20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Battle.

We were ready. The weapons were packed. We were fully equipped. I had my little secret weapon hidden. Tonight I would test it out. But the guys couldn't know until I was sure. I would like to say that after all of this I wasn't the least bit scared. But then I would be lying. The truth is I was terrified. I was sliding in a box of stakes, each in their own little sheath, when Pete came over.

"Now's not the time for fear Wednesday." he stated.

It was a bit late for that.

"How did you know?" I asked, refusing to look at him.

"Vampire senses. I can get rid of that for you if you want?" he asked and looked me dead in the eyes.

"What?" I said, finding no way to avoid his gaze.

"The fear. It'll slow you down. I can remove it. If you want that is. It won't hurt or anything. I've done it before to others." he said and looked around.

"And just how to you go about doing that?" I snapped, giving the box one last shove and placing a hand on my hip in annoyance.

"I can get rid of memories, feelings and thoughts in just a matter of seconds. Don't act all high and mighty. How do you think we get pizza delivered? We can't have anyone knowing where we are. That'd just be stupid." he laughed.

"So why the hell did you get so angry at Sunday when she said she knew?! Why didn't you just get rid of her memories?" I growled.

"Doesn't work on other vampires. Duh." Pete said and waved a hand.

"Well no. I don't want you to. It helps me feel human. But maybe you've forgotten how." I said and turned to walk away.

I felt bad for what I had just said. Pete didn't deserve that no matter how much of a dick he is sometimes. It wasn't his fault he was a Vampire and we all knew how much he hated it. But I wasn't going to take it back. It's about time someone treated him how he treated everyone else. I turned to face him as I continued walking. Walking backwards was easier than expected.

"Oh and Pete?"

"What?" he spat. I deserved that.

"If I ever find out you've done that little memory wipe thing to me. I'll stake you myself." I warned and walked over to Patrick.

"That's the last box Patrick. We ready?" I asked.

He looked down to his list and flicked through.

"Have you got the normal stakes too?" he asked.

"Yep. And the normal knives. Just in case."

We had the normal ones just in case any Vampire got too close and we couldn't get away. Those explosions are lethal to anyone. Vampire or not.

"Okay then. I think that's everything. Guys? You ready??" he asked raising his voice for everyone to hear.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." Andy said and looked to Joe.

"Let's go kick some bloodsucker ass!" Joe screamed and threw his fist into the air. "Erm... No offence man." he quickly added and shot a look at Pete.

"Just get in the car." he growled.

"What's up with him?" Patrick asked.

"I may have gotten him slightly annoyed and accidentally insulted him for something that isn't technically his fault." I said and looked to the floor, twisting a foot.

"Wednesday! Can you not try to get along with him?!" Patrick demanded.

"Hey! He was the one who offered to wipe my emotions. That's out of order." I defended.

"He's done it to all of us. It helps us concentrate. Keeps you more focussed!!" Patrick said.

"Oopsie." I stated and climbed into the back with Joe and Andy.

Patrick slid into the drivers side next to Pete. Pete didn't even look at him. He just stared out of the window. I actually felt pretty bad now but before I could apologise Patrick had started the car and we were away.

Here we go.

It was strange to think that this could possibly be the last time that I saw this old warehouse. The last time I would be with the four guys who had saved my life. It made me sad. But I couldn't be sad. Not now. I couldn't feel anything. If I did and one of the guys got hurt because of me I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I was beginning to regret turning down Pete's offer. But it was too late.

Ten minutes later and we were here. In fact we were the only ones here.

"This is strange." I noted.

It was nine at night. It was getting dark. The perfect time for the vampires to be out. So where were they?

"Come on. Let's set up. Remember, whoever has a clear shot at Beckett take it." Patrick said and we all rushed out of the car to gather our stuff.

I had just finished loading all of my pockets with stakes and knives and stashing a load of weapons around the town centre. Abandoned car, fountains, hedges, anything we could find which would hide the just how many weapons we had.

