20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Plan.

"Okay guys, listen up! In less than six hours we will be facing hundreds of extremely hungry, horribly vicious vampires who would all just love to kill us. So here's what we're going to do. We all need to stick together and watch each others back because as soon as one of us goes the rest of us are soon to follow. Together we are strong. Alone we will die. Everyone got that?!" Patrick said from his place in front of the television.

"Mortem est adventum." Pete muttered in Latin.

"Oh how optimistic." I snapped at him.

"What?" Joe asked, clearly confused.

"It was Latin. He obviously didn't think anyone else would understand it. But I do. He basically just said 'Death is coming'. He doesn't think we'll last." I explained, shooting a glare at Pete.

"Well sorry for being more realistic than you. There's going to be loads of them. More than we alone can handle. Four humans and a vampire. Up against hundreds of vampires. Bloodthirsty vampires. Stop being so stupid and realise that we're probably not going to make it." Pete growled.

"Arrogant pr-"

"Wednesday!" Andy warned.

"Sorry." I looked to the ground. I hate how Pete makes me act. Stupid boy.

"Look. I'm not all too happy that you're even here never mind that you're insisting on coming to fight with us. So I suggest you shut up before I take you away from here myself." Pete snarled at me.

"Even if you did I'd just come back." I stated.

"I could take you miles away, covering a distance that would take you hours to cover in a matter of minutes. I could drop you off and be back here within the hour if I wanted." Pete laughed.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about! You two need to stop hating each other and work together because if you don't we're going to die. All of us. So stop. Now." Patrick snapped.

We were all on edge. This was going to be the biggest fight of our life. And, yes, the chances are we were going to lose. But I understood what Patrick was saying. Mine and Pete's fighting won't be giving the others much optimism and we can't afford to lose any hope at the moment. Not now. Not when we're so close.

"I don't hate her." Pete stated.

We all turned to look at him, shock plastered on each of our faces.

"I just want her safe." he said and looked at me, his gaze locked on mine before turning back to Patrick while I blushed furiously.

"So, what's the plan? You always have a plan." Pete said, a hint of desperation floating through his words like tiny butterflies playing between the flowers in a meadow.

"Well actually, most of it was Wednesday's idea. So... Do you want to have the honours?" Patrick asked and held out a hand, gesturing for me to take the floor.

"Definitely. Come on guys. I've got something to show you!" I shouted and ran off to the basement.

I knew they would all follow and it would give me a couple of extra minutes to make sure I have everything I needed. I chose a knife to demonstrate with. It was what I was best at after all. I turned to smile as the others came in, Patrick shutting the door behind them all as he nodded at me to begin.

"So. It's quite simple really. I just took the formula you were using to make the Silver Nitrate and... modified it. But now it's more powerful and there definitely won't be any survivors after this is used. Do you want to see?" I asked, holding the knife behind my back.

"Hell yeah!" Joe shouted and threw a fist up in the air.

I chuckled darkly, knowing exactly what was about to happen, and bowed to them all.

"As you wish."

I took three steps to the right, towards them, and positioned myself. I narrowed my eyes at the dummy as I prepared to throw. I took a deep breath in and held it, steadying myself carefully.

One....

I made sure my feet were firmly planted.

Two...

Everything had to be perfect. It had to work.

THREE

I launched the knife at the dummy and struck it straight in the head before stepping backwards, out of range.

"Oooh wow. You managed to do an attack which isn't lethal to a dummy that isn't even moving. Seriously. I'm impressed." Pete snapped. "What a waste of time."

But I wasn't worried. I had been counting down this entire time and, if I had calculated correctly, the mixture was due to explode juuuussssttt abbbbooouuuutttt............ now.

BOOM

The dummies head exploded outwards, taking half of it's body with it. Chunks were flying everywhere, in flames as they hit the ground and fizzled. I turned to the stunned faces and took a bow. Even Pete looked impressed.

"So... what was that about it being a none lethal attack, Pete? Cause that looks pretty lethal to me sweetie. Not even your 'tough' body could withstand my little formula." I said, empathising the word "tough" and making him scowl.

"Wait! If that stuff explodes as it oxidises... How do you know it's not going to explode on us?" Andy asked skeptically.

"Well the sheaths as to which we carry our weapons have been coated in a reagent which works with the chemical to stop it from reacting until needed. That was more complicated than altering the original formula if I'm honest, but it didn't take long. So as long as they're not out of their sheaths they're completely safe to us." I explained.

"And how long do we have once they have been removed?" Andy questioned further.

"You've got a minute before it blows." I answered.

"That's long enough for them to remove it and throw it back." Pete stated.

"No. You're missing the point. Once the solution comes into contact with something other than it's sheath the particles are activated and the reaction happens within five seconds. They won't even have time to raise their hand before they're blown to space." I said casually, checking a finger nail. They needed painting again.

"Then why don't we just throw grenades full of this stuff on them from outside the battle and blow them all sky high?" Joe asked.

Patrick laughed and shook his head. I merely smirked.

"It doesn't work like that. Remember, for the formula to activate it needs to oxidise. Which means the molecules in the solution need to react with Oxygen from the air. If they're in a small container then the air isn't going to be able to get in. Plus I can't protect us from it if air could get to it. The grenades would either be covered in the blocking solution, making them harmless, or they would blow us up before we got there." I explained. Joe just shrugged and turned away.

"There's one more thing." Patrick said cautiously.

"And what would that be?" Pete snapped.

"If in range, the explosion has the potential to kill us all too. Which is why you all need to be careful when using these." Patrick stated.

"But. I have developed a spray which can act as a shield against the formula but only for a short amount of time. And it won't protect you from the burns. Only from the formula spreading onto you." I countered.

"When did you become so smart?" Joe asked playfully and ruffled my hair.

"Erm. I think it was about five minutes ago." I replied and winked at him.

"Well that's all fine and dandy but we need to leave in four and a half hours." Pete said.

"It doesn't take half an hour to drive there." I stated.

"It does when you've got a load of weapons to carry." Pete said.

"No. That still doesn't take half an hour to drive. It take twenty minutes to load the stuff up max then ten minutes to drive." I replied.

"You don't have to be such a smart ass you know." Pete spat.

"Well one of us has to be Pete, and it's definitely not going to be you." I hissed.

"Seriously you two! You're like a married couple." Joe complained.

"Don't make me laugh." I countered.

"You know what Wednesday? I give up." Pete said and left the room in a huff.

I looked to the other three guys.

"Anyone care to explain what just happened?" I asked.

"Maybe he just got tired?" Andy said.

"Speaking of which we should all go grab a nap. We'll need to be wide awake for this one. So go. You can sleep for three and a half hours. Then you need to be up and ready to go. Wednesday? Is there anything else that needs sorting with the weapons?" Patrick asked.

"Nope. They're all sheathed and ready." I replied happily.

"Okay. Let's go everyone. We've got a tough one ahead of us."

* * *

As soon as I was in my room I flopped onto my bed. I set the alarm to go off in three hours and shut my eyes. Of course I was scared. We all were. But so would anyone in my situation. In fact any normal person probably wouldn't have made it this far. But I haven't exactly had the most normal life to begin with.

Parents murder. Twin sister a vampire. Living with four vampire hunters. One of whom is, himself, a vampire. And now I get to face my twin in a battle to the death which I'll probably lose.

But where's the fun without the risk?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah. I had the flu. So didn't update cause I was basically dying. But guess what?

TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!!!!!!!

I know I probably said that last chapter but I've had to add another. Hope this is okay for you all. :) 3:20am here. Should probably go to sleep haha.

Comment
Subscribe
Recommend.

Night guys!!! - Emily xx