20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Training.

"I want to come hunting." I said walking into the front room after a long shower, a brush of my teeth and new make-up.

"What?" Andy said looking up from the telly.

"I want to come hunting." I repeated patiently.

"No." Pete said and laughed.

"I wasn't talking to you dick. I could help you lot. Act as bait and then stake the little nippers."

"Little nippers? Is she serious?" Pete said turning in his chair to look at me.

I flipped him the finger and turned to Patrick.

"Please Patrick? You know I could help!" I pleaded, sticking my bottom lip out when he looked at me.

"Sorry Wednesday. It's just too dangerous." he said shaking his head.

Time to release the full puppy dog look on him. There was no way he would deny me thing time.

"Please please please please please!" I whined and crouched down in front of his chair, hands clasped, literally begging.

He sighed and looked at me desperately.

"No Wednesday. You haven't been trained! You'll be killed."

"Then train me! I don't want to have to stay in all night while you guys go out and kick ass. I wanna come out too."

"The only one who could train you is Pete..." he said trailing off and looking at him.

"Ha! No way! I'm not going anywhere near her!" Pete laughed and shook his head.

"I want revenge on the guy who killed my parents." I stated turning to Pete.

"He's probably already dead." he replied coldly.

"Well I want to make whoever changed him pay then. It's their fault."

"That would be a definite no. He's mine." Pete replied turning back to the TV.

"Says who? You probably don't even know the guy!" I spat, standing up and marching over to him.

"Patrick control your girl." Pete said looking to him.

"I'm not his girl. You make me sound like a pet." I said and smacked him round the head.

Well no. I tried to smack him round the head. But just as I got about a centimetre away he caught my wrist and smiled at me.

"That was a very bad move you just made." he said narrowing his eyes and twisting my wrist slightly making me drop to my knees.

I looked up at him from the floor and glared.

"Oh really? So if I did this it'd be even worse?" I said sitting still.

"Huh? What? You didn't do anything." he said standing up, still holding my wrist.

"Oh didn't I?" I raised my eyebrows and looked passed his shoulder.

It worked. He turned his head to try and see what I was looking at, taking his attention off of me. I pulled my arm back and punched him in the balls as hard as I could. He quickly let go of me and fell to the floor gripping his precious jewels. I laughed and stood up turning to Patrick.

"Still don't think I can defend myself?" I asked putting a hand on my hip.

He didn't answer, instead he just looked at me stunned. Joe on the other hand wasn't met with the same silence unfortunately.

"That. Was. AWESOME!!!! Patrick I like her we have to keep her!!!!" he yelled and jumped up to high five me.

"You act like I'm a dog dude. Not cool." I laughed but high fived him anyway. He was like a little puppy.

"I don't care you're staying." he said and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back and laughed but our happiness didn't last long because a hand suddenly grabbed my leg. I looked down to see Pete, looking angry, pulling my leg towards him. I screamed, kicked him in the face and jumped away.

"Oh you're going to pay!" he growled, jumped up and started towards me.

"Pete! Calm down!" Andy said standing in his way.

"Move. Or die." he growled still looking after me.

"Come on man. It was just in good humour." I said trying to laugh it off.

It didn't work.

"You're going to wish you were never born!" he yelled and went to push passed Andy.

I took that chance to run out of the room and down the hall as quickly as possible. I needed somewhere to hide and fast. Or at least something to defend myself with.

"Oh I do love it when they run. Makes the chase a lot more exciting." I heard him snarl from the front room. Then I heard him come after me and ran quicker than ever.

I found a door I had never seen before and threw it open. There were stairs going down. I didn't know where it led but it had to be better than here. And there was always that chance that there might be a way out.

I flew down the stairs and landed in the basement. But it wasn't a normal basement. This was full of weapons: Stakes, crossbows, knives and even grenades. I stopped, gasping for air, and took a moment to look around. I could hear a fumbling about upstairs and knew it wasn't going to be long before he found me. Usually I wouldn't be scared of him but he really was mad. I heard the door open above me and footsteps hurrying down the stairs. I ran across the room, grabbed three stakes and a few knives and went to hide in the corner behind the punching bag. When I say "went to" I mean I got about half way there before Pete burst through the door quickly followed by the rest of the guys.

He smiled nastily at me and stopped. I turned to face him and held the weapons behind my back. There was no way I was having my back to this psycho.

"Hello again sweetie. How's the hiding going?" he laughed darkly.

"Come on Pete you need your shake!" Patrick said walking towards him but Pete held up a hand.

"This isn't between me and you Patrick. This is to do with her finally being put in her place." and with that he started walking towards me, knowing he had me trapped.

I walked a few steps the the right and he mimicked me to the left. Two more steps and he was out of range of Patrick and the guys and close to a wall. I quickly selected one of the knives and threw it at him. It hit him in the shoulder and knocked him back into the wall.

"Ow you little b-" he began but I cut him off.

"We don't need to do this Pete." I snapped eyeing him warily.

"Oh we do." he smiled again and took a step forward.

I threw another knife into his right foot. He screamed out in pain and pulled the knife out. Where the knife touched his skin I could see burn marks. Interesting.

"You're going to pay for that." he hissed.

I threw again and hit him in his left foot. Not waiting for him to pull it out I threw a stake which hit him in the shoulder and impaled him into the wall. He went to pull the stake out, biting back the yell of pain, but I threw another stake into his right shoulder, impaling him again. Now he was stuck and I could see the burn marks forming around the stakes.

I walked towards him watching him. He was glaring at me unsurprisingly but didn't move. This confused me but I edged closer.

"Are you ready to stop Pete? Cause I really don't enjoy hurting you." I said seriously.

It was true I didn't enjoy hurting him I did it because otherwise I would die.

He stayed silent so I took another step.

"Pete? Answer me and we'll take those things out." I said taking yet another step. He was still watching me. I was close.

"Wednesday be careful. He's not stable." Patrick warned from the doorway.

I had forgotten they were there.

Suddenly there was a huge roar from Pete and he ripped himself from the wall, rushing at Patrick but he didn't get far. I threw my final stake, hitting him square in the back and when he went down I knelt on his back, lifted his head by his hair and held my final knife to his throat. I leaned down to his ear so none of the others could hear me.

"Listen Pete. You are endangering me and your friends. Now I don't care what you are or what you need but you need to pull yourself together because if you don't I will kill you. Understood?" I whispered quickly.

I felt his hair tug slightly as he nodded and I stood up. Dusting myself down I looked at the guys. Andy was looking impressed, Patrick stunned and Joe was of course grinning like a lunatic.

"Looks like we have ourselves another Hunter!" Joe said happily, jumping on the spot slightly.
I grinned.

"Told you I could help." I said and bent down to pull the stake out of Pete's back.

"Now where's the vampire that killed my parents?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I quite like this chapter. Fun to write. Anyway comments please. :D x