20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The End.

Pete's POV

I just stared at her. She was hurting so much and there was nothing I could do. That was until she asked me to make her forget everything.

I could do it. I knew I could. I could wipe everything from her memory. Everything about us. Everything about Vampires. Everything about me. I could replace her memories with happy ones. Tell her that her parents had died in a car crash when the roads were slippery but that everything was okay. Something like that. But the truth was I didn't want to. I couldn't do it.

I felt a hand grip my shirt and looked down as she pulled me towards her. Her mouth was next to my ear. I could feel her hot breath and smell her tears.

"Please..." she whispered.

It was the most heartbreaking thing ever. I could barely hold myself together. But I nodded and waved the guys over. They understood and all said their goodbyes. I'm pretty sure I saw Joe cry. But who could blame him.

I made Wednesday let go of Sunday's limp body. It would be more difficult to forge happy memories if she had a physical connection with a bad one. I carried her about ten feet away and laid her down with her head in my lap while I stroked her hair. She had stopped crying but I could tell that her heart was breaking.

I started to hum the first thing that popped into my head. It was a lullaby that my Mother would hum to me when I was a child. It always made me feel better but right now it just made me more sad. I shut my eyes, squeezing them tight, as I began to whisper to her, telling her of her new memories as I extracted and replaced her old ones.

"You won't remember anything about us or about vampires. Your Mum, Dad and sister all died in a car crash on the way home one day. It was a rainy day, the car lost control, they were killed instantly. There was no suffering. But you're okay. You don't feel sad anymore because you know that they are happy."

I felt her shift slightly and opened my eyes. She was smiling with her eyes shut. She lifted her hand and took my free hand into hers, giving it a slight squeeze to tell me to continue. I never stopped stroking her hair.

"You will have no memory of us at all. Joe. Andy. Patrick... Me. You won't have known us except for remembering that you had heard our music before. You spent six months touring the world, visiting a load of different places with nothing but your memories to satisfy you. Rome. Greece. Hawaii. England. Wales. Japan. Everywhere. You met a lot of wonderful people. You had fun. You were happy."

I could feel the lump in my throat as she relaxed. I pressed on knowing that this was for the best.

"There never was a Brendon. There never was a William. There never was a huge fight. You didn't save me. You had a short relationship with a boy in Wales. But you both decided it would be best to move on. You will be happy. You will live your life how you intended. You will fall in love. You will have a loving family. You will die at a good age. Because that's what you deserve."

I felt the tears spring to my eyes.

"You won't remember me. You won't remember anything I've said to you. But it's important you know. I'm sorry I was such a dick to you. I'm sorry I was so insensitive. Everything I tried just turned out wrong. I wish I could show you... I wish it had been different. I'm... I'm sorry-"

The tears rolled down my cheek and fell off onto her forehead before I could stop them. Wednesday's forehead wrinkled as she frowned and she looked up at me.

"Don't be sad Pete. I don't want you to be sad. You have to remember me. I want you to remember only good memories. You deserve better. You're not a monster. Don't worry about me," she said giving a sad smile. "I'll be fine. You've made sure of that."

I looked away from her. I couldn't bear it. My heart was breaking with every word.

I loved her and I couldn't tell her. I reached into her mind and began removing the threads of tonight's memory. I got to the last one.

"I love you too." Wednesday said, leaned forward and kissed me.

The thread snapped. Wednesday collapsed. She was out. Her memories would be forming themselves right now. It was too late. Everything we could of had is gone.

Patrick came towards me and grabbed my shoulder while Joe and Andy lifted her to the car. I stayed, slumped on the floor and began to cry. It was over. She was gone.

Wednesday's POV

Forgetting is a lot like dying. Peaceful.

You suddenly remember everything that had been tucked away in the back of your mind as it is brought forward and destroyed.

But I wasn't scared. Why would I be?

This is what I wanted.

I closed my eyes and sighed, a smile playing on my lips.

Death had come for me.

* * *

I woke up in a white room with a banging headache and instantly snapped my eyes shut. I lifted a hand to my head but felt a dull tug. Cracking one eye open I noticed an IV sticking out of my hand. I tried to sit up but only managed to prop myself up on my elbows. Some sort of alarm went off and a nurse rushed in.

"Oh sweetie! You're awake." the nurse bubbled.

"Where am I?" I asked politely.

"In a hospital dear." she stated.

"May I ask why?" I continued.

"The Doctor will be in shortly. He will explain everything better than I can." she replied, smiled and left.

She was right. He did come shortly after she had left. He stood at the foot of my bed and checked a chart. I frowned slightly and stared at him.

"Hello Miss Addams. Do you know why you are here?" he asked.

I didn't like him.

"Call me Wednesday and no I do not." I stated bluntly.

"Well you were hit by a car and suffered a nasty bump to the head. You have a concussion and may experience some memory loss." he said.

"Okay. When can I go home?" I asked.

"We'll need to keep you over night." he replied.

"Oh. How long was I out?"

"Two days Miss Addams."

"Oh... Okay then." I said. I was concerned but the Doctor seemed to have everything handled.

"Erm... Sorry to interrupt but the nurse told me that she was awake." a guy said from the door.

I looked over to him. He had straight black hair and hazel eyes. His black and pink t-shirt showed off his tattooed arms. I blinked. I had the strangest feeling I had met him before.

