20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Rude Awakening.

I opened my eyes to find myself in my room. I had no idea what had happened or how I had got here. The only thing I did remember was that my parents were dead. Grief racked my body and I curled up in my bed, wrapping the covers around me.

I started sobbing quietly at first but then found myself losing control and it wasn't soon until I went into full blown sobbing and snotting. The thought of being on my own for god knows how long is soooo appealing... not.

My head snapped up when I felt a hand on my leg. There was a boy sat on the end of my bed looking rather concerned. A boy I had never met before in my life. In my house.
I took a moment to take him in. He looked around 5 foot 7, had dark, black hair, hazel eyes, with eyeliner rimming them perfectly, was definitely no older than 22 and looked, in a way, odd. Flawless even. There wasn't a spot, blemish or freckle on this boy.

Now I know what you're thinking. How is it that she can stay so calm when there is a strange boy, whom she has never met, sat at the end of her bed with his hand resting on her leg? Well I didn't. That moment I took to look at him was about a millisecond. After that I screamed. Loud.

The boy panicked and lifted his hand off, backing away with his hands held up in surrender.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Don't scream. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry."he repeated when he hit my wall.

I ran out of breath and stopped to draw in another. It was then that three other lads came into my room looking worried. I screamed again. The boy, okay, man, slammed his hands over his ears and looked frantically to the others.

"Patrick! Make her stop!!" he yelled as loud as he could.

The boy, with long, blond/brown hair, glasses and a hat, stepped to my bed. Sitting next to me he looked me directly in the eye, put his hands on my shoulders and smiled.

"Hey there. I don't suppose you could stop screaming for me could you? There's no need to be alarmed. Let me explain."

I could stop screaming. Long enough to draw in another breath. I backed away from him as quickly as possible, despite his best attempts to grab me, and apparently forgot about the end of my bed. I carried on screaming for the short drop to the floor. Except I didn't hit the floor. I found myself rising slowly as if being carried.

When I opened my eyes I found I was correct. The boy who was sat on my bed when I woke up was looking down at me and walking out of the room. I looked around his side to see the others following us. I realised I had stopped screaming and opened my mouth to continue doing so but then stopped. I didn't feel scared. Deep down I knew there was no need to be. The only thing I felt now was hungry.

I coughed slightly and the boy looked down at me again.

"Yes?" he said raising an eyebrow.

"Can we go to the kitchen? I'm hungry." I said quietly, not trusting my voice to hold.

"Certainly." he smiled, obviously relieved I wasn't going to scream again.

"Erm. In fact?" I started.

"Yes?"

"Can I walk on my own?" I felt stupid being carried.

"Not without support." he stated.

"And where would that be?" I asked.

He put me down and held out his arm.

"Right here." he said and grabbed me as I tried to step forward on my own but ended up tumbling.

I grabbed onto his arm gratefully and felt my other arm being held up. I turned to see who it was only to be greeted by a guy with longish, straight, brown hair, glasses and lots and lots of tattoos. I smiled and we made our way to kitchen where I was plonked down onto a chair while "Patrick" whisked off to the fridge to make me something.

I was sat between tattoo guy and a guy with curly hair while Mr Flawless sat across from us. A look of concern crossed his face again and I frowned.

"Ermmm... What are you guys actually doing in my house?" I asked matter of factually. After all it was a strange thing to happen.

"You don't remember?" curly asked from beside me.

"She will do. She's just in shock. It sometimes causes memory loss. Give her time Joe." Patrick said from over the stove. It looked like he was cooking eggs.

"What should I remember?" I asked, again frowning.

"How about you tell us what you do remember and I'll tell you what you've missed out." Joe said leaning towards me smiling.

I sighed and shut my eyes.

"I remember my sister being missing for a few months now. I remember going to Arizona for Christmas with my parents. I remember getting there and finding them dead-"

Suddenly it was like my brain had opened. I remembered everything of that night. The vampire, the chase, me almost dying, Brendon.

"Oh my God. Brendon!" I yelled and jumped up from my chair.

I hobbled across to the stairs and started pulling myself up them despite the searing pain coming from my right leg.

"Told you she'd remember." Patrick said smugly from the kitchen.

"But who's Brendon?" tattoo boy asked.

I was almost half way up the stairs when I was lifted off my feet and carried up. I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"I can walk! I don't like being picked up all the time. I've not one of those handbag dogs you know." I snapped and found myself being placed on the floor. I went to speed away as quickly as I could but found someones hand slip under my arm pit.

"Let. Me. Go!" I yelled and ripped free of him.

Hobbling into Sunday's room I went through her bag before finding the card William Beckett had given her. I then retreated to the phone in the hall way and dialed the number, placing the card down on the table.

It rung three times before someone answered. He sounded annoyed.

"Yes? What is it?" he snapped.

Maybe this wasn't the best time.

"Erm. Is this William Beckett?" I stumbled.

"Duh." he said sarcastically.

"Hi it's Wednesday. We met in the pet shop a while back. You spoke more to my sister Sunday."

Suddenly his tone changed and I could almost hear him smiling.

"Ah Wednesday. It's wonderful to hear from you. So sorry for your loss." he said happily.

Finally wandering out of my sister's room the guy who had been carrying me wandered into the hall and picked up the card off of the table. His eye's widened and he leaned to take the phone off me. I glared at him and turned away.

"Patrick! Guys! Come here please." he yelled down the stairs and I could hear footsteps running up.

"Thank you. Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you had Brendon's number?" I asked sheepishly.

I swear I heard him grin.

"Actually he's here right now. Would you like me to put him on?" he asked. Non of the previous anger and annoyance was there now.

"Yes please." I replied and waited as he went to get him.

"What is it?" Patrick said running over to eyeliner boy who gave him the card.

"Hello?" a voice said over the phone.

I was almost too busy eying the guys, who were staring at the card like it was a bomb about to explode, to notice.

"Oh hi. Brendon?" I rushed worried he'd hang up.

"Yes?" he said obviously not remembering who I was.

"Hi. It's Wednesday. From the pet shop?"

"Oh hi! I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Sunday was a great girl." he said with a tone of remorse.

"Yeah she was. Anyway. I was ringing to ask about last night."

Meanwhile Patrick had begun stepping towards me slowly. I raised an eyebrow at him and gripped the phone tighter.

"What do you mean?" his voice changed, harsher.

"Erm. Well I was visiting my parents and I swear I saw you there." I edged around the full truth, just in case it was actually a dream.

"What do you remember?" he asked in that same harsh tone. Something told me it wasn't a dream.

"All of it up to the point where I fainted. How did you escape from that guy? He was a vampire!" I said a little too loudly into the phone.

"Wednesday is it? Give me the phone Wednesday. Please." Patrick said walking towards me like I was a scared, vicious dog.

"Who was that?" Brendon's voice came from over the phone.

"Oh I don't know. Just some guys. I think they brought me home." I said honestly.

"Give me the phone Wednesday." Patrick repeated.

He snatched the phone from me but I still heard Brendon say:

"Stay where you are Wednesday. I'm coming to get you."

The dial tone rang out from the ear piece. He had hung up. I was suddenly very scared of the four boys stood in my house and by the looks of it they knew it too.

"Patrick. We need to get her out of here. Now." Joe said from behind him.

"I know we do. Now Wednesday, don't be alarmed, it's just a slight scratch." he said.

I frowned and opened my mouth to ask just what the hell he was talking about but a needle was pushed into my neck. I quickly felt very sleepy and fell to the ground. Straight into Mr Flawless' arms. Again.

Great. Just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys. Can I have some comments please? I'd like to know how I'm doing. Thankkss.