20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Big Day

So today was the big day. But I didn't know what the big day was. In fact I had no idea just what we were doing today. There had been no new news of Dandie activity so we weren't hunting them yet. So was it gonna be shopping? Because believe me, if it is, I will not be happy at being woken up at two in the afternoon. Given the fact I went to bed at seven thirty in the morning. I yawned and stretched before standing up and plodding to my door. I swung it open to find Pete stood there looking annoyed.

"What time do you call this? Did you not hear me when I said today was a big day?!" he snapped.

"Good morning to you too princess." I replied, waving a hand in dismissal and wandering down the hall towards the bathroom having one last stretch. God it feels good to stretch. Pete followed me frowning.

"So the words "big day" mean nothing to you then?" he replied. "And where the hell do you think you're going?"

"To the bathroom. Are you going to follow me there too? Because I really don't want you staring at me while I take a shower." I laughed.

"Ugh! Be ready in half an hour! Or I'm gonna be dragging you outside no matter how you look!" he snapped and stormed away.

"Perv." I muttered and turned to go into the bathroom.

"I heard that!" Pete yelled.

"Love you too sunshine!!" I yelled back and laughed into the bathroom.

Hair done. Make-up done. Teeth clean. Outfits laid out in front of me. Now I only need an idea of what I'm actually supposed to be doing today to decide which one. With my towel wrapped around me I wandered over to my door and swung it open to shout down to Patrick. But instead Pete was stood there glaring at me. Again.

"You know I'm really starting to get sick of seeing you stood in my doorway Mr Wentz. Would it hurt for you to smile for once too? I've seen more smiles at a funeral!" I shook my head and stepped back, inviting him into my room.

"You're supposed to be ready!" he snapped and strolled in.

"Well I almost am. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be ready for. So I don't know what to wear." I replied shaking my head.

"Does it matter? No-one's going to be focusing on you anyway."

"Well they might if I wear the right thing."

At this he turned around and finally noticed what I was wearing. His eye's quickly returned to my face and he frowned.

"You know you're only in a towel right?" he asked uncomfortably.

"Yep. You barged in before I could ask Pattacake what I should be dressing for. What's up Pete? Never seen a girl nearly naked?" I mocked.

He scowled at me and turned his back.

"Of course I have. We're going to a concert. An Punk/Alternative based concert. So dress appropriately." he said.

"Are you not going to leave?"

"I'll stand outside. Hurry up!" he complained and left my room.

I can't say I wasn't excited. I was more than excited. I knew exactly which outfit I was going to wear. I smiled to myself and decided to get changed.

I opened my door to find Pete there still. This time with his back to my door. Silly boy. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to face me. I smiled and did a twirl as his eyes widened slightly.

"So what do you think?" I laughed.

I was wearing a corset I had picked up. It was black with acrylic bones, ribbon lacing and lace trim. Black bows lined the bottom of it and there was black ribbon in a bow at the top. The skirt I had chosen was shorter at the front then it was at the back. It was knee length with a train. It was black ruffled. Elegant yet beautiful. Finally the shoes. The most important part of any outfit. These shoes were Irregular Choice. They were called Aphrodite and were black with white polka dots. The toe was a sandal like style, open toed with straps and a strappy back. They were perfect. I was perfect. This outfit was enough to make any boy drop dead.

"Heels to a concert? Shouldn't you reconsider?" he stated.

My heart sank and I scowled at him.

"Well we'll just have to go see what the others think won't we blood sucker." I said and skipped passed him, down the stairs and into the front room where the lads were based. I coughed and they turned around.

"Whoa!" they all said in unison.

"See! That's the kind of reaction I was looking for Peter!" I laughed and did a mock bow.

"Unlike these lot I happen to like girls who don't dress like whores." he replied from the doorway.

"Excuse me but I do not dress like a whore. This isn't whore-like. Have you been in your coffin for that long that you don't know anything about fashion?" I snapped.

"Lets just go. We're going to be late." he replied.

"Fashionably so." I laughed and ran to the front door.

"Someone's excited." Andy stated.

