Status: Hey there, this is my favorite story

Lisbeth

Head Wound

I woke up with someone’s arms around me. “Lisbeth. Lisbeth, talk to me.” Destery was holding me against his chest. There was something warm on my forehead. “I don’t feel good.” I leaned over and vomited on the ground. He didn’t let go.
“Fuck. Lisbeth, why’d you do that?!” “I thought you were going to die.” He wiped blood away from my face and sighed. “I just wanted to go swimming. You should’ve tested the depth before you dove.” “Yeah. I’ll.....I’ll remember that.”

Destery helped me to my feet. My head hurt so badly I thought I would pass out again. I just vomited instead. “Stay with me, Lisbeth. You can do this.” He used his shirt to wrap around my head and carried his shoes out.
“I’m going to call Ronnie, and he’s going to take you to the hospital, okay?” The world was fading in and out of view, but I asked anyway, “Ronnie....my boss? You know ‘im?” My words were a little slurred, but he understood. “I’ll tell you later.”

Ronnie picked up on the first ring. I couldn’t hear his voice, but Destery got right down to business. “Ronnie. It’s Destery. Lisbeth hurt her head. We’re done by the cliffs. Can you bring her to the hospital?” Ronnie answered back and Destery relaxed slightly. “Okay. Okay. Good. Yeah. Thanks. That’s right. Bye.”
Destery put my phone down and turned back to me. “How are you doing?” “There are two of you.” I mumbled. Destery was crouched before me, looking like he desperately wanted to touch me but couldn’t. “It’s going to be okay, Lisbeth. It’s going to be okay. You’ll be fine.”

“Mhm.” He kept talking anxiously until Ronnie came. “Hey, kiddos.” “Ronnie!” Destery stood quickly. “Jesus. You hit your head pretty bad, eh?” Ronnie bent and picked me up easily. The movement made my head ache, and I groaned. “Are you gonna go back to her house?”
Destery nodded and started walking away. The last thing I remembered was Ronnie carrying me up the cliffs and into his car before I passed out again.