‹ Prequel: Separated
Status: Active Updates May be Slow, I'm Sorry

I Need You

Zeke

I thought I would make it; or that I'd at least get farther than neighbors yard... But Raine was just so fast. He'd caught up to me in seconds and pin me to the ground. I didn't even try to struggle, there was no way I could get away from Raine's chain like arms. He looked so frail but, in all reality he was so strong.

So I just lied there, try to catch my breath until he asked: "Where were you going?"

"Away, I told you something I shouldn't have. I'm a terrible person. I love people who are already in a couple." I felt the tears trickle down my face. I was repulsed by myself... You're not supposed to fall in love with people who have already found their perfect match it's... it's wrong, grotesque, disgusting, and just plain grody.

"Maybe we could work something out...." I heard Hale say behind us a couple feet. I felt my heart try to leap out of my chest at the promise of hope. But I refused to feel like anything but a monster.

"W-what?" I heard Raine stutter out.

"Well, it's easy to see how attracted we both are to him. I mean the first time he really showed his accent we were practically drooling over him." Hale stated easily. He was so calm all the time, I'm really not sure how he does it. "And besides I'm sure I would have dated him anyway if I hadn't found you, Raine." He said Raine's name with such love that my heart fell back into my stomach. He would never love me like that.

"But won't it be awkward?" Raine said quietly.

"Well we both know about it right?"

"Right."

"We're all turned on by watch two of the others kiss, right?"

"I suppose so...Well at least Zeke was that night I tried to run away." Raine giggled. I felt my face heat up, I thought that had escaped their notice.

"So what's the issue?" Hale asked with arched eyebrows.

"Won't other people think it's... Immoral?"

"Hun, we're gay, twins, and dating.... There isn't much more 'immoral' things we could do at this point." I could almost hear Hale rolling his eyes.

"That is true." Raine said, laughing and stood up off of me. "You're so smart all the time, Hale." Then he ran over to Hale and wrapped his arms around him. It was so dark I could no longer tell which twin was which. None the less I looked at my feet and sat there awkwardly.

This will never work. You can't marry three people. Sure they can love each other, but eventually two of them will have to leave the third behind. I can't take Raine from Hale or Hale from Raine... It's not right.

I know I've wanted this but.... I feel more... dirty than ever. I need a shower...

"I can't..." I said quietly. They both looked at me in disbelief.

"What?" They asked in unison; their voices melding perfectly into one.

"I feel, terrible." I sighed. "It feels... dirty, and I don't like it." Hale just raised an eyebrow at me and then nodded at Raine. They must be using that stupid twin telepathy thing... It gets annoying... They always know what the other is thinking because they are almost the exact same person...

Without warning Raine walked over to me and kissed me. I was shocked and gasped. I sat there for a minute before I actually kissed back. It was... for lack of a better word, amazing. I can't begin to describe it. It was, everything I had ever imagined and more. It was soft and sweet, and loving, even.

However, all too soon it was over. Raine pulled away and smiled. He didn't look guilty at all. I looked at Hale for some sign of jealousy, or anger, but there wasn't any... His smile was almost as large as his brother's.

"You're... um..."I cleared my throat. "You're... Okay with this?"

"It's...weird.." He admitted. "And, I'm not going to lie, I wanted Raine to do it because I thought I might take it better...but I don't know. I'm jealous a little, but not much. But his lips used to belong to me... but it was cute? Or maybe hot? I don't know..." He had a little crease between his eyebrows.

I frowned. "Okay." I muttered. I won't kiss either of them ever again. I don't care how it felt but I refuse. It's not something that's okay.

"No, not like that.... You two just looked so good together and I wanted to be in the action but I couldn't. Do you understand?"

"Uh, sure?" I said hesitantly.

"Of course." Raine said with a smile. He always understands. They always understand each other and I'm left on the outside trying to understand but I'm not them! I don't think like them! I don't have twin telepathy! I can't guess what either of them is thinking!

"Are you okay with this?" Hale asked suddenly. He knew me better than I knew him and it frightened me. If only Hillary hadn't gotten to him first, then I could have learned all about him and I would know everything. But no, I had to get there second, and learning about him was hard. He didn't show emotions at that time. He kept them all bottled up. That's the only reason Hillary stayed around so long. She couldn't get anything bad about him because he never told anyone anything!

