I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

Feelings.

You wake up in Vic’s arms, startled by faint noises In the front of the bus. You move Vic’s arms from around your waist and shuffle across and out to go investigate.
You walk through the bus to find Mike sitting down with a bottle of whiskey in hand. He takes a long swig before noticing you’re watching.
‘Shit..sorry did I wake you?’ he asks.
‘Um yeah..don’t worry about it.’ you reply.
‘Well in that case can we talk?’ he asks you.
‘Depends if you’re going to try anything on with me again..’ You say cautioning him.
‘Pinky promise’ he smiles offering you the bottle of whiskey.
You decline and sit a considerable distance from him, just to be sure.
‘I wanted to apologize for earlier, the last thing I wanted to do was make you upset over it.’ He half smiles at you and you know he’s sincere.
‘It’s all good, my emotions are a bit all over the place anyway.’ You smile at him.
‘Whiskey tends to help that’ He again offers you the bottle.
‘I think I’ve got a handle on it, but thanks.’ You hand the bottle back.
‘There’s something else I wanted to say though.’ He looks you dead in the eye and you begin to feel self-conscious.
‘I’m really really attracted to you. If it weren’t for Vic…’ He says exactly what you guessed he was going to say. You cut him off.
‘If it weren’t for Vic you wouldn’t even know me Mike.’ You try to change the subject, which lately is becoming your specialty.
‘I know but stop changing the subject. Tell me the truth I can handle it.’ He reaches for your hand and for some stupid reason you let him take it.
‘To be honest…I really don’t know. Whenever I’m near you I get butterflies and you seem so dangerous to me. But then I see Vic smile and I can’t help but smile back at him.’ You look down at your hands and for a moment it almost feels right.
‘So…you do like me?’ he smiles.
‘I….I’m not inclined to say so.’ You don’t make eye contact with him, knowing it could lead to something that shouldn’t happen.
‘So yes?’ He edges closer, closing the gap between you.
Suddenly you hear something from the bunk area. You let go of Mikes hand and make an obvious and safe gap between you and him.
Vic stumbles through rubbing his eyes.
‘I heard talking and I saw you were gone.’ He smiles at you. He obviously didn’t hear anything worth hearing, or he wouldn’t be so happy.
‘Yeah, we couldn’t sleep.’ Mike replies while once again reaching for the whiskey.
‘So you hit the whiskey instead?’ Vic laughs.
‘When do I not? Well, I’m going to take this and mix it with some of that stuff they call sleep ‘ He replies.
‘Yeah, we should probably get some sleep too. Big day tomorrow baby’ you smile and take Vic’s hand back to the bunks.