20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Reason.

We were backstage in the guys' changing rooms in under thirty seconds. He placed me carefully on the couch and began to pace. It was obvious he was waiting for the others. He didn't make eye contact with me at all. What was only a minute felt like a lifetime but the guys eventually came rushing into the dressing room, grinning and laughing like silly little boys on Christmas Eve. Joe sprawled out on the couch next to me, exhausted, while Andy took a seat in the swivel arm chair.

I stayed silent. I'd let Pete make the first move before I ripped into him. I wanted to see how he'd try to explain himself. Patrick opened the mini fridge and threw Pete a bottle of shake. Then he came back and stood next to Pete, looking between us both. I could almost taste the awkwardness.

It was Joe who broke the silence.

"So. Who's going to tell us what was going off back there then?" he asked. He leaned forward in his chair. I could feel his excitement washing over me.

I looked at Pete. He swallowed the last of his shake, screwed the lid on and threw it to the bin. It went in.

"I gave the crowd what they wanted. Something to remember." he stated as if it was no big deal.

"Is that it?" Joe pressed.

"Yeah. What else would it be?" Pete continued.

"So there's nothing going off between you two then?" Andy asked.

"Ha! No. No way." Pete laughed.

"Are you sure? It sure looked like something." Patrick said, concern plastered on his face.

"Positive. Now can we please go home? It's twelve thirty and I'm shattered." Pete said calmly.

"Alright then." Patrick concluded.

The guys began to move.

That was it? That was his big explanation?! I scowled at him and stood up.

"Excuse me but would you mind explaining just what went off back there?!" I yelled.

"I just said. Weren't you-" Pete began.

"Not that! The thing with Aaron!" I cut him off.

"Who's Aaron?" Patrick asked.

"Some guy who was bothering her." Pete said waving his hand in dismissal.

"No! He was a nice guy who was flirting with me until you came over and threatened him!" I snapped.

"You threatened him?!" Patrick demanding, turning on Pete.

"No I-" Pete began.

"Dude! Did you get jealous?!" Joe cut in.

"No. I just saw him talking to her and didn't like the look of him so I went over to check him out during the interlude." Pete protested.

"Then why did you give me your jacket?" I asked and realised I was still wearing it.

"You looked cold. I was trying to be nice." he snapped.

"Fine. Then why did you kiss me?" I countered.

The room went silent. Joe, Andy and Patrick's jaw was hanging open. This time Patrick broke the silence.

"You kissed her?!" Patrick yelled.

"Dude. You were so jealous!" Joe laughed.

"I wasn't!" Pete snapped.

"Then why do it?" Andy asked, leaning forward.

"I don't know... I just got a bad feeling from him and had to put him off of her. That was the only way I could think of that would work." he huffed.

"You didn't need to. He was already pretty convinced there was something going off between us thanks to you." I spat.

"What else did he do?" Andy asked.

"He wouldn't stop watching me! He just kept staring at me throughout the whole concert! But at least you made your point, eh Pete? Whatever the hell that is!!" I screamed at him and felt the tears spring to my eyes.

"Why can't you just let me have fun for once?" I asked passed the lump in my throat.

Pete just stood there speechless.

"And you called me pathetic." I said, letting the tears roll down my cheeks, and left the room.

Patrick was frowning as I passed him but none of them made a move to stop me. I needed time to cool off. I called a cab to come get me and gave the driver directions as to where to drop me off. It stopped on the road near the woods. The hideout was three miles into the trees and there was a road to it hidden but I didn't want the taxi driver to know where the hideout was. Just in case.

"Doesn't look very safe love. Sure you got the right place?" the taxi driver asked, looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yes thank you. I'm meeting a friend. Camping trip. She's got the stuff." I lied and handed him twenty dollars. "Keep the change."

I got out of the taxi and waited for it to leave. I had tipped him six dollars but he had kept to himself mostly so he deserved it. They can be too chatty sometimes.

I set off walking through the trees. It would take me fifty minutes at least to get back. The woods were pitch black but there was enough light for me to see what was in front of me. I got caught on a branch and realised I was still wearing Pete's hoodie. I ripped it off of my and threw it as far away from me as possible.

"You DICK!!!!" I screamed into the nothingness around me and ran forward, the tears streaming freely down my face.

I hate him. He has ruined my life one too many times and now I can't even have a social life without him getting involved. He had been nice when I first met him. He actually cared. Now he just wants me gone. I stopped and sunk to my knees. I missed my sister. I missed my family. I missed my life.

"Want some help?" a familiar voice asked from behind me.

"Go away Sunday." I snapped.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong and definitely not until I see you smiled." she replied, sitting on the ground next to me.

Her face scrunched up tight.

"It's all wet and dirty down here! Can't we sit in a tree?" she complained.

"I'm not dressed for climbing trees Sunday." I stated.

"No. But I am. Here, hold on." Sunday grinned.

I wrapped my arms around her and she stood up propelling us into the nearest tree, close to the top. She placed me on a sturdy branch and sat beside me.

"That's better. Now. What's got you crying?" she asked watching me carefully.

"It doesn't matter. I'm just being silly." I said wiping my eyes.

"Don't be stupid. Tell me." she pressed.

"It's Pete..." I trailed off.

"What?! What has he done? Did he hurt you? Oh I'm so going to rip his throat out and feed it him when I see him next." she growled, grabbed my shoulders and looking me over.

