‹ Prequel: Separated
Status: Active Updates May be Slow, I'm Sorry

I Need You

Hale-Raine

I felt Raine press a kiss to my lips and I know he ran out after that. I wanted to run to him, to hold him, to tell him it would be okay. But my body felt so heavy... Blackness consumed my sight and mind. I couldn't move, and I couldn't see anything. But I could hear everything. The tears my mom cried, the foot steps in the hall, the voice, and most of all Raine's scream. My mom sucked in a breathe and her foot steps pounded the hallway.

Leave the door open! I prayed, that way I could hear what happened.

"Doctors!" She screamed. "Someone help!" My heart crashed in my chest. What Raine hurt? What happened?

But I didn't need to ask, I already knew... His depression had kicked in and it's all down hill from there. But this time I can't comfort him. I can't touch his face, I can't hold him tight and convince him he's not worthless. I can't do anything.

All because I didn't watch, I could have seen that truck coming. The memory flashed in front of my eyes like a movie.

Zeke, how could you? I trusted you for all these years, and you say that one thing that will break me. My heart shattered and I couldn't force the picture of Zeke and Raine standing happily at the alter. No worries, no troubles, and no me. I felt my heart break. I pushed the tears back and reached for a CD above my head. Instead a note fell into my lap. It was from Raine. he must have put it there when we got our cars. I don't listen to music that often, and he probably thought that was the perfect spot.

That probably why he had seemed so down that day. Not necessarily depressed, just not as happy as usual. I unfolded it with one hand and began reading it.

Dear Hale <3,
I love you! It's an awesome way to start a letter I know :)! So, we got cars... And our licences... Exciting right? We also have cars! CARS! Can you believe it? Well of course you can because you're rich... Anyway, we have so many possibilities now! We could just hop into our cars and drive into the middle of nowhere! Or we could drive until nighttime and camp out in some random motel until the morning! Wouldn't that be great? Just you and me and the open rode. We could leave our troubles behind us, not forever, just a little while... I'm kidding, we can't do that until we can make a living first. You know after we finish college and get jobs? Or we could do it when you marry me :)! Oh come on you know you want to!! :(

Don't break my hear like that :/... Just kidding again! :P But yeah, I know this is probably weird for you or whatever... But I mean it, I just love you so gosh darn much! I can't imagine life without seeing your stunning face everyday. It hurts my heart just thinking about it! And if you won't do it, maybe I'll propose. But don't tell yourself! I want it to be a surprise! Anyway You probably hate me now :/, but I just thought that you should know... But I did want to tell you that I'll only love you! Not that stoner with colorful hair down the street, or the guy at McDonald's who has a really cute but (you should totally check it out sometime :)!), not even Zeke. I know you love him as a friend, or maybe more, but I would never pick anyone before I picked you! I promise!

But yeah! We have freedom now! FREEDOM! But I still plan to stay curled up on the couch with you. It's the perfect spot just for me! SO! I hope you have a FANTAMARIFIC dayT (See I combined fantastic, amazing, and terrific in one word :D!), because I know I will, but only because I get to spend it all with you! ;)

Forever Love,
Raine <3


I smiled at the note and closed it before my dears made all the words run. I'm so stupid! How could I think he'd ever leave me? Why did I do this? I have to go back! I looked up and was about to find some where to turn but I was blinded by headlights.

I had drifted in the other lane by accident while I read his note. And there's no way I could stop in time. But I still tried. I slammed on the brakes and jerked my wheel to the right, trying to avoid the collision,but I didn't.

"I love you Raine." I said as more tears fell from my eyes. "Forever. I'm so sorry it had to end like this." I felt the impact as the semi rammed into to my car. Next thing I knew my legs were pinned under the wreckage and I had a pounding head ache. I saw my phone laying on the ground a few inches from my face and picked it up.

I had to say goodbye to him. I had to hear his voice just one more time. No matter what I think or want to believe, hail can't live without rain.


**

Raine's POV

Once I woke up a few hours later I found I had been lain in a the bed next to Hale's. He looked just like he was sleeping, or that he was dead. But I heard the beeping of the heart monitor and I was reassured. My depression had caused me to think things that weren't real. It happens sometimes... But not since my parents died.

"Mom?" I croaked. I saw here sitting in the chair across from us.

"Sweet heart! You're alright, you had me worried." She ran up and hugged me.

"Did I hurt anything?" I asked.

"No, but you gave it your best shot. You almost gave yourself a concussion!" She hugged me tight again.