"Oh yes. Come in. Wednesday this is the man that brought you in." the Doctor stated.

"And also the guy that hit you." the man said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I'll be back later to run some tests." the Doctor said and left quickly.

"Great." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Not good with Doctors?" the guy asked.

"Not good with driving without hitting anyone?" I replied.

He laughed and held out his hand.

"My name's Pete. It's a pleasure to meet you." he said, smiling.

"Wednesday. So. Why are you here Pete?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I felt bad about hitting you and had to stay around to make sure that you were okay. And so I could apologise." he explained.

"Well here I am..." I stated bluntly.

"Erm yeah... Sorry about hitting you with my car." he said and rubbed the back of his neck again.

"Don't worry about it. How's the car?" I asked and looked around the room for something to mess with.

"It's got a girl sized dint in it but it'll be fine. How's the body?" he replied.

I smirked.

"Achy but it'll be fine."

"Good. What are you doing?" he asked as I began looking quicker.

"I'm bored." I stated.

"Sorry I can't keep you amused." he laughed and reached into his bag, pulling out a rubix cube and handing it me. "Here."

"Thank you." I stated and started to play.

"I also bought you this," he said, handing me a bar of Galaxy chocolate. "Your favourite." he said and placed it on the bed side table.

I eyed him cautiously.

"How did you know it was my favourite?" I asked.

But he just shrugged.

"Lucky guess."

"Fine. Then answer me this Pete. Why do I get the strangest feeling that we have met before?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes.

"I guess I just have one of those faces." he replied and stretched.

I wasn't satisfied but a nurse came in before I could question him further.

"Visiting hours are over Mr Wentz." she stated and glared at him.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop by to see you tomorrow Wednesday. Have a nice night." he said and waved.

"See ya Pete." I replied and watched him leave.

The nurse drew my curtains and shut the door behind her. The clock said 8:30.

* * *

When I woke up Pete was already here, sitting in the chair beside my bed.

"How long have you been there?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"About an hour." he replied.

"Stalker."

This caused him to laugh and he pushed himself up out of the chair.

"Come on. The Doctor says you can go home." he said and threw some clothes onto my bed.

I looked at them.

"How did you know my size and style?" I asked warily.

"You're size in on your file and your style was easy enough to guess."

Lie.

I let it slide.

"Fine. But go out. I need to change." I stated and he left the room laughing.

I stood up and noticed that my IV was gone. They must have taken it out last night. I ran a finger over the plaster gently and looked around. No-one would be able to see me. I started to get dressed. When I was done I opened the door to find Pete stood outside with his back to me. This seemed familiar but I let it slide.

"Ehem." I said, clearing my throat.

Pete turned and smiled.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Why are you here?" I said, ignoring his question.

"Because I felt it's my responsibility to take you home after hitting you. Got to make sure you don't get hit again." he laughed.

This still seemed odd but I let it go.

"Fine. But just this once. No stalking me after." I stated and pointed a finger at him.

"Wouldn't dream of it." he laughed and led me down the hall to the reception office.

"Hi. My name's Wednesday Addams. I'm supposed to sign out today?" I said sweetly.

The receptionist looked up at me and smiled sweetly.

"Oh yes. Of course, sugar. Just sign at the bottom of this form please." she said and handed me a clipboard.

I looked at it, signed it and handed it back. She smiled again.

"Thank you. Glad you're better. Goodbye." she said and I waved.

Pete took my outside to the car park. There was a black SUV parked in the space near the door. We walked to it. I frowned.

"It looks fine to me." I said and blinked.

"This is my room mates car. Stop being so suspicious." he laughed and opened my door.

"Fine... Thank you." I said as I climbed in.

He ran around the back and climbed in the drivers side. He turned to look at me and I just frowned.

"What?" I snapped.

"Well I need to know where you live... I can't drive there otherwise. Duh." Pete said and rolled his eyes, grinning at me.

"Oh yeah... Well since you already know so much about me I thought you'd know." I stated and he laughed.

"Nope not this time sorry."

"Pfft and you call yourself a stalker. Fine I live at 2630 Ellis Avenue." I said and he set off driving.

The car journey was silent as we listened to music. They played a band called Fall Out Boy a lot. I liked them. They had some very unique stuff. It wasn't long before we were outside my house. I turned to look at Pete and he looked sad.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

The sadness in his eyes was quickly covered by a fake happiness.

"Nope. Nothing at all. Need help getting in?" he asked.

Liar.

"Nah I think I can manage walking to my own door without getting run over. Thanks for everything!" I said and waved as I got out of his car.

I turned to smile at him as he set off.

"See you around Wednesday!" Pete shouted.

"Creep!" I replied.

"I heard that!"

"Good! Go stalk some other girl!" I yelled and started laughing.

I turned to walk up to my house and shook my head, smiling. This had been one hell of a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it. I'm sorry. You're all gonna hate that ending. But I had to end it like that. I just had to!

There is going to be a sequel but not yet! I'm gonna make you wait for a bit muwahaha. Will Wednesday be in it? Not telling. Will Pete find who he loves? Not telling. What happened to Brendon? Not telling. :D Cause I'm evil.

This is the Lullaby that Pete hums.

Stick around kids. The sequel will be called "From Now On We're Enemies.". I love it already! :)

Thanks for reading.

Comment,
Recommend.
No point in you subscribing.

See you around kids!!! -Emily.