Patrick had already gone. He had stationed himself in one of the abandoned buildings with his crossbow. He had his arrows and his stakes. Some dipped in formula. Some normal. He'd join us when he ran out of ammo but he was strongest up there. I spotted Pete and ran over to him, pulling him aside.

"Look Pete. I really am sorry about what I said earlier. It wasn't fair of me to pick on you for something that isn't your fault. I just freaked out a little bit when you said you could wipe memories. It made me question if anything I remembered was true or just something that you had planted there. I mean you can't just say that to a girl without-"

"Wednesday shut up." Pete stated.

I looked to the floor.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

I didn't blame him for not forgiving me. I had been a nasty little so and so to him and there wasn't any reason for him not to be mad at me. After all we haven't exactly gotten on since I came here. I felt a hand lift my chin and I was forced to look Pete in the eyes.

"Look. It's alright. I don't blame you for what you said. I haven't exactly been the best person to be around and for some reason I've taken a hell of a lot of stuff out on you. Even when I tried to be nice I managed to mess that up. But yeah. Don't worry about it. Who knows, maybe after all this crap is sorted out we could be friends? If we survive that is." he laughed.

I was so relieved and happy. I pulled him into a hug much to my own and his surprise. But he quickly soften and patted my back gently.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his shirt and let him go before skipping off to take my place.

Maybe things were looking up.

"Well someone seems a little too happy in the given circumstances." a familiar voice said from behind me.

I spun around and held out a stake.

"Beckett. Where's your army? You're too much of a coward to come alone." I spat.

William Beckett laughed and shook his head.

"Oh they're here, don't you worry. Nice to see you haven't lost any of your spirit. It will be a shame to waste such ferocity. You'll make a nice Vampire." he stated.

"Bite me." I hissed.

"All in due time, my love. But right now I have more important things to deal with."

And with that he was gone. It was then I realised that we were surrounded. My jaw dropped. There were more than we expected. All the clans were here. The Punk's. The Gangster's. The Latino's. The Goth's. The Dandies. All of them. Here. To kill us. My eyes swept the crowd, desperately searching for Beckett. The vampires were slowly pushing us together but we expected this. This was normal.

Just a few more steps and then we strike.

I needed to find Beckett. I carried on looking around but couldn't see him. This was taking too long. My eyes scanned the ever advancing group of deadly vampires. Not him. Nope. Not him. Not him. No. Not him. GOT HIM.

Beckett was sat on top of a car parked at the very edge. This gave him a vantage point to see everything that was happening and enough room to react if anything was threatening him. As I watching he took of one of his gloves and dangled it teasingly in the air in front of him. All the vampires stopped to look at him. I didn't waste any time.

"Pete! The car! HE'S ON TOP OF THE CAR!" I screamed and pointed. Pete followed my finger, saw him and nodded.

I pulled out 6 knives, placing one between each of my fingers on both hands. Joe and Andy were behind me. We were in a circle, big enough for us all to move freely, but not big enough that the enemy were pushed for space. I shot one last glance at my guys before looking back at Beckett. This ended tonight.

He dropped his glove. Suddenly the whole swarm of bloodsuckers screamed and ran forward. It was unnerving. It was scary. Like a battle cry. I could hear my ear drums vibrating as the sound waves bounced off of the surrounding buildings and back to me. I almost dropped my knives.

I watched as a group of them ran towards me, waiting for exactly the right moment. When that moment came I threw my hands forward, letting go of the small daggers. Each one struck a different Vampire in the heart. Six bodies dropped. Twenty more replaced each and every one of them.

It wasn't long before I couldn't see any of the others. We had been separated but so far I had heard no cries. None from any humans anyway. So, for now, they were safe. I just had to focus on myself.

There were ten surrounding me right now. I turned slowly, meeting each one in the eye. None were Sunday or Brendon. I shut my eyes and sighed. I reached into my coat and pulled out two stakes. These were tipped with the normal Silver Nitrate. Deadly but not explosive. They would wait for now.

