craig… I was pissed off at you because I was jealous. You’re not mine anymore but I still have this urge to protect you in any way I can. We still have this connection and it drives me crazy.’ He smiles.
‘I know Vic. And that’s why I’ve made a decision.’ You finally say.
‘A decision? Between Me and Mike?’ he raises his eyebrow.
‘I need time away from both of you. I need to try and start again without having to worry about hurting you and to make myself get over Mike.’ You say.
‘What you mean move away? Do you plan on not coming back?’ He looks at you hurt.
‘If that’s what it takes…’ You feel like whatever you say or do, Vic’s always going to end up hurt by it.
‘I guess…I guess if that’s what you want to do.’ He says after a long silence.
‘You don’t understand Vic. I don’t want to. It’s something I HAVE to do. You’ll be so much happier without me constantly hurting you…’ You tell him.
‘When are you leaving then?’ He asks.
‘As soon as I can pack everything up.’ You answer with a weak smile.

***

After leaving Vic’s you decide to ask Mike to meet you at the coffee shop in an attempt to make things easier. As you sit waiting for him to arrive you feel a million different feelings and the thoughts swirling around in your head make you feel sick to your stomach. You look up to a tall figure standing in front of you.
‘Hey…’ Mike smiles down at you nervously.
‘Hey! Sit down.’ You try and smile but it fails miserably. Mike sits down with a look of utter confusion on his face as he waits for you to speak. You exhale and push your hair back out of your face.
‘I guess I should just tell you straight up…I’m moving away.’ You say nervously.
Mike watches you for a while before putting his head down and looking at his hands.
I shouldn’t have expected this to be a good talk…’ He finally says taking the news a lot better than you thought he would or wanted him to.
‘I just…need to clear my head and stop hurting everyone.’ You continue.
‘You never hurt me. I hurt you. And I know it means shit all now but I’m sorry…’ He says looking you in the eyes.
‘I know and I’ve forgiven you. But I need to do this.’ You say trying to hold back tears.
‘You can still stay. Everything that’s happened… I promise you we can find a way to sort it out.’ He tries to change your mind.
‘It’s not that simple Mike. I need time please…’ You beg him.
‘No.’ He says before falling into a long silence.
‘I’ll let you go on one condition. Tell me this isn’t forever. Tell me you’re going to come back…’ He continues demanding an answer.
You look down at the table in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter chapter.
Bit of a filler i guess but it's important to what's in store for the next and most likely final chapter.