Status: Active

When All Else Fails

Prologue

My eyes slowly fluttered open, being greeted by sunlight and the familiar brown sheets my naked body was tangled in.

Among other things.

My legs are intertwined with another pair while his thin arms are protectively wrapped around my waist. A yawn escaped my lips and my eyelids started to grow heavy again. Before I could drift back to sleep, I felt a pair of lips attached to my neck, leaving butterfly kisses all the way to my jaw. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips before I turned around to face him.

My blue eyes instantly met his beautiful green ones, making my heart leap every single time. He smiled back at me before murmuring a soft "Good Morning", his voice raspy from sleep. He tucked stray strands of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Good morning to you too." I replied with a cheeky grin. A cute chuckle escaped his lips before he buried his face on the crook of my neck. "I think it's safe to say that last night was the best night, slash sex, of my life." He said. I could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

I rolled my eyes, trying my best not to smile. He really just had to bring that up, first thing in the morning.

"That's what you always say."

He retracted his head from my neck and gave me a look. "Well, what can I say? It just keeps getting better and better."

I playfully hit him with the nearest pillow, earning an "oww" and a laugh from him. "I was being honest." He said defensively. "It was amazing," he started "maybe we can..." he brought his lips to the corner of my mouth in a teasing manner, "...continue?"

I finally gave in and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him with such ease. He cupped my face as he carefully rolled us to the other side of the bed, placing me on top of him. I straddled his waist as he did the honors of deepening the kiss.

Our tongues danced together while our hips moved in sync. Before we know it, soft moans from both of us filled the room when things started to really heat up. He held my waist before rolling back to the other side, pinning me down and him hovering me now. With our eyes still closed, he trailed kisses from my lips, to my neck, to my chest, moving down to my stomach while my fingers got lost in his dirty blonde hair.

Before he could press his chapped lips against mine once again, my phone started to ring loudly, snapping us back to reality as we opened our eyes. I caught a glimpse of sadness and disappointment in his eyes, making my heart drop.

I sighed deeply before reaching for my phone. "Hi, Hun." I instantly heard his deep voice from the other line. "Hi." I replied, faking enthusiasm.

"Where are you?"

I stole a glance from John who was now seated beside me with his head hung low and him pursing his lips together. I frowned. "I'm at Taylor's. She picked me up from work last night and ended up spending the night." I lied through my teeth. “It slipped my mind, sorry for not calling you." I added. "It's okay, babe. I'm here at In-N-Out, meet me? You could use some burgers for breakfast." He offered with a slight chuckle. I faked a laugh, muttering a quick "sure".

"I'll meet you in a few?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

I was silent for a few seconds, glancing at the boys beside me before saying "I love you too." in response. And in that moment, I heard his heart shatter into pieces, making mine do the same.

After hanging up, I gave him an apologetic look and smiled sadly in return.

I threw off the covers before slipping my clothes on from last night. I turned to him, frowning more deeply. "John..."

"It's okay." He said immediately. "It's not like I'm not used to it." He admitted. I bit my lip, pushing my bangs away from my eyes. "I'm sorry." I said sincerely. I reached for the door, stealing one last glance from him before shutting it close. I sighed heavily, feeling extremely bad.

I walked just a few blocks away from John's apartment before reaching In-N-Out. I instantly spotted him as he sat all by himself, fiddling with his phone. I sat across him after pecking his cheek.

"Oh, hi Hun." He said brightly.

"Hi."

We made casual talk before deciding to bring home our orders since it was starting to get a little crowded already. The whole drive back home was silent aside from the sickening fake cheerful voices of newscasters talking about the weather being heard from the radio.

Once we got home, we settled on the couch and made small talk and a few side comments about whatever was on the TV while finishing our half-eaten burgers. "I missed you." Ian suddenly said. I tore my eyes from the TV and looked at him, managing to pull a half-hearted smile. "Me too."

He brushed his thumbs over my cheek bones ever so lightly, staring right into my eyes with a loving look. I tried to search for the feeling I get when John's mesmerizing eyes stares back at me, but I felt nothing.

In a matter of seconds, we were already kissing each other hungrily; arms roaming each other's body, tasting one another's lips and a few undone buttons - but still nothing. I tried pushing the empty feeling in my chest away and let my hormones do the thinking.

Piece by piece, we started undressing each other until only our undergarments were left. I brought his hands to the clasp of my bra, as if asking, pleading, him to do so. But as I expected, he didn't.

I sighed heavily before rolling off of him and landing on the space behind him, bouncing slightly. I felt my phone vibrate and quickly picked it from the floor.

"I miss you."

It was from John.

I felt my eyes starting to water, feeling a pang of guilt.

"Andrea, hey." Ian waved his hand in front of my face to catch my attention. "What's wrong?"

I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall before shaking my head. "Nothing. Just spaced out, I guess." I lied.

I was getting good at this- with the lying and fooling everyone that my life is perfectly fine. If you asked me eight months ago if I would ever cheat on my boyfriend, I would laugh at your face and tell you an honest no. But look at me now, having a fling with one of my brother's closest friends just because my boyfriend wouldn't give me some.

Harsh, but true.

Eight months ago, I never thought that a little fling would change my life that was once a fairytale to a rollercoaster ride
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 1,166

And here it is. It's quite short but cut me some slack. I don't even know what I'm doing, haha. Sorry if it sucks. But that's nothing new actually. Okay so, comments? First chapter might take a little while because of schoolwork and stuff like that because high school makes sure that your first year is full of shit. Does this give you the plot of the story or something? Okay, so yeah, do comment. Thanks for reading!