20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Stay.

"Erm. I was checking the time. I still haven't got a phone remember." I stated hoping he'd believe it.

"You know there's a clock on that wall right?" he raised an eyebrow and pointed.

I turned to look at it, my heart sinking. I had made such a mistake and now the chances were that I was probably stuck here. Especially after how I treated the guys before I left. But I wanted to see my sister. Was that such a bad thing? To finally not want to be alone in this massive, suddenly extremely weird, world?

"No. I didn't. Sorry. I didn't look at anything don't worry." I said trying to be as coy as possible.

He smiled and laughed.

"I wouldn't have minded if you had. You're here now. That's all that matters." he said and beamed at me.

"Yeah. Thanks again for letting me stay here." I said quickly although my heart wasn't in it. I wanted to be back with the lads again. With them I felt safe. Here I didn't.

"Here. Try these. They look around your size." Brendon said holding out a pair of black and white pyjamas.

I looked at them for a moment, smiled and took them. Sunday always used to wear these pyjama's when there was something little to celebrate. Like when I got my first crush. Or when we got our interview. Or we bought a new hamster. Little things. She'd put them on and we'd have a girly night in watching crap romance films and laughing at how much "in love" these people were. I felt the tears rush to my eyes again but this time they weren't sad tears. I hugged them to me then looked up to Brendon.

"Thank you."

"Are you alright?" he asked quickly obviously noticing the sudden array of tears.

"Of course. Just remembering some things." I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Oh okay. You can change in here if you want." he said and smiled again.

"Thanks again. Where should I put my clothes?"

"Oh just in the top drawer there. We can probably get you fresh ones in the morning if you want."

"That'd be nice thanks." I said and I was honestly grateful for the offer but I still wanted to leave.

At that moment I expected Brendon to leave the room and let me change but he didn't. He just stood there staring at me. I looked at him and frowned, unsure as to what I was supposed to do. After looking around the room, thinking I must have missed some little room he had expected me to change in but finding nothing, I turned back to him.

"Erm... excuse me?" I said hesitantly.

"Yeah?" he frowned.

"I need to change..."

"I know. I said you could change in here."

"But you're still here."

This caused him to smile mischievously.

"I know."

I placed a hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow.

"Get out Urie." I ordered.

"Aww come on! You're no fun!!" he whined.

"I'm also not that kind of girl!" I laughed and pointed to the door.

"Fine! But don't be long. I want to sleep."

"It's night time. You're a vampire. You should sleep in the day." I stated.

"Duh. It's like four in the morning. Idiot. The suns coming up soon."

My gaze flitted to the window and my heart sank as I noticed to familiar rays of light just poking out from the horizon. If the sun came up that meant no Pete. Which meant no rescue. And since the guys slept in the day too so they could Hunt in the night that meant I was stuck here for the day. Which meant sleeping in a house full of Dandies. Great.

I changed quickly and let Brendon come back in. He looked at me approvingly and smiled.

"See I knew they'd fit." he said as if I had had any doubts.

"Of course they would you idiot. We're twins. We're the same size. Now don't you need to go to sleep?" I stated and looked towards the bed.

"Yep. Care to join me?"

"Hmmm. Let me think about that... No. Don't you have another bed?" I asked looking around the room.

Brendon laughed and clapped his hands once. Two Dandies came in carrying a huge mattress. Another followed carrying a pillow and quilt. I was impressed. They looked expensive.

"I didn't think you would so I took the liberty of setting you up your own little sleeping area." Brendon said proudly.

"Thank you." I replied and watched as the Dandies set up my new bed for me. Sure it was on the floor but damn that thing looked comfy.

"Any time. Now are you sure you're okay with sleeping in the same room as me?" he asked, concern layering his voice.

"Yeah. I feel safer having someone I know in the room too if I'm honest. Especially in this massive house." I said truthfully.

"No-one would hurt you here love. No-one would dare now they know you're mine." he laughed.

"I still need to talk to you about that Mr." I warned, causing him to laugh even more.

Suddenly his smile dropped and he looked at me seriously.

"What happened to you by the way?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"When I left you with the gang. Sunday said when she went they were all dead and you were sat in the middle of them. She also said when she got to you Peter took you away somewhere. They didn't hurt you did they?" he questioned, the concern deepening with every word.

"Look at me," I said gesturing to myself with my hands. "Do I look like they hurt me? They just thought I was one of their victims. They let me go as soon as they knew I was alright." I lied. It was a lot more than that but he didn't know.