"No. He didn't hurt me. He's just getting on my nerves." I said pushing her off gently.

"Why? What has he done?" she said sounding a little disappointed.

I sighed and explained everything to her. She nodded and frowned as I went along and by the time I was finished she looked ready to kill him.

"What does he think he's doing messing with you like that? Do you want me to have a word with him?" she asked looking around quickly.

"That would involve them knowing you were here. And finding out where the hideout is." I stated.

"Oh that old warehouse kind of thing back there? Honey I've known about that since you all moved here." she waved her hand in dismissal.

I stared at her with my jaw hanging open.

"Stop your worrying! I haven't told Beckett. I just like to keep an eye on my sister. Even if we are on opposite teams." she smiled and winked at me.

I shut my mouth and blinked.

"You've known this whole time?" I asked.

"Yep."

"And you've not told Beckett?"

"Nope."

"Whoa."

I didn't believe it was possible, but here was my Sister being more human then ever. It almost made me want to cry. But I didn't. I'm stronger than that.

"I don't have to tell him everything you know and I'm not going to risk the safety of my sister just so he can get a one up on the Hunters." she laughed waving a hand.

"I just thought... Because of how close you are... I..." I didn't really know what to say without sounding like a complete jerk.

"I know I know. We are pretty close to be fair. He's the one that turned me. But that has nothing to do with it. I love him Wednesday. With all my heart I love him. But that doesn't mean I don't love you and want you to stay alive. So if I have to go against him to save you I will."

"Th-thank you." I stammered, surprised by her outburst of emotions. I shivered slightly and rubbed my arms wishing I had worn more than this damned corset.

"Here. I thought you might need this." she said and held out a hoodie. Pete's hoodie.

I smiled slightly and took it. I still hated him but it wasn't from him. It was from my sister.

"Thanks. Who knew looking good could be so cold?" I laughed and slid the hoodie on.

"That's the price you gotta pay baby! But let me just say, you look rocking chick! So awesome. It makes me so proud." she laughed and wiped a fake tear from her eye.

It was nice to sit up here, just the two of us, as if nothing had changed. Like she wasn't a vampire and I wasn't a human. Like she wasn't a Dandie trying to kill the Hunters which I was part of. Like it was how it should be. My thoughts and nostalgia were interrupted by a sigh from her.

"I have to get going. Beckett wants me back by two and I've got quite a trek. But I'm going to walk you home first." she stated and grabbed me, dropping us safely to the floor.

"That's really not a good idea." I started to protest.

"I won't hear any of it. Patrick and the others will be fine with me. Pete... Well I can take Pete. It's about time someone spoke to him about how he's treating you." she laughed, holding up a hand to stop me from protesting any more.

It wasn't long before we were at the Hideout. Mainly because she had carried me back using her vampire speed and strength but also because we weren't too far from the place. She plonked me on the front door step and knocked on the door. I turned to face her and smiled.

"Thank you for cheering me up Sunday. I miss you. I really do." I said and went to hug her but she held up her hand again.

"Ah-ah-ah. None of that just yet. I want to make sure you get in Okay before I say goodbye." she said seriously.

"But. The guys will see you! We may even have to move again. Then you won't be able to look after me." I said hurriedly. I could hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"You think I can't find you again? I found you here. You're my sister. It doesn't matter if they make you move. I am not going to let you go that easily." she laughed.

I opened my mouth to complain but the door opened, revealing a very worried looking Patrick.

"Oh hey Patrick! I found her crying on the floor in those woods there and thought I'd bring her back home safely for you. You've probably been worried sick." Sunday said cheerfully.
Patrick frowned at her and narrowed his eyes.

"What were you doing in there in the first place?" he asked suspiciously.

"I've known about this place since you moved. I'm not letting my sister go somewhere with four boys, one of which treats her like crap, who are on Beckett's 'To Kill' list and not keep an eye on her am I? How stupid do you think I am?" she laughed.

"Does Beckett know?" he snapped. I had never seen him this angry.

"Nope. As I explained to Wednesday, I'm not going to endanger my sister just so he can get a one up on you. I may be a Dandie but I'm not heartless Rickster." she said and winked at him before turning to me.

"Go on. Go inside it's cold. I'll see you soon okay?" she asked and hugged me tight.

"Okay. Real soon." I replied and hugged her back. I missed her already.

"Good. Now I'll see you around." she said and pushed me inside.

I padded down the hall, smiling at Patrick as I left him at the door and sighed. It had been a long night.

"Patrick. We're not paying to heat the whole woods you-" Pete stopped dead in his tracks in the hall in front of me. But it wasn't me who had stopped him. He was staring passed me, straight at Sunday.

"Pete listen-" I began.

"Guys! Code red!!! Get Wednesday now!" he screamed and ran towards Patrick. Then Andy and Joe came and took me away before I could say anything more on the matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've been updating on this one a lot recently but that's because I've wanted to get it finished. Not much more to go now I think. But we'll see. I could get a sudden burst of inspiration.

There's going to be a sequel I think. But I need two new characters. Both vampires. One male, the other female. And I want you to come up with them. I need:
Age
Height
Eye Colour
Hair Colour
Name (first and last, middle if you want)
Hair style
Personality
Major Features

Send me them in a PM please. Thanks guys.

Comment, Subscribe, Recommend. Love ya! - Emily.