One of the little nippers rushed me but I downed him before he could get any closer. I walked over to his body and ripped out the stake. Punk.

"Okay, let's get this over with." I sighed, addressing the remaining vampires.

They all rushed towards me, none waiting for their own turn, not wanting to give me a chance of being able to survive. But it was no problem. The nine dropped within a matter of seconds. There was a small scratch on my forearm. My jacket was ruined.

"Stupid vampires." I hissed.

"STOP!!!!" someone screamed.

Everyone halted and turned towards the voice. There was a guy stood on top of one of the lamp posts. He looked like a Punk. Or a Goth. But he was definitely not a Dandie. I glanced over to wear Beckett had been. He was still there but now leaning against some dead vampires body as an arm rest.

"It's about time we have a new leader! The Dandie's have been walking around like they own the place for too long. It's about time we all had a go! Who's to say they're better than us? Just because they wear a suit! But now our chance. Kill the Hunters! Kill the Dandies! Kill the Hunters! Kill the Dandies! Kill the Hunters! Kill the Dandies!" the strange bloke chanted.

I laughed, despite myself. I couldn't believe he would think anyone would actually go along with this. Stupid man. But, much to my disbelief, there were others chanting along with him. Quite a few actually.

"Let's go!" the bloke screamed and launched himself off of the lamp post into the crowd.

As I looked around I saw that the Vampires weren't just going for us anymore. They were fighting the Dandies as well. I saw one get pulled apart, limb by limb, right in front of me.

"Oh God." I said in horror.

I had to get to Pete.

I set off running towards the area where Pete had been, staking and dodging any vampire who tried to kill me, but I didn't make it. About half way there a huge group of non-Dandies stopped me. They all surrounded me, growling, snarling and hissing. I knew what their intention was. I also knew that there were too many for just me. But I couldn't pull the guys away from where they were. I stepped forward and took out three, formula coated, stakes. Now was as good a time as any to show off my new toys.

"I thought I told you not to come here." a voice hissed in my ear.

I spun around, aiming a stake at the person's heart, but they caught my arm.

"That's no way to greet your sister." Sunday stated.

"Sunday!" I exclaimed and pulled her to me.

"No time for that!" Sunday said and pushed me behind her. She broke the neck of a Gangster who had been trying to kill me and dropped him to the floor.

"Come on then. Show us those Hunter skills Wednesday!" she said, dropping another guy to the floor.

"Don't rush her. We're in as much trouble as she is here!" Brendon said from my right.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, honestly confused.

"You looked in trouble. Decided we'd come and help. We could do with sticking together." Brendon stated and shrugged.

"Funny how things turn out really." Sunday laughed.

"Duck!" I shouted and threw one of my daggers, tucking the three formula stakes back into my pocket. They could wait.

The dagger struck, what looked like a Goth, in the head and she fell into Sunday, blood splattering her waistcoat.

"Aww man! This was my favourite waistcoat! But good shot." Sunday complained.

"Thanks. Now... We should get to work." I stated.

Brendon and Sunday nodded and turned their back to me. We were in a triangle formation dropping anyone who came in range. We could leave none of them alive. Sunday even killed a couple of Dandies. But what can I say? They were trying to kill us.

We were horribly outnumbered but I still hadn't used my secret weapon or the formula. I couldn't for now. There were too many people I could harm who didn't deserve it here. As the swarm pressed closer, forcing us further and further together, I took a moment to look around me. I was stood with two people who cared about me. Two vampires on the opposite team who had both come to help me. I smiled. I ducked and stepped to the right just as a Latino swung his fist at me. I didn't wait and kicked him to the floor before throwing a stake.

It was as he hit the floor I realised my mistake. I'd thrown the wrong stake. And this one was due to explode.

"RUN!!!!!" I screamed at Brendon and Sunday.

They did as I said without a question. I went to follow them but wasn't fast enough. The Latino exploded, sending flaming chunks of flesh everywhere and spreading the formula in a radius of four vampires. Unfortunately the flames hit me too.

