Status: Hey there, this is my favorite story

Lisbeth

Smooch

About an hour later we were wonderfully drunk and sprawled out on the couch. Destery put an arm around me and said, “You’re, you’re my best friend. Let’s be together forever.” I giggled and threw my legs over his lap.
“Dude, totally. I freakin’ love you. So much.” “We should....C’mere.” He tugged me onto his lap so I was facing him. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his neck. Destery pulled me back and held my chin. His eyes were sparkling.
“Lis. Lisbeth. You’re so cute.” I just laughed and pecked his cheek. “You’re cuter.” His voice softened. “Yeah?” I nodded. “Yeah.” He leaned forward and kissed me. Destery’s mouth was soft, and he tasted like whiskey and mint. It was a good combination. He ended the kiss and pressed our foreheads together.
“We should do that again.” “Yeah.” I made out with Destery til the sun rose, and ended up sleeping on the couch, curled against his body.

I woke up to someone breathing in my ear, a warm arm slung across my body. There was a moment of confusion before I remembered what happened. I groaned and sat up, then fell right back down when my head pounded. It hurt worse than the day before.
My noises woke Destery up. There was a hickey just under his ear, and another one where his neck curved into his shoulder. “Lisbeth, what? What happened?” Then his eyes widened. “Christ. Your neck. I’m so sorry!”
“Destery, don’t. Just....I gotta go.” I had no idea where I was going until I sat in my truck, keys in the ignition. As I drove away I saw Destery watching from the doorway, the rain already dripping from his face.