Lost Love

Chapter 2: FLashback

The sun began setting as twelve-year-olds Angel and Gerard watched from Angel's colourfully-lit, in-ground pool. Gerard smiled as the pink and purple sky brightened Angel's face, her eyes big and blue.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" Angel asked in her odd, yet attractive accent. It was almost in between an England accent and an Irish one. No-one ever knew why, it just happened.

"It's gorgeous," Gerard said. "The colours look amazing."

Angel looked up and smiled at Gerard. Although he was scared, as well as very hesitant, Gerard knew that this was the best time.

"Angel....you know we've known each other almost since we were born....and now that we're getting older and stuff..."

"Yes?" Angel replied, her blue eyes staring into his brown ones.

"I just....wanted to make you a promise...."

A very confused look crossed Angel's face.

"What kind of promise?"

Gerard looked away for a second in an attempt to hide his blushing face, but quickly looked right back at Angel. He grabbed Angel's hands and held them tightly in his, close to is chest.

"Angel Mylie Montefort, I promise with all my heart and soul that I will do anything to protect you. If you're in a bad relationship, or in a bad place, I will stop at nothing to make it safe...."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is supposed to be a flashback. More will be explained in the next chapter.