I screamed and fell to the floor, desperately trying to put out the flames, but with no success. I rolled and rolled but it had no effect. The flames burnt holes in my clothes and singed my body. I cried and screamed but no-one took any notice. But why would they? There are too many things going on to notice one girl on the floor.

Suddenly the singeing stopped, although the blistering pain was still there, and I was lifted my some unknown strength.

"Please. Just make it quick." I begged.

"Wrong Vampire, sorry." a familiar voice chuckled.

I opened my eyes and looked up.

"Pete?!" I exclaimed and looked around.

"Yep. Sorry to disappoint." he stated.

"How did you put out the flames?" I asked as he carried me away.

"With my hands."

"But aren't they burnt?!" I said, worry layering my vocal tones.

"Yeah. But I couldn't just let you die." he said and looked to the side as a Vampire fell at his feet.

"How come they're not attacking you?!" I looked around quickly.

"I have a bit of help." he said bitterly.

"We can let you deal with all of these if you want." Brendon said, I could hear the hatred in his voice.

"Brendon?!" I exclaimed and winced slightly at the pain.

"Hey! Don't leave me outta this one!" Sunday chimed in.

"How?" I asked looking back up at Pete.

"They came and got me."

"And Joe and Andy?" I asked, completely worried about the two guys.

"Actually enjoying themselves. They've made it into a contest. They've got cover from Patrick anyway."

I half laughed, half coughed. They were like children. If only this was as easy as the Xbox games. At least then we could re-spawn or start the level again.

We stopped at the fountain and while Brendon and Sunday held them off Pete took a fang and sliced across his wrist. I winced and looked elsewhere. That was icky.

"Sorry but this time you're going to have to take it straight from the source. I'm all out of blackcurrant squash." he laughed to himself. I, on the other hand, didn't find it at all funny.

"Ew. No." I said and wrinkled my nose.

Pete sighed and glared.

"Look, we don't have any time for this. You need your strength. This is the quickest way." he said and held out his wrist. "If you don't take it I'll force you."

"Any time soon guys!" Brendon snapped.

"Fine. What do I do?" I sighed.

"Suck."

I laughed involuntarily. What can I say? I have a dirty mind.

"Not that. Come on! Stop being such a child." he said and held out his wrist.

I took it, hesitantly, and brought it to my mouth. I took one gulp and cringed. It was disgusting. I tried to push it away but he held it there.

"One more." he demanded.

I did as I was told and pushed it away. It wasn't that the blood tasted horrible. It was just the idea of doing it. But his blood kicked in quick and I was up and ready to fight within ten seconds.

We were all up and fighting but they were still pressing close. I sighed and pulled out a little pouch, punching a Vampire in the face as Pete staked her.

"Guys. I need you to get behind me." I said calmly and poured some of the powder into my hand.

They moved and stood looking.

"Hey! Vamps! Look at this!!" I said treating them like children. Surprisingly it worked.

I waved my hand back and forward as their eyes followed it.

"Now... Watch this." I said and blew the sparkling powder in their direction.

I waited for a couple of minutes, letting the powder drift in the wind towards them. I could see just how far it had gone as it shimmered in the light like glitter.

"Now for a flash of light." I stated, almost as if going threw the process, step by step.

I pulled out a normal dagger and threw it at the nearest lamp post making the light bulb explode and a flash of light shook the air. Within the millisecond the air erupted into flames, where the powder had been, taking the Vampires with it.

I smiled to myself. It worked.

Pete's POV

As I stood there with Brendon and Sunday as Wednesday blew a handful of glitter onto the transfixed Vampires I realised two things. One, I hated these two with a passion but they had helped me save Wednesday so maybe they weren't so bad. Two, Wednesday sure was clever and knew how to take care of herself.

I didn't understand what happened next. There was a flash and then there was a blanket of flames as Wednesday brushed her hand down on her trousers. But whatever it was worked. At least fifty vampires dropped to the floor, dying painfully. I was impressed.

