I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

Soundcheck.

You’re sitting in on the boys soundcheck , watching them set up while they wait for Mike to show up. Jaime and Tony laugh about something together while Vic is occupied with his guitar. None of them seem to be worried about Mike, and you feel kind of stupid for sitting there in silence almost sick to the stomach with worry about where he is. You hear the door behind you slam and you jump from the sudden shock as Mike walks into the room with his drum sticks stuck in his back pocket straight past you, not even acknowledging your existence.
Vic looks up, notices it’s Mike and carries on with what he was doing.
‘Well, well look what the whiskey dragged in!’ Jaime yells out across the room.
‘Shut the fuck up Jaime, I’m not in the mood for your shit right now.’ Mike warns Jaime before jumping onto the stage and sitting behind his kit.
The sick feeling sinks right down to the bottom of your stomach as the boys smash out the intro to Besitos and you don’t dare look over at Mike. Instead you focus on Vic to make yourself feel better. Jaime seems to have shrugged off Mike’s mood pretty quickly, and is jumping around stage while Tony sticks to his side of the stage keeping to himself. You risk looking over at Mike who is putting all his energy and anger into his drumming. They finish up Besitos, make a few changes before heading straight into Disasterology. You reach into your pocket and pull out a hairband and tie your back out of your face, which is flushed red and hot before pulling out your phone and pretending to look busy to avoid looking over at Mike so no one will pick up on the tension between you. Before you know it the song is over and Mike has jumped down from the stage already with a cigarette in his hand heading for the door.
‘Well at least he showed up I guess, even if he still is in a shit of a mood.’ Vic says to Jaime as they walk over to you with Tony close behind.
‘Maybe you should go talk to him…’ Jaime says as Vic sits down next to you, and you pass him your water bottle.
‘He was thrashing those drums pretty damn hard, I think I saw blood!’ Tony laughs.
‘Yeah…I guess so. I’ll be back in a sec babe.’ Vic kisses your cheek before jumping up and heading for the door. You hope to god Mike doesn’t tell Vic about what’s really wrong just because he’s angry at you.
‘So you went to check on him this morning right? Any idea why he’s so pissed?’ Jaime takes Vic’s spot next to you only a bit further away while Tony stays standing.
‘I have no idea…I just hope whatever it is he gets over it soon. Took a bit of it out on you didn’t he?’ You smile at Jaime.
‘Ha yeah…I guess.’ He smiles at you, a touch embarrassed.
‘You had to see that coming though, I mean you do get annoying …oh only 99% of the time.’ Tony smirks at you and you silently agree with him.
‘Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have said it at the time. But I can’t help it, it’s part of my charm!’ Jaime says. You and Tony look at each other and laugh.
‘Well I dunno about you, but as soon as Vic gets back we need to go for food before the show. You gonna watch the show?’ Jaime asks you.
‘Nah, I think I might just go chill out on the bus. I didn’t get much sleep last night.’ You reply, secretly just pining for some alone time to figure out what’s going on in your head.
‘Awww fine then, your loss!’ Jaime sounds disappointed.
‘You do realise I watch you just about every other night, right?’ You remind him.
‘Yeah..but..that’s beyond the point!’ He tries to think of another reason but fails.
‘You’re such an idiot Jaime!’ Tony says, slightly embarrassed of the dumb things Jaime says that even you are used to by now. Jaime finds this amusing, as he does most things and laughs it off. Just as you all finish cringing, Vic walks back into the room looking concerned. Your stomach sinks again.
‘So what’s the verdict?’ Jaime asks Vic before you get the chance.
‘Oh he’s just having girl trouble, wouldn’t say who though... But the weird thing is that some security guard wouldn’t let me back inside. He didn’t believe I was in the band and I had to Google a photo of us to show him I was. He tried to start a fight with me and everything!’ You now notice Vic looks more disturbed than anything else. Jaime and Tony burst into fits of laughter and you smirk at them before getting up and hugging Vic.
‘Is he okay now?’ You ask Vic quietly.
‘Well after I showed him the picture he still didn’t believe me so I punched him out and ran…’ He replies.
‘What about Mike?’ you giggle.
‘Yeah, he’s a bit better now we’ve talked. Let’s just hope his mood improves before the show.’ He replies.
‘I would pay to see you trying to beat up a security guard!’ Jaime yells, recovered from his laughing fit.
‘Okay, c’mon let’s go get food!’ Tony heads for the door but stops.
‘Yeah I’m starving!’ Mike walks in the door and smiles, something you’re glad to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit more Tony and Jaime in this one :)