‹ Prequel: Separated
Status: Active Updates May be Slow, I'm Sorry

I Need You

Hale-Raine

*2 Weeks have Passed*

I hugged Raine until he fell asleep and then walked to into Zeke's room. Lately it seemed as if the bed was the only thing that was just Raine and I's. Zeke had intruded into everything, pushing his way into every thought and every action. I couldn't hold Raine like I wanted, or kiss him whenever, I had to be nice to Zeke too. I regret ever letting him in to this.

I thought he understood! At least it seemed like he did that first day-he tried to stay away from Raine and me, but now he just pushes closer. He's the wedge I never intended him to be, and he's driving Raine away from me. Everyday I can see it happening, Raine becomes a little more reserved towards me; his eyes close off a little more whenever he sees me. Soon, he might leave me forever and I... I can't take that. Not now, not ever.

Raine is mine, he was from the beginning, and Zeke needs to understand that. My hands balled into fists and my breathing sped up a little. Just the thought of Raine leaving me for Zeke got me enraged.

"Hale what are you doing here?" Zeke called groggily. I ignored him and shut the door.

"Hale?"

"This needs to stop now." I said curtly.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"You're pushing Raine away from me! Everyday he get's a little bit colder towards me!" I shouted at him. "You will not take Raine from me!"

"I'm not trying t-"

"Oh, don't say it. I can tell you've changed your mind. Ever since last week you been doing everything in your power to come between us!"

"I just want to get closer to hi-"

"I won't let you take him from me!" I felt tears run down my cheeks in spite of myself. "I know I've gotten everything I wanted in life because we're rich, but I don't care! I'd give it all up for him. I'd give up Harvard for him!"

"Maybe he doesn't want you!" Zeke shouted. I froze. "Maybe he wants me,?! Have you ever thought to ask his feelings?! Maybe, he loves me more, and he just feels bad for you!"

I felt his words stab me in the chest, I fell to my knees. My fists clasped at my side, and I tried to catch my breath. How could he say that?

"No." I said quietly, and rose from my kneeling position.

"What?" Zeke asked, he was shaking.

"No!" I said and took a step closer to him. "NO! You are NOT allowed to say that. EVER! I thought you were supposed to be my friend." My arms moved on their own accords and I landed one solid punch on his jaw.

I stood there a minute in shock as I watched him cup his face. I then scrambled to leave the room. I then ran. I ignored that all the others in the dorm were awake and ran. If Zeke was going to have Raine, he could. But I wouldn't be there to see it.

I'm never going back. Ever.

I got in my car, with anger and tears clouding my vision. I peeled out of the parking lot as fast as I could. I wasn't watching closely enough. I was too angry, and I regret it.

When I said I wasn't going back, this is not what I had meant.

**

Raine's POV

I was the last to be awoken by Hale screaming at Zeke, so I only caught the last part before he stormed out of the house.

"No! NO! You are NOT allowed to say that. EVER! I thought you were supposed to be my friend." Hale had shouted. What had Zeke said? How had he become so angry? And why didn't he tell me anything?

I ran immediately to Zeke, I could feel the anger rolling off of me. No one will ever touch my Hale.

"What did you do?" I yelled at him.

"I told him you wanted me, and not him. But he started it! He told me to back off because you were getting 'colder' towards him and he could feel it."

"Why would you say that?" I felt tears coming to my eyes. I felt something in my heart, and I knew Hale wasn't coming back. "he won't come back."

"Yes he will." Zeke tried to place a comforting hand on my shoulder. I swatted it away.

"Don't you dare touch me! You-you... Monster, this is all your fault! Hale never explodes like that, and you know it!" I said while breathing heavily. "He keeps it inside him until he can get revenge. He. Never. Storms. Off. And you just made him! Keep you hands off me!"

I ran out the door and tried to follow Hale. He had a significant head start, but I was determined. I started running toward the parking lot, blindly. Tears clouded my vision, and I had trouble running in a straight line.

"Hale!" I shouted. "Hale answer me."

I found my car, and looked at the empty space next to it, where Hale's matching car should be. I felt sadness bubbling in my chest. I fell to the ground and cried. I would never see him again, all because Zeke is a dick.

