20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Shopping Trip.

When I woke Sunday was already up and dressed. I knew this because she was perched like an owl on the frame at the bottom of the bed. It was scary to say the least. Mostly because it was so unlike her and so abnormal. It took all I had not to scream and back away from her but somehow she could sense my discomfort. Her head cocked to the side.

"I'm sorry. Did I spook you?" she asked standing up to her full height on the bed frame.

"A little." I admitted.

"I'm not used to humans anymore sorry." she said casually and back flipped off of the frame, landing with such grace that, even if I hadn't known that she wasn't human, I would have now.

"So what do you want to wear today? A dress? A skirt? Leggings? Anything. I've got it. Beckett funds a lot of my shopping trips." she said waving a hand dismissively and heading over to a huge wardrobe in the corner.

When she opened the doors I could see that it was actually a room lined with shelves and cupboards and drawers which I had no doubt were filled with all sorts of expensive things. I eyed it all warily and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

"Got any jeans in there?" I asked standing up and stretching.

"Honey. Look at me. Of course I have jeans." she said with an attitude that was so unlike her it completely threw me back.

We searched through the various amounts of clothes until we found something we both agreed on. Then she left me to change, saying she'd bring back breakfast and telling me to take any shoes that catch my attention. After watching her stroll out of the room I felt my heart sink. She wasn't anything like she had been before. It was almost frustrating. I had hoped that after all of this we might be able to try and go back to normal. She could drink some of Pete's shake instead of blood and we could try and get jobs during the night. It couldn't be too hard surely. But maybe I was wrong.

She came back within five minutes, empty handed and looking disappointed. I frowned at her.

"Sorry but we're fresh out. I guess having a house full of vampires who don't tend to eat human food means we don't have any in. But, I swear, first place we'll stop in the mall will be the food plaza. We'll get you sorted in no time." she laughed and winked at me.

"At the mall?" I asked confused.

"Yes silly. Remember I said last night that we had a shopping trip to plan? We're going shopping. Got to get you some clothes of your own after all. And it'll be good to have another girl to shop with. Brendon's soooo boring sometimes." she explained, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door.

"Speak of the devil, he's outside. I'm guessing he's coming along after all." Sunday sighed.

"Yes I am and don't think I can't hear you from out here. Your walls aren't sound proof you know." Brendon said unhappily from outside.

Sunday sauntered through the door and winked at him.

"That was the point. You're really not too bright first thing are you sweetie?" she laughed.

"But wont the malls be closed? It's night time after all." I asked honestly confused.

"Nope. We have a special one. They keep it open at night just for us. For their help Beckett provides them with protection. These suits can get so boring." she said and gestured to Brendon.

"Hey! I like this suit. Shouldn't you be wearing your's anyway?" Brendon pointed out.

"Yep but who's going to know. We're going out. I should be allowed to not wear a suit every now and then." Sunday said angrily.

"Well I think I might know." a voice said from beside us all.

We turned quickly and there stood the big boss himself. William Beckett. The one and only. I shuddered slightly and stepped more behind Sunday. He seemed to notice this gesture and smiled at me.

"Ah Wednesday. I'm glad to see you back with us. You are unharmed I assume?" he prised, leaning towards me.

"I'm fine." I said shortly.

"They thought she was one of our victims and let her go when they realised they were wrong." Sunday explained happily.

"Good. Good. Now I came to explain why Brendon still has to accompany you." William said, his gaze flicking back to Sundays.

"If the Hunters managed to kill a group that size in the short amount of time I was gone it means they are getting stronger which means I can't risk any harm coming to be my best assassin. So I am taking extra precautions." he said grimly.

"Fine. But do I really have to wear the suit?" Sunday squirmed.

"On this occasion, yes. But that's only because the mall is under new management and he wont know who you are otherwise. Go change and be back by three." William ordered.

"Yes sir." Sunday replied, bowed and ran off into her room.

William turned to Brendon who looked up at him with pride.

"Urie. You are to protect these girls with your life. If either dies then you die. Understood?" William Beckett growled.

"Yes, Sir." Brendon replied and bowed his head slightly.

"Enjoy your trip." he said finally to me and then left. I glared at the back of his head before turning back to Brendon who was looking at me with confusion.

"Why are you always so uneasy around him?" Brendon frowned.

"Because he's the leader of a huge group of Dandies. Why shouldn't I be uneasy? He could kill me at any second." I stated wishing Sunday would hurry up.

"But he wouldn't kill you. You're too important." he defended.

"You don't have to suck up to him you know. He's not here." I remarked.

"I don't suck up to him! I'm just polite. Like all right hand men should be. You wouldn't disrespect your boss would you?"

"No but my boss doesn't kill people." I pointed out.

"He saved your life."

"No. You saved my life."

"He created me."

"No your parents did. He killed you."

At that point Sunday came out of her room fully dressed in a black suit jacket and black trousers with a white shirt underneath and a small bowlers hat, clipped on at an angle on her head. It suited her curls and the colours were a shocking contrast to her blonde hair. But over all the whole thing suited her perfectly. I smiled at her as she did a twirl.

"Come on then you to. The clothes are calling." she said and skipped away down the hall.

* * *

When we got to the mall it was fully lit and all the shops were open. Sunday stayed true to her word and we headed straight for the food plaza with Brendon plodding unhappily behind. Whether it was having to come clothes shopping or our little spat earlier Brendon was now in a bad mood which Sunday didn't hesitate to point out.