"What is it with you and fire tonight?" I asked Wednesday as she turned to face us.

"I just thought they looked a bit cold?" she replied innocently.

"Fine. I'll ask the obvious question. What was that stuff?" Brendon asked quickly.

"Magnesium powder." Wednesday stated, glancing to him briefly.

"Does it only work on Vampires?" he pressed.

"Nope. But if I ever find out you're using it you'll find out just how much it hurts. Got that?" she growled.

I grinned. There were more Vampires but none dared come close for a while. We could have a break for now.

"So how does it work?" I asked her.

"Well did you see the flash?" she asked. We all nodded.

"Well. That flash of light ignites the particles, causing them to combust into flames. It's how people used to take pictures with a flash in the olden days. Although they just used to use a little button that ignites it. I had to take a step forward. Usually it would only create the light but I needed the light to sort it." she explained and stepped towards me.

"Can you see Beckett?" she asked quietly.

"Why do you want to know where he is?" Sunday asked quickly. Damn she was good.

"To make sure none of the other gangs have gotten to him." I cut in. Wednesday wasn't a brilliant liar. Especially when it came to her sister.

"Oh you're right! Brendon we need to get to him and fast." Sunday said. Brendon nodded and turned to us.

"It's been a pleasure killing with you... Not so much with you Pete." he stated.

"Same to you Urie." I replied and put a hand on Wednesday's shoulder protectively. He noticed the gesture and nodded.

"I'll see you around."

They were gone before I could blink. I removed my hand from her shoulder and she turned to look at me. My blood was making her feel good. It was almost like caffeine. I could see it in her eyes and hear her heart beat. It was racing.

"So. What now?" she asked and looked around.

"You go find Joe and Andy. I go find Beckett." I stated.

"And what about when I've got them?" she asked, folding her arms across her chest. She wasn't happy. Again.

"Fine. Then you can come and find me. Although if you get in the way I'll kill you myself." I sighed.

"Good!" Wednesday beamed. "I'll be there within a flash."

"Speaking of flashes. Have you got anymore of that powder?" I asked her before she ran away.

"Yeah loads. Why? Do you want some?" she asked and fished in her pocket for another satchel.

"Nope. Just wanted to make sure you'd be safe without me." I said quietly.

"Don't worry! Now go! Kick some Beckett butt!" she laughed and I turned to run away.

"Oh and Pete? Keep your hands off of my sister."

I laughed as I ran away from her. Who knows? Maybe we could be friends after this. If we survive.

Wednesday's POV

I watched Pete as he ran away and turned in the opposite direction to head for where Joe should be. I knew Andy would be with him and as I saw a stake whizz through the air, over my head, from Patrick's direction my guesses were confirmed.

I managed to stake my way through the crowd of snapping Vampires and was shocked by what I found. Neither of them had a single scratch on them! In fact they were both stood there laughing as they staked, hacked and chopped at anything that came too close.

"Ah! A wild Vampire has appeared!" Andy shouted and pointed in front of Joe.

Joe thrust his stake into the Vampires chest.

"Joe used Stake!" he announced before stepping back and watching the Vamp crumble to the floor.

"It was super effective! Vampire fainted!" Andy laughed.

"Nice to see you two are having fun." I said and winked at them.

"Wednesday!" they both said in unison.

"Glad to see you're still alive." Andy said.

"I'm guessing you had something to do with that flame cloud over there?" Joe asked and gestured to where I had just come from.

"Yep. Now. We gotta go help Pete. So lets make this game mobile!" I laughed and sped away. Joe and Andy followed but I stopped and turned around.

"Almost forgot." I said and took out three knives. I threw one to my right, one straight down the middle and one to the left.

"What was that for?" Andy asked.

"Might as well bring out the explosions." I said as three vampires exploded, taking a big lump of the others with them.

