Status: Hey there, this is my favorite story

Lisbeth

End

I drove for a few miles before I stopped, leaning my head against the steering wheel. My stomach was boiling dangerously. I sat for a few seconds, trying to calm down. Eventually I managed that, and sat back in my seat to think.
What was so bad, really, about having kissed Destery? He wasn’t going to tell anyone, and I didn’t particularly care if he did. He was kind, handsome, intelligent, interesting. I felt something for him, admittedly. So why had I been so upset?
I sighed and let my head fall back, wincing. The hangover was beginning to hurt. Maybe that was why. Maybe I’d still been a tad drunk when I woke up. I grimaced, realizing I had to go back and apologize to Destery.
When I got home it was still raining and the lights were off. I hurried inside, shaking the water off my boots. “Destery? You still home?” He popped his head out from the kitchen. His hair was soaked. Droplets sparkled on his nose, on the tips of his eyelashes. Beautiful. Irresistible. I kissed him instead of talking.
It was soft, gentle. It promised a lot of time spent together, companionship, love. Escape from his father. I smiled and pulled away, ignoring his whine of protest. “I’m sorry, Destery. I was, uh, being dramatic. I don’t really mind what happened last night,” I said quietly. He held my eyes for a second and nodded. “Me neither.”
“We could...try. Try at whatever this is.” “I’m not the best at emotions, Lisbeth. And I’ve got a few problems in this town. Are you sure...?” I kissed him again before he could finish. He tasted like coffee. “It doesn’t matter, Destery. Just...go with it.” He relaxed into my touch, stroking his fingers at the small of my back. And for a moment, just a moment, everything was perfect.
END
♠ ♠ ♠
It's the end of my story :)