I thought I had started to like Zeke, love him even. But not after this. He drove my brother, my first love away and tried to comfort me afterward. As if he had nothing to do with it.

"Zeke you bastard." I muttered under my breath. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I answered it before looking to see who it was.

"Zeke, if this is you. Hide. I'm going to fucking kill you! He's gone. He left and it your fau-"

"Raine." Hale's voice cut me off. I gasped.

"Hale!" Fresh tears welled up in my eyes. "Please. Don't leave. We can stop this stupid thing with Zeke. I hate him for what he said!"

"No, I.. can't come back. You have to be with Zeke." His voice was scratchy.

"Why not?" I sniffled.

"You, don't love me like you did. I can watch it fade in your eyes everyday. You and Zeke are meant to be." He sounded as if he was trying to convince himself.

"No! I love you! I promise. What you saw was a coldness toward Zeke. I promise! "

"Can you just tell me what you were hiding?" Hale asked. I heard him lean away from the phone and cough. "No lies, please."

"Fine, I didn't want to tell you, but. I could see it. You two both thought this three-way thing wouldn't work. But you both played along for my sake. So I played along for your sake but, the guilt ate away at me! That's the truth I promise! I swear on my-wait-your life. Your life means more to me than my own."

"Thanks." His voice was really hoarse. He breaths were choppy, and had no pattern. He was hurt.

"Hale. What happened?" I said with urgency in my voice.

"N-nothing." He gasped in pain.

"Hale...please?" My voice broke.

"I don't know. But it hurts, Raine. Bad." He whimpered. "I-I don't...think I can make it much longer, just... Just tell me once last th-thing." His voice was fading quickly.

"Anything."

"Just say...You love me.... One last time." His voice was just above a whisper and his breaths were coming less frequently.

"I love you Hale! Forever! Don't you ever forget that." I felt silent tears running down my face.

"I...love, you. Raine. And... I'll." He coughed, or vomited, or both, then spoke again. "Always be with you." I started sobbing, but I didn't hang up.

"Stay...w-with me... On the phone." Hale whispered. "Keep talking... It... H-helps me... f-forget." I could here a gurgling noise every time he inhaled, but I tried to ignore that as I told him stories. I told him the happiest memories I had of him and me together. I tried to laugh, and pretended everything was okay. but it wasn't.

I was losing him, and I wasn't even there to see him one last time. I took in a shuddering breath and went to tell him something else, when there was a voice on the phone.

"Hello?" They answered.

"Um.. who is this?" I managed to croak out.

"The paramedics, who is this?" He paused. "And who in the accident were you talking to?"

"I'm Raine, and he's... Hale my twin brother... Will he be okay?" Tears slid down my face, he was going to die like my parents did. "My parents died in a wreck." I admitted for no reason.

"Oh so it's just you two. We'll do all we can." The man said with sympathy.

"No! We have a mom, it's our real mom that he lived with. We were separated at birth. Please call her! I can't do this alone." I shouted across the phone lines.

"Why don't you call and started driving to the hospital. He's in critical condition, and I can't chat much longer, they need me to help. Please don't panic, we're doing our best." With a click the call ended. I jumped in my car and speed dialed our mom.

"Mom!" I cried over the line when she picked up.

"What?" She said with a strained voice.

"You have to get to the hospital now.. Hale.. Hale's..." I couldn't say it. "Zeke and Hale fought.. and...and he drove off... and-" I sobbed.

"I'm on my way." She said and hung up. I called Luca and Rory next, and halfway explained what happened. They could tell Zeke if he asked, but I was not going to talk to him. This was his fault. He's more of a monster now than before.

Hale was dead because of Zeke, and I'll never forgive him for that. Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to stop typing this and walk away. I know it's not that detailed, but I had to try so hard not to cry. God, I hate myself for doing this. Really, truly I do. I'm angry at myself, and crying for Hale, it's not a good combo...

Anyway, hopefully I will update soon, but exams are this week :/.

Check out my new story:
Real Life Romeo

Blah, I realized after I posted this that I didn't thank my commenters, but it's late and I need sleep... But thanks to all of you I really read them! So please comment again!

Comments= My fuel
so
More Comments=Faster updates.