The two guys smiled and unsheathed a few weapons, throwing them as we cut through the crowd. There were less around now which meant we could cut through without having to push ourselves against the masses of killing going off around us. But we sometimes had to cut in. As we ran we left a trail of explosions and when we got to Pete I couldn't believe my eyes.

Pete was on his knees with his head bowed. Beckett had one foot on him, a silver tipped stake held to Pete's throat.

"You should know by now that I will always win Wentz. No matter what. I am your Master. Your Maker. And nothing will ever change that!" he screamed and brought the stake up. But I was quicker.

I set off running towards them and threw a normal dagger at a vampires knee making him fall onto all fours. I used his back to launch myself into the air and threw a silver dagger towards Beckett. This one wasn't set to explode. It hit him straight in the right shoulder and I landed less than twenty feet away. I could see it burning as he turned towards me.

"Ouch. That hurt. Haven't you learnt not to interfere little girl? Maybe I should remind you what happens." Beckett growled and started walking towards me.

"No! I will not let you hurt her!!" Pete screamed and ran towards him. Beckett only had time to turn before Pete had plunged a stake into his heart, taking him to the ground and staring at him as he died.

"Now who won?" Pete spat as Beckett took his last breath.

Pete stood up and rushed towards me, worry plastered on his face.

"Are you okay? Please. Tell me you're okay?" he blubbered and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm fine Pete. What's gotten into you?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Look Wednesday there's something I have to tell you." Pete said and looked me dead in the eye. "I think I-"

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

We all turned to see Sunday crouched near Beckett's deflated form. The sorrow in her eyes was almost unbearable. She pulled his body up to hers, desperately hugging at him and trying to get him to wake up.

"No. No. No. NO!" she roared. "Who did this?!" she screamed and sniffed at the stake. All eyes were on her now.

She snapped her gaze up at Pete and snarled.

"You! You did this! You bastard! How could you! I'm going to kill you for this!" she screamed and ripped the stake out of Beckett's chest before rushing towards us.

Pete didn't have any more weapons. Sunday was too fast.

"NO!" I shouted and pulled Pete behind me, sticking my arm out in the direction of Sunday's oncoming form, and braced myself.

But nothing came.

Nothing happened.

When I opened my eyes I saw why. The stake I had been holding was now sticking out of Sunday's chest. My eyes widened as she dropped to her knees. I grabbed her and pulled her onto me.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Sunday! Talk to me!" I cried.

"Your fault. You did this. You-" she coughed and blood splattered across her face.

"No, Sunday. I didn't mean to. I didn't know!" I screamed as the tears rushed out of my eyes, racing to see who could fall off of my chin first.

"Your fault." she said and shut her eyes, her chest deflating slightly.

"Sunday? No! You can't die! You're the only thing I have left! Sunday?! PLEASE. Sunday! Wake up! No!" I cried, knowing it was too late.

The town square was silent. All fighting had stopped. Everyone just stood and looked at us.

"Someone! Help her! HELP HER! She can't die! She won't die! Pete? Save her! Please. Please Pete. Please!" I screeched.

He came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Wednesday. There's nothing I can do... She's gone."

"No! She can't be! Pete. Please! What will I do without her! How will I manage to go on. She was the only thing I have left. No! There has to be something!" I sobbed but I knew she was gone.

I looked around and spotted Brendon. His face was as hard as stone. I held out my hand towards him but he turned away.

"The boss is dead. This fight is over. Let's go!" he ordered and everyone began to leave slowly.

It was over.

Beckett was dead.

My twin sister was dead.

Dead.

Gone.

And I had killed her.

I turned to Pete who was looking at me with too much sorrow in his eyes for me to bare.

"Pete. Make me forget. I want to forget it all."
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Here's the second to last chapter. And Jesus Christ is this long. But I couldn't make it into two chapters. There was no where I could stop it. But here it is. Finally.

I'll update with the final chapter soon. Hope you all liked it. Sorry if you did.

Comment
Recommend
Subscribe.

Night- Emily. xx