"Cheer up grumbly bum. We're here to have fun. If you give us a smile I'll let you pick out a dress for Wednesday." she taunted. He didn't smile. I was grateful.

"So where to first?" I asked as it began to feel more and more normal being back with my twin. This was like old times.

"We'll start of shopping for casual wear, then we'll move on to formal wear, then pyjama's, then underwear. Even though Brendon will, no doubtingly, complain throughout this whole trip." she laughed.

We headed for a shop called Pulp which contained funny t-shirts, stylish clothes and awesome bags. Sunday quickly found a dress which she just "had to have" and went off to the changing rooms. Brendon stated he needed a Starbucks and left. I continued to shop while Sunday changed and was just inspecting a Torrettes Bunnies bag when someone appeared by the side of me.

"Come on we need to go now." Pete said unhappily.

"Jesus Christ! I wish you wouldn't do that!" I yelled.

"Shhhh. Your sisters not too far away. Do you want her to hear us?" Pete hissed.

"No. But still. What do you mean we have to go?" I asked dumbly.

"You wanted saving. Now come on lets go." he started to pull me away but I was still holding the bag.

"Hang on a minute. I need to put this back." I said and ran back to the hook to loop it over.

"You done?" he snapped.

"You have no idea just how happy I am to see you. I am so sorry for what I did. I made a mistake." I blubbered.

"It's fine just come on before someone se-"

"What's going on here?" Brendon asked from the door.

My head snapped up to meet his gaze. He looked angry but also hurt and betrayed. My heart swelled and I went to move towards him but Pete pulled me back.

"Let her go." Brendon growled.

"Look. She doesn't want to stay with you Brendon. Just let us leave and no-one gets hurt." Pete warned.

"You don't know what she wants! Wednesday's perfectly happy with me. Aren't I right Wednesday?" Brendon countered.

I looked to the floor and stayed quiet.

"Right this dress is beautiful so I'm getting it. Found anything yo- Oh. Hello. What's going off?" Sunday asked, eyeing Pete warily.

"I'm taking Wednesday." Pete stated.

"Oh really? And what makes you think I'm going to let you?" Sunday growled.

"I'd like to see you stop me." Pete laughed.

Sunday crouched down and got ready to pounce, her fangs extending and Brendon blocked the door ready to strike. I stepped in front of Pete and held my arms out either side of me.

"No." I said defensively.

"What?!" Sunday asked quickly.

"No. You can't hurt him."

"What do you mean?" Brendon snapped, narrowing his gaze.

"I don't want to be a Dandie. I don't want to kill people. When you found me the first time I had just killed most of those Dandie's and Pete was coming to take me back home. I'm one of them. I'm sorry." I said looking to the floor.

"What?!" Sunday yelled.

"You mean you lied?" Brendon said, deflating a little. He sounded genuinely hurt. I instantly felt bad.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"You threatened her when she asked about you being a vampire. So don't be so surprised she doesn't want to stay with you." Pete spat.

"I did nothing but help her!"

"Why? Because you "love" her. Ha! Don't make me laugh. You're incapable of feeling anything otherwise you wouldn't kill all those poor defenceless humans."

"Pete that's enough." I warned.

"You're a Hunter?" Sunday asked, ignoring the two.

"Yes. I'm sorry Sunday. I didn't know you were alive when they found me. I didn't know what to do when I found out you were a vampire. I just can't kill people like you do. I don't have it in me." I explained.

"You're a Hunter." she repeated, this time stating it.

"I'm sure we could still have shopping trips?" I asked hopefully.

"No. You can't. She'll just kill you or give you to Beckett. You mean nothing to these people!" Pete yelled.

"That's not true!" Brendon yelled back.

"Shut up!"

"I really am sorry Sunday." I said trying to show her that I meant it.

"Me too. I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. Go on. I'll explain everything to Beckett." she sighed.

"What?!" Pete and Brendon both said in unison.

"Well there's no point in us fighting. Not in a public place. We have an image to keep up Brendon and you know it. And if she doesn't want to stay we shouldn't make her. She'll just be unhappy back at the mansion. So we should let her go." Sunday said sadly.

"But. But she has to stay! She knows where we live now. She knows! She can't go." Brendon blubbered.

"Shut up Brendon. Like she'd tell anyone. There wouldn't be any fun in the hunt then would there." Sunday stated.

"She's got a point." Pete cut in.

I watched with tears in my eyes as Brendon's face went blank and he just stormed away leaving us to it.

"He'll come around don't worry." Sunday said turning to me.

"It was nice spending this time with you again." I said and went to hug her.

"Yeah it was. We'll have to do it again sometime."

"Sometime soon. I'm glad you're not dead."

"Yeah me too. See ya around kid." Sunday laughed sadly and ruffled my hair before taking off after Brendon.

I watched her leave and turned back to Pete who didn't look particularly happy to be having to save me yet again. At this stage I was crying. I might as well had lost my sister again. That's what it felt like anyway and now there was a chance I would have to kill her or witness her being killed some time soon. I burst out crying and Pete took hold of my shoulders.

"Come on. Lets get you home." he said softly and phased out of the shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. The next chapter. Hope ya like it and if ya don't then stop reading it. :P Enjoy. - Emily x