I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

Without you there is no me.

You sit in the San Diego airport waiting for your flight, trying your hardest not to think of everything you’re about to leave behind. You tell yourself that it will all be worth it in the end, and decide to calm yourself by getting some coffee.
You line up at the end of a very long line in the coffee shop and after a short wait it’s your turn to order. The guy taking your order is about the same age as you, with dark brown hair sweeping across his forehead and the brightest green eyes you’ve ever seen. He looks up at you and asks what you’d like before doing a double take and shyly smiling at you. You blush at the attention and give him your order.
‘Sorry, it’s gonna take a while..one of the machines stopped working and it’s a bit slow.’ He tells you.
‘Oh, that’s okay. I’ve got time to kill anyway.’ You smile at him.
He looks past you to see if there is anyone else lined up behind you and there isn’t.
‘So…what’s a pretty girl like you doing at the airport? Not running away are you?’ He asks.
‘Something like that…’ You laugh nervously, shocked at the accuracy of his prediction.
‘Oh sorry…so I guess asking you for your number wouldn’t be a good idea?’ He says handing you your coffee.
‘Wouldn’t that be kind of unprofessional?’ You laugh.
‘Yeah, but nobody has to know.’ He smiles at you.
‘I’m sorry, you’re a really nice guy and I would love to but I won’t be coming back to San Diego so there wouldn’t be much point…’ You explain.
‘I thought so, it was worth a try.’ He laughs at his failed attempt.
‘Thanks for the coffee anyway.’ You say turning around to leave the shop.
‘Good luck with whatever it is you’re looking for!’ He yells out after you.

***

It’s finally time for your flight and you gather your things together and chuck your empty coffee cup in the nearest bin. You look around saying your final goodbye to San Diego as you make your way to the departure gate. As hard as you try you still manage to let a single tear slip. Feeling stupid you quickly wipe it away before anyone can see. Just as you are about to head to the gate somebody grabs your free hand from behind. You turn around confused to see Mike, out of breath like he’d just run a marathon. Upon further inspection you see Jaime, Tony and even Vic smiling back at you from behind him.
‘Mike…what…what are you doing here?’ You ask confused.
‘What do you think I’m doing here?’ He says through gasps for air. You look around at all the boys before putting your attention back to Mike.
‘Did you think I could just let you go?’ He smiles catching his breath.
‘How did you know I was…’ You begin.
‘Jaime accidently let it slip that you were leaving today.’ He says. Jaime was the only one you told because you hadn’t talked to anyone else since your talks with Vic and Mike. You turn to Jaime who smiles back at you and he mouths the word ‘oops’ at you.
‘I don’t know what you want me to do…’ You say still confused.
‘You’re not leaving. I won’t allow it.’ Mike says holding your hand tighter.
‘Excuse me miss you need to get on your flight now…’ A woman interrupts.
‘Just give me a second.’ You tell her, and she nods and walks away.
‘You won’t allow it?’ You frown at him.
‘No. I will literally hold you back and I’ve roped them into helping me if need be.’ He looks over at the rest of the guys.
‘But Mike…’ You say looking towards Vic.
‘It’s okay. We’ve talked and sorted everything out.’ Vic smiles at you, and you know it’s genuine.
‘Please. I love you. You’re the only one I’ve ever loved…’ He pleads, seeming almost scared.
‘Restraints won’t be necessary then.’ You feel the smile spread across your face and you can’t hold yourself back. You jump on Mike and he catches you, burying his head between your neck and shoulder before placing you back down on the ground and kissing you, holding you tightly around the waist.
You hear Vic, Jaime and Tony cheer and clap and you pull away from Mike looking at them embarrassed. You look back to Mike and he takes your hand in his again looking down as your fingers intertwine before looking back up.
‘I love you.’ You smile up at him.
‘Marry me.’ He says with a massive grin spreading across his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will probably be it for a while.
I don't have plans for anything else in the story just yet, but it could happen in the future :)
final feedback is much appreciated!