But then this long lost twin comes around, just as I was about to crack him and make him spill everything, and does it before I can. Raine just shows up and learns everything about Hale in literally days. I know I was gone for months but, from what his mom told me, they kissed the second night Raine was there.

I always end up last, no matter where I start. I finish at the back of the pack. So I lied.

"Sure, it'll be...interesting." By that I meant I don't want to do this, but for your sake I'll pretend.

Actually I wanted to do this, but I knew nothing good would come of it.All this would end with is heartbreak for me.But, for their sake, I'll will pretend. I'll do what they expect me to and act as if everything is hunky dory. They'll probably think something is off, but they'll have to ignore.

Even if they are, I'm not going to pretend like this is going to magically work out. So that we all can live happily ever after. It's not. It won't ever work out. Even if I want it to.

**

Hale's POV

Zeke said he was up to it, but after being his friend for so long, I can tell by his eyes he's not. He must know that I am going to marry Raine, no matter what. He's a great friend, sure, but Raine means so much to me. There's a different kind of love between Raine and me, and Zeke and me.

But I smiled brightly to convince both of them that this would work. I knew it wouldn't, Zeke knew it wouldn't, but Raine... He's a different story. He only sees the good and happiness in people. That's what I love about him. He feels guilty over the smallest things, and he doesn't realize that I will forgive him for anything. He's just so amazing.

Zeke... He's amazing as a friend. I was always glad to have him, but he'll never be what Raine is to me. Maybe he'll get close... But Raine just takes my breath away.

Anyway, afterward we walked back to the house, feeling no need to go to the party, due to the original reason of going was to get Zeke a boyfriend... Well now he's got two. Raine decided that he would tell Luca and Rory as soon as he walked in the door, which earned him a:

"You're doing what?!" Rory gasped.

"Um... All three of us are dating?" Raine said it like a question.

"Won't it be awkward?" He said again, Luca nodding in agreement beside him. I mean eventually you guys have to choose who to..." He stopped mid-sentence because I was violently shaking my head 'no' at him.

"Oh who cares!" He said, playing it off very well. "You guys are so cute!" He brought us into one big hug. I caught Luca's eyes and I could tell that he was thinking the same thing as me.

"Who will you marry?" He mouthed.

"Raine, always. Nothing can ever change that." I mouthed slowly so he could understand all the syllables. Luca looked deep in thought as he nodded at me.

"It will only hurt Zeke more." He mouthed finally.

"I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah yes, two of the three know this won't work out... Poor Raine, he's so innocent I just want to hug him... And Zeke needs a hug...

But all I can say is: AWE to Hale's whole inner monologue about how it will only be Raine <3. I felt bad for Zeke writing it but I couldn't help but be all D'AWE!

Anyway thanks for commenting:
Princess Mononoke ~ I have noticed a trend in my writing... something big and important always happens in the 4th chapter.... It must be because I'm impatient or get bored with nothing happening... I'm not exactly sure...

forever;yours ~ Thanks for the comment (your first ever on these stories), I really appreciate it; I thrive on comments.. If I get more a lot of comments I try to update faster... 'try' being the operative word.

imperfecktion[/url[ ~ No it's not dead... just slow... extremely slow. I decided to look intelligent and take 2 AP classes AND band... So this trimester I have all four core classes (AP English, AP History, Geometry, and Chemistry) and band... It's sort of a busy schedule.. But I could never just stop writing about my boys! They are my favorite out of most of my characters!! Oh and Luca *swoons* he's so dark and mysterious, and i LOVE it!

Anywhooooo! I have a new story that needs some love...: it's called. [url=http://stories.mibba.com/read/444283/Real-Life-Romeo/] Real Life Romeo
, don't worry my children even though the picture is a knight and a princess, it's a slash :). It's about this new transfer to school who's all handsome and talented (Shane Speare), and this kid who Shane is successfully stalking: Fay, who's real name is Faith because his mom is a terrible horrible person... And he's new to me... He's sort of standoffish, and I'm not used to writing like that...

Anyway you should check it out :) I've only got one subscriber and 0 comments and I'm about to write the 5th chapter D:

Oh shameless advertising, gotta love it!

BYE!