20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Nerd Land

When we got back to the house I ripped myself away from Pete and ran upstairs into my room. I could hear them talking downstairs and tried to block out their voices from my ears but they still snuck through.

"Well what can I say? I did everything I was supposed to. She needed to be taken away from there." I heard Pete mumble through the floor.

"That may be so but you could have done it a bit nicer. You didn't have to get into an argument with Brendon after all." Patrick said. I could almost hear him shake his head.

"She was the one that texted me to come and get her. She knew fully well what was going to happen. Don't pin this all on me Patrick!"

"I'm not Pete but you've got to see my side too. You can't say you were fully in the right!"

"I give up with you. You either want her safe or you don't. Make up your-"

There was a knock at my door making my attention snap to it, losing the conversation completely. I ignored it and buried my head further into my pillow. The knock sounded again. This time louder. I growled and threw a toy at the door.

"Look I know you don't want to open the door but if you don't I'm gonna break it down so take your pick."

"Go away Joe!" I screamed into my pillow.

"Three seconds before I knock it down." he warned.

"Not gonna happen."

"Three."

He wouldn't be able to do it.

"Two."

He hasn't got the strength.

"One...."

I leapt up and ran for the door, throwing it open, to see Joe stood there grinning like a fool. I hit him and went to slam the door but he had his foot in the way. Stupid boy.

"What do you want Joe?" I snapped, placing a hand on my hip and drumming my fingers.

"Ooooh not the hip! That means business. I best be quick. Come with me!" he laughed, grabbed my wrist and pulled me down the hall after him.

We stopped outside his room while he fumbled with his key but it wasn't long before it was open and we were inside.

"Welcome to my humble abode." he said with his arms outstretched.

I looked around with an eyebrow arched. It was like nerd heaven. Above his bed he had all the different coloured versions of the lightsabers there ever were spread out from good to bad. On his ceiling he had posters of various different bands but then game posters such as Call Of Duty, Zelda, Halo, Portal and some which I didn't know the names of. There were figurines of all the Star Wars, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings lining his left wall and bookshelves full of manga series, vampire novels, the Lord of the Rings books (including The Hobbit), Terry Prachett novels, Artemis Fowl, the Twilight books and many more I don't care to name, lining his right wall. But the best was yet to come. As I turned around to the wall behind me I noticed something amazing.

"Pokemon plushies!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and jumped towards them.

"NOOOO!" Joe screamed and grabbed me.

"What?!" I spun towards him and glared. "You cannot show me something that awesome and not let me play!"

"But they're in an order! Perfectly arranged. I've got one of every single Pokemon ever made! You can't mess them up. Take them one at a time. And put them back after you're done!" he ordered.

"Fine!" I pouted and picked up an Eevee, pulling it towards me for a hug. I always did like Eevee.

"Good choice. Now shall we watch some films? Or listen to music? Or play on games?" he asked turning to face me.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What's going on Joe? What are you hiding?" I asked, completely suspicious.

"I just thought you needed some time to relax. Too much has happened recently and it's getting stressful. Plus the parent's are arguing downstairs so I needed a reason to escape. Are you in?" he explained, patting the bed beside him.

"Fine. But try anything and I'll break your wrists." I warned.

"Ha! Are you kidding? I have taste thank you very much!" he laughed.

I scowled and hit him as hard as I could just making him laugh more. Stupid boy.

"Oh just put something on already!" I complained and settled myself back onto his bed, putting a load of pillows behind me.

"Ever seen Blade?" he asked.

"Nope."

"You've never seen Blade before?!"

"Nope."

"You haven't lived! We'll watch that first."

I laughed and waited for him to sit back down before looking around again. Suddenly a can of Vimto hit me in the face. I scowled at Joe again but he just laughed.

"Oh my god! You should have seen your face!! It was like this..." he pulled some ridiculous scared face and burst out laughing again.