"Of course I am. It's the first time I've been out of the house without having to be bait for vampires in a while! Now lets go!!"

Patrick and Joe jumped in the car. It was a Mitusbishi L200 Animal Warrior Doublecab. It was beautiful and man could it roar. I slid in the back between Andy and Pete. I made a quick mental note of what we were all wearing, you never know when you'll have to talk to the Police about a missing person when vampires are involved, and we set off.

We pulled up at a club called House Of Blues. It was then that I noticed the guys had brought they're stuff. Joe has his guitar, Pete had his bass, Patrick had his guitar and Andy's drums were even in there. I frowned and followed them round to the back of the truck.

"What's going off? Selling your stuff?" I asked.

"Nope. Guess again." Joe said playfully.

"Lending it to the band?" I tried again.

"Oooh so close." Joe replied.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I hated having to guess over and over again.

"Come on just tell me." I complained.

"We are the band genius." Pete said his voice dripping with a patronising tone.

"Seriously?!?!" I yelled.

"Yep. How cool is that!!!???" Joe said and high fived me.

"So cool! So am I here to help you set up or something?" I asked, unsure as to why I had to come along.

"Nope. You're here to watch us play." Andy said.

"But. Why are we here so early? It's 4:30pm. Shouldn't Pete be burning by now?" I inquired, lowering my voice slightly.

"Nah. He's got his sun tan lotion on. And it's pretty over cast today so he's all good." Andy replied.

"Okay fine. But how come we're here so early?"

"Sound checks, set up and chillaxing time." Andy answered and winked at me.

"But... What am I going to do?"

"I don't know. Buy some band merchandise? Help set things up? Keep out of our way?" Pete snapped.

"If you didn't want me here you should have left me at home!" I replied angrily.

"Oh yeah like we could trust you at home alone!" he yelled back.

"Hey! It's nothing like that! We thought it'd be good for you to have a night out for a change. A safe night out. Where you can relax. We know how stressful these past few weeks have been." Patrick said with a smile.

"Thanks Patrick. I appreciate it." I replied and helped Andy carry his drum kit inside. Damn these things were heavy.

On stage it was a completely different thing. There were guys everywhere getting ready for the concert. It was huge!! I was stood at the front of the stage waiting for the guy to signal. When he did I had to say some things into the microphone. It was so cool! The guys were finishing setting up behind me. We had another hour before people started coming in and so we were just adding the final touches to everything now and making sure it was all good and working. The guy signalled.

"One. Two. Test. Test. One. One. Two. Test."

He held up his hand. I stopped. He held up his index finger. I leaned forward.

"Came back with flags on coffins and said we won, oh we won!" I sang into the microphone.

The first time I had to do that it was super embarrassing. Like majorly so. But then Patrick smiled at me and said I was good so it's been easier since then. I still refuse to sing in front of anyone else though.

I looked at the programme taped to the stage in front of me.

1. I Don't Care.
2. A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More Touch Me.
3. Alpha Dog.
4. From Now On We're Enemies.
5. She's My Winona.
6. Hum Hallelujah.
7. Golden.
8. 20 Dollar Nose Bleed.
Interlude
9. Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?
10. Pretty In Punk
11. 7 Minutes In Heaven.
12. Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year.
13. Thanks For The Memories.
14. Dance Dance
15. This Aint A Scene
16. Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying.


The guys were going to have a busy night.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Corset- http://www.corsets-uk.com/a3000-black-corset-top.html
The Skirt- http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-1051/Elegant-Gothic-Aristocrat-Tiered/Detail
The Shoes- http://www.irregularchoice.com/shop/womens/product/4714/aphrodite.html?offset=10

Here's the next chapter. I know nothing really happens. But I was gonna do the concert in this chapter too but it'll be too long. So you get this and in the next you get the concert. After the concert there's going to be some Dandie action and Sunday shall be taking control for a few Chapters. Getting close to the big end. But I'm having more ideas so it's being put off for a while. :P
Anyway. Check out the outfit please.

Comment, Recommend, Subscribe.

DO WHAT YA DO PEOPLES!! - Emily. xx