"Oh okay then. It was just that me and Sunday were-"

"Do you talk to my sister a lot then?" I cut in. I didn't like the thought that they could be as close as they were.

"Yeah. All the time. We're good friends. But in saying that I'm one of the only ones who can keep up with her and amuse her. She's the fastest here. And the most skilled. She made a perfect vampire. Which makes me wonder if you would too." he said and looked to the floor slightly.

"I'd rather stay human for now thanks." I stated.

His head snapped up quickly and he frowned again.

"For now, yes. But you may not always feel that way. You won't always feel that way. And when you change your mind I'll change you without thinking twice. Then you'll be mine forever." he said quickly as if I was a child who needed to be protected.

"Brendon. No. I don't think I'll ever want to be a vampire. It's too violent. Too messy. And over all it's just too dangerous." I said.

"But. You'll see it's better like this. I promise you that you will." he said seriously.

Suddenly his bedroom door burst open and someone jumped on Brendon, knocking him back onto his bed. Someone was kneeling on his chest, their face quite close to his as he squirmed slightly.

"Have you heard?! There's another girl here! Right here!!! In this house! How amazing is that?!" the person screeched into Brendon's face.

"Yeah Sunday, I know-" Brendon started.

"You know?! Have you met her? Is she pretty? What's her name?!? Where is she? Take me to her. Please please please please!!!!" Sunday said wriggling excitedly on top of Brendon who was looking at me looking slightly annoyed.

"Sunday?" I asked hesitantly.

Sunday's head whipped round to me and she caught my gaze. Her smile faded and her eyes widened as she slid off of Brendon's chest and walked over towards me. She stopped a couple of feet away from me and raised an arm as if she was wanting to touch me, but she quickly dropped it again. I didn't know what to do so I stepped forward and hugged her tightly.

"I thought you were dead." I said softly into her ear.

I felt two hands grab my shoulders as she pushed me away and inspected me closely.

"They haven't hurt you have they? Any of them. You're still human right? Please tell me you're still human." she hurried, tilting my head to either side to inspect my neck.

"I'm still human and no no-one's hurt me I swear." I said happily.

"But what about the hunters? You were at their house. You were in their bed. That's how I found you. Then those idiots set fire to the house. I'm sorry. You could have died. They were supposed to get you out. Not burn the place down. I'm so happy you're safe!" she said and hugged me again.

"Yeah I was in one of their beds. They let me rest for a while then when they realised I was fine they let me go. They just thought I was one of the Dandies victims who needed saving that was all." I lied again.

This is wrong. I shouldn't have to lie to my own sister. My sister who had been dead for months now. My now reborn sister. It wasn't right.

"Good. All that matters is that you're safe. And are those my pyjama's?" she said looking down at what I was wearing.

"Yeah... I had none so Brendon got me some of yours."

She spun around to face him.

"You went in my room?! You went through my drawers?! Everything better be where it was when you found it Brendon. Or you're dead!" she said and smacked him on the arm.

"Haha. Technically I'm already dead sweetie."

"Oh don't make me stake you. Because I will. Oh I will!" Sunday laughed.

It was odd to see them like this. Not only because she was supposed to be dead and not only because they were both vampires but because of how natural they looked to be around each other. Like it had been like this since forever. Like they were old childhood friends. I suddenly felt like the outsider and in some ways I was. I looked to the floor and picked some imaginary fluff off of my pyjama shirt. Sunday turned to face me and looked at the make-shift bed.

"Hell no you are not sleeping on that thing, in here, with him. You can stay in my room." she laughed.

"No she can't. My room's better than your's. Besides she want's to stay here. Aren't I right Wednesday?"

I didn't have time to answer.

"No. She may have wanted to stay here before she knew where I was but now that I'm here she obviously wants to stay with me. I'm her twin sister. You're nothing but a weirdo. Oh and your rooms only a foot bigger but I have the better view and two beds so overall it's better if she stays with me." she laughed and winked at him.

"Come on Wednesday. Time to get you some sleep. We have a big shopping day tomorrow to plan." she said and dragged me out of the room, leaving Brendon in his room, on his own.

His words rung through my head.

Mine forever

I needed to get out of here. And I needed to do it soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in ages. Been busy with exams. Not be long now before this stories finished. But I have plenty more coming. So don't worry. Check out True Darkness. I think you'll like it. Anyway thanks for reading- Emily. x