‹ Prequel: Separated
Status: Active Updates May be Slow, I'm Sorry

I Need You

Hale

I woke up and groaned. Everything sounded to loud; the rustling of the sheets, Raine's breathing... It also felt like someone was taking an axe to my brain, slowly trying to chop me in half. But they were obviously getting nowhere.

"Raine stop breathing it hurts!" I whined.

"If you do it I'll do it." Raine groaned back.

"Never. Drinking. Again." Rory groaned from the opposite side room.

"What I don't understand is how we managed to consume so much alcohol in a little less than a half an hour." Luca said. I like his voice, it was pretty.

"I don't remember anything." Raine sat and sat up. When he finally was sitting vertically he groaned and fell back on to the pillows.

"I'm gonna barf." Rory said and rolled over a little bit. The sound of movement sent a jab of pain in my head.

"Barf somewhere else 'cause I'm not leaving this bed today, and I don't plan on sleeping in puke." I tilted my head up a little to see how Rory and Luca were laying. I gave up on that and ended up laying back down again. It was actually quite peaceful, mostly because we were all hungover and didn't want to make a sound due to the fact that it would hurt. I almost thought I would be able to sleep it off until there was a knock at the door. We all groaned at the same time and no one dared stand up to get the door.

"Maybe if we groaned loud enough we could get Zeke to open it for us." Rory said. "He seemed very sober when he drove us here last night. But that's all I remember..." So we all started groaning louder and louder. After about the 3rd time Zeke opened the door of the room he was sleeping in, opened the front door, grabbed a basket, and set it down right inside the room. I wanted badly to see what was in the basket but Zeke disappeared in the bathroom. There was little yips coming from the basket...So it was something alive.

"Hit the snooze on your phone." Rory, groaned.

"It snot a phone." Raine slurred. "It's the basket." Then Zeke emerged from the bathroom with water and Tylenol for all of us. We took it greedily; swallowing the pills as fast as we could. Then Zeke went back over to the basket and started reading.

"Dear Hale. Here is that puppy you wanted last night. For that 'lonely friend' of yours. If you don't remember because you were really drunk... Tough nuts, I'm not taking him back." He paused. "Really Hale, really?"

"Shh you're so loud." Rory groaned.

"I'm sorry, Zeke. Being drunk is stupid. Never again." I said and all the others agreed. Then the Tylenol kicked in, rather quickly at that, and we all passed out.

**


I woke up about two hours later. I felt a lot better but my stomach was still in a little bit of a funk. I would have woke up earlier but there was a dog licking my face. I tried to swat it away but I missed. So I settled for words.

"Go away!" I groaned.

"Zeus!" Zeke said sternly. The puppy jumped off my face and ran over to where the voice had come from. Wait how was it already trained so well? I pushed that thought aside and pushed myself up into a sitting position. I stretched and rubbed my eyes. I finally got a glimpse of this so called Zeus and he was adorable.

"Awe!" I said and clasped my hands by my face. "He's so adorable, I want to hold him!"

"Zeus, go see see Hale. Got it? Hale." Zeke said my name slowly. The puppy seemed to look around the room and then charged full speed towards me. Then he made a giant leap to try and get out of the bed. I lunged to catch him because he was going to end up hitting the edge of the bed and falling back down. I missed and he hit the bed. When I looked down I found Zeus looking a little disoriented, I picked him up.

"Are you okay?" I snuggled him to my chest and asked him. I felt his little stub of a tail wag and he licked the base of my neck. I giggled. As if in response to my giggle Zeus started whining.

"Whats wrong?" I asked urgently. Zeus wriggled out of my hands and started tugging on the bottom of my shirt.

"He has to go to the bathroom." Zeke said easily. "See watch. Hey, Zeus, do you have to go potty?" Zeus stopped pulling at my shirt and his little ears perked up. Then he ran to the door and walked in a cute little circle. Zeke clipped a little leash to Zeus's purple collar and then just stood there.

"Do you want to take him out?" Zeke offered.

"Yes!" I said excitedly. Then I jumped out of bed, a little too quickly. I staggered towards the door, trying to regain my balance. When I finally did I took the leash from Zeke's hand and lead Zeus outside. Or rather, he lead me. It blew my mind that he was only two hours old. Or did I sleep for longer? Once we got outside I watched as the puppy circled around and squatted to pee. His legs were so little, I loved it!

"Whoa, Raine, man you were awesome and your brother. You guys were great." Some guy said while he walked up toward me.

"Excuse me?" I asked with confusion.

"You know last night?" The guy said again, he seemed less impressed.

"I don't remember anything." I muttered truthfully.

"Oh well you and your brother had a race to see who could empty an entire keg first. I think Hale won, but you guys were really close. I can't believe you managed to do that!"

"What about Rory and Luca?"

"They each drank like 20 drinks, you have livers of steel bro." The guy said then walked away. I pulled at Zeus's leash, he was currently sniffing a flower and sneezing. Then I ran as fast as I could up the stairs. I slammed the door open with a very loud 'crack' sound the others groaned.

"I know what happened last night!" I said. I noticed Zeke stiffen as I unhooked Zeus's leash and he started running towards Zeke until he saw is tail and started chasing his tail I laughed a little.

"You do?" Zeke said stiffly and his voice shot up about twelve octaves.

"Yeah Raine and I had a competition on who could drink an entire keg first. It was apparently really close but I won." I stuck my tongue out at him and climbed in bed to lay beside him.

"Psh, I could have totally won." He said half heatedly. "Maybe they couldn't tell us apart and mixed us up."

"Mm." I said incoherently and snuggled into Raine's back. He turned around in my arms and pressed a kiss to my lips. I smiled into the kiss.

"You're so cute it makes me sick." Rory joked and teased us as he talked to Luca. "Hi." He blushed smiled.

"Hi." Luca answered, smiling back at Rory.

"How are you?" Rory asked, still blushing.

"Happier than anyone else could ever be, 'cause I have you." Luca said that very genuinely and it even made me melt.

"Really?" Rory asked hopefully and Luca nodded then leaned into kiss Rory. I was mesmerized unable to look away. They were just to cute, I may actually barf. But that could just be the remnants of the hangover.

"Alright it is sickeningly cute." Raine agreed. "But I don't care. I love you too much." He smiled at me again and leaned into another kiss, until Zeus jumped between us and we ended up kissing both sides of his face.

"Zeus," I whined. "How did you get up here?"

"He can make it up sometimes, just not all." Zeke informed me. I stroked Zeus's face and scratched behind his ears. He closed his eyes and yawned.

"To much cuteness." Raine said and feigned dying. We all chuckled slightly.

"Let's play a game." Rory offered. So we started playing apples to apples and any other game at our disposal. It was a really lazy day. I suppose starting the day off with a hangover would do that to you...

Maybe tomorrow we would do something more interesting. Or not, you never know, college is like a roller-coaster in the dark. I could have be raped tomorrow, I wouldn't know until it happened though. But maybe I'd just get my books and sit through boring lectures... that sounds about right.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you didn't catch it in the story this is Zeus, he's a cocker spaniel.

I know it isn't the best ch. or the longest I'm really sorry, hopefully there will be something more interesting will happen next ch. :3

Commenters:
sacrilegiousx ~ I gave you a picture :)

Thanks so much for the comments :), officially 50% of my readers subscribed :), I don't count 1 of the readers cause that was me :P, I'm just that lame.

Comment&&Subscribe.

Oh, and-pointless information-I get to see NSN in concert November! I'm so excited!