I opened my can in his direction, spraying him with the pink/purple fizzy drink. He spluttered and fell off of the bed. I laughed and threw a pillow at him while he was on the floor.

"Hey! What happened to 'don't hit a man while he's down'? Not very lady like of you." he complained, crawling back onto his bed.

"I never have been very girly." I confessed and shuffled over for him to join me.

Joe laughed and pressed play. The film was about a Vampire Hunter who saves a woman from the Vampires. It was so dreadful it was good. I was hooked within ten minutes.

We were halfway through watching the second Lord Of The Rings when someone knocked at the door.

"Hey. We're about to watch Die Hard if you two wanna come join us." Andy called from the hall way.

Joe looked at me, grinned and jumped up onto the bed.

"DIE HARD! Yeah! Come on Wednesday. Get moving!" he said, kicking me off the bed before rushing out, down the hall.

I sighed and picked myself up. Maybe I could take Eevee downstairs with me to face the guys? He wouldn't notice and I'd put it back.

"Not a chance! Put her back!" he shouted.

I laughed and placed her on her place before heading down to the guys.

I ended up sat next to Pete on the three seater. Patrick and Andy were on the two seater and Joe was sprawled out across the three bean bags we owned. We offered him the spare seat or the arm chair but he refused. Apparently the floor's comfier. Idiot.

I was sat at one end of the couch and Pete was at the other but it wasn't long before he had stretched out with his head on my legs. I looked down at him.

"Do you mind?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"If I sit with my legs on you I can't see the TV. Deal with it." he hissed.

"Humph fine."

"Just don't try to make any moves on me. I know what you girls are like!" he laughed stupidly.

"Ew no. I'm not hitting on my Dad." I exclaimed.

"What?!" Pete asked, shocked and confused.

I reached down to high five Joe before he complained about me "leaving him hanging" and looked back to Pete.

"It's okay Pete. I don't expect an idiot like you to get it." I said and winked at him.

"Shut up and watch the film." he spat at me, crossed his arms over his chest and glared at the TV screen.

I laughed and put my arms around his neck due to a lack of anywhere else to put them. It wasn't the most preferable place to be. He is a douche after all.

We woke up at about 8:30pm. Pete was sat up and I was leaning on him with my legs tucked close to me and his arm around me. We woke at the same time and he flipped me off of him, straight onto Joe who was sprawled on his back on the bean bags. I can't say I missed where it hurts...

"Jerk! What was that for?" I yelled, waking Patrick and Andy.

"You shouldn't have been so close to me then." Pete shot back.

"Well sor-ry for not being able to control what I do in my sleep. Trust me that wasn't by choice. I'd rather sleep with Joe." I snapped.

"Hey!" Joe complained.

"No offence Joe. You're just more like my brother. It's icky to think of you like that." I said to him, flashed him a smile and a wink and turned back to Pete.

"God you're such a child!" he complained and walked towards the kitchen.

"Says the one who just pushed someone off of him just because she was close. You could have really hurt me!"

"What's going on?" Andy asked.

"The two love birds are arguing again." Joe explained.

I turned and hit him in the jaw, knocking him backwards a little but before he hit the ground Pete was there with Joe's throat in his right hand pinning him to the floor.

"If you ever say anything like that again I'll rip your heart out! Got it?!" Pete growled into Joe's face.

"Pete! Go have your shake now!" Patrick yelled at him, stepping towards him.

Pete growled and shoved Joe back one last time before storming towards the kitchen.

"Pathetic!" he hissed before the door shut behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so so so so so SO sorry I haven't updated in like years. Well it feels like years. Anyway! Here it is. I'm not amazingly happy with it. I know where I want to go but I don't know how to get there. -.- Anyway! Hope ya like it. Isn't Joe sweet bless him.

Please leave me your critism and love.

Comment, Subscribe, Recommend.

Oh and check out my story "A Note From A Dead Man". It's my actual book which I'm going to send to get published when I finish it so check it out please and tell me what ya think. Thanks. - Emily x