"Can I sing to him?" I asked tentatively. We didn't have any books so I had to improvise.

"Of course. I'm sure he'll appreciate it." She smiled at me. I crawled out of the bed and sat in the chair next to Hale's. I put all my emotions into the song, all the love, the sadness, everything.

"There's so many things that I could say
But I'm sure it would come out all wrong
You've got something that I can't explain
Still I try and try and let you know
The first summer we spent, one will never forget
Looking for any kind of reason to escape all the mess
That we thought was what made us
Ain't it funny now, we can see
We're who we're meant to be

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart

There's too many times I have to say
I could have been better and stronger for you and me
You always make me feel okay
Those late summers we spend stay up talking all night
I'd ask, "You think we'd ever make it?"
You say, "I'm sure, if it's right."
Ain't it funny to think just how stupid I used to be
Hope you always believe

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart

Let them talk and talk and talk
Let them say what they want
We will laugh at the thought; they don't know what we got
Every year that goes by, a year older we are
You'll still be beautiful then, bless your beautiful heart

We'll talk and talk and talk
How crazy is it
Someone could waste their whole life helplessly
Just patiently waiting for a love like you and me
(For a love)

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart."


My voice broke at the very end as tears started free falling from my eyes and I was powerless to stop them. I clutched his hand to my chest and started bawling.

"I've never seen anything like that." The doctor said, sounding amused.

"What?" I sniffled, my cheeks were a glow I hadn't realized so many people were in the room. Luca was there with Rory attached to his side, the secretary, a litter of nurses, the doctor, and in the very back, there was Zeke. I refused to acknowledge him, though.

"Whenever you talk for an extended period of time, or sing, like you just did, his heart speeds up." The doctor started at the monitor.

"What to you mean?" I asked.

"Just say something, maybe something really sweet. You can whisper if you like." the doctor said. "And then listen to the machine's beeps."

I nodded. I leaned close to Hale's ear and whispered. "I love you Hale. So much, it kills me to see you like this. I miss you so much. Your smile, your voice, your laugh. If only I could see it all again." I was sure to listen to the beeps this time and it was true. His heart rate sped up at the sound of my voice.

"He can hear you!" The doctor rejoiced. "He can't show himself but that's proof enough!" I smiled lately and grabbed his hand.

"I'll never leave you."I whispered again. I felt his waxy fingers twitch slightly, but that was it. I wanted hope that it was him and he was waking up. But it was probably just a twitch...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's probably bad and filler-ish but you needed to see Hale's part of the story before...before... D':

I'm trying so hard, to keep him alive for you guys, but I have to sleep sometime! :P I'm cruel, I know!

Comments:
Princess Mononoke ~ Okay! Okay! No need to cut me, with a normal sword, and especially not an Elven sword. (I legitimately but my hands up in a surrendering fashion when I read that!) I'll try not to kill him!

forever;yours ~ Thanks for the happy birthday wish!! And the comment/ essay! Needless to say it did make me smile and laugh! I tried to update quick! Really I did, and I tried to make it look like Hale might come back... And the heart monitor! It's got to mean something, it monitors your hear, were the looooove is! And it seems your sticky tape has worked! Raine has (sort of) gotten over his depression.

It also might be a good idea to keep your organs in your body... It's a 100% proven fact that dying is bad for your health :), and I was actually planning on a chapter where Raine's all like "TAKE MY ORGANS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!" but I decided that putting Hale AND Raine on (potential) deathbeds is a bad idea... And thanks for the compliment on my writing it really helps! I have this issue where my confidence level is like February 30th... It doesn't exist! :P

MusikalRayn ~ Shanks for the bifday wish! And I wish stories could be like that but that would be borrrinnnnggg, perfect, but they'd all the same... And, I know it's twisty, because I wrote it! And I'm twisty like pasta... *Eh-hem* Excuse my lame-ness...

Tylerloveswolf ~ Hey...hey... wait a minute... c-could it be...THIS IS YOUR FIRST COMMENT ON ANY OF MY MY STORY I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! And... You're a 'male'... This is excited because only girls comment on my story! Oh! Don't leave, I didn't mean to scare you off :/! I just having a good day! And, you're new so I would like to welcome you to the story family :)! I'm really not like that, I swear, like I said, I'm in a really good mood for no apparent reason...

Well, now that I'm done embarrassing myself. I'd like to say THANKS! To all of you, I love the comments so much. It's an addiction! And thank you to all of my silent readers/subscribers for sticking with me, even thought a had a HUGE lapse of updates..

Bye! :)