Status: Active

When All Else Fails

Kiss & Sell

I walked all the way from my house to the studio, not caring that I was running late.

Taylor couldn’t pick me up because I woke up a few minutes before noon and she was already helping the other models dress up for the music video she told me about.

And don’t even ask me why I woke up late. As soon as my body came in contact with my bed, I was knocked out. I had to do my walk of shame from John’s apartment to my house. My dress was wrinkled and my heels were killing my feet. My make up was smudged and my hair was a total mess. I was a total mess.

And now, I don’t mind walking even though the studio’s a bit far from home. It meant I had more time to think. What happened last night never left my mind. The scene kept on replaying, how his hot skin felt against mine and how our bodies moved in rhythm, it was all still there.

I couldn’t calm my thoughts down. I just cheated on Ian. What if he finds out? What if I see John again?

No, you’re not gonna see him again and Ian is not gonna find out. This is the kind of thing that’s never to be spoken of. Not even remembered. Get your shit together, I told myself.

After a few more minutes of walking and arguing with myself, I finally got to the studio. I saw Taylor instantly; talking to a guy I don’t know. My heels clicked against the marble floor and I made my way towards them. Once Taylor saw me, her face perked up and a wide smile was on her face. “Andrea!”

I waved at her, and smiled awkwardly at the guy who was now looking at me as well. She enveloped me in a hug and apologized for not being able to pick me up this morning and last night.

“It’s okay. All I had to do was walk from home to here with these heels you made me wear. Perfectly fine.” I answered while crossing my arms and shrugging nonchalantly.

“I’m sorry! I’ll make it up to you, I swear.” She held out her pinky. I gave her a look before wrapping it with mine. She flashed a smile before looking back at the guy.

“Oh, and Andrea. This is, uh...Garrett.” She added nervously.

As sudden realization took over me, I cocked an eyebrow at her and smiled sweetly at Garrett. “Oh, hey! I’m Andrea Lewis.” I greeted him. He smiled back at me. “Garrett Nickelsen.” He said as we shook hands.

“Having fun with Taylor?” I asked with a smirk. His cheeks immediately turned red, laughing awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck.

Taylor looked at me with wide eyes and gave me a look that screamed what the fuck?!. I bit back my laughter and turned my attention back to Garrett as he spoke.

“Yeah. She’s been, uh, really nice. Keeping me and the guys company and all that.” He explained as he crossed his arms in front of his chest and lifted his weight to his other foot.

I gave Taylor a questioning look. “The guys?”

Taylor nodded her head. “Yeah, the band I talked to you about? The Maine? Garrett’s the bassist.” My jaw fell agape and I felt embarrassed for not knowing. “Ohh, yeah. I remember.” I faked realization and laughed lightly.

“Wait, wait. The band’s here already so, does that mean-“

“Andrea!” My gaze instantly landed on a tall tattooed figure. “Andrew!” I said with the same enthusiasm, We wrapped each other in a long tight hug, as if making up for the time we haven’t seen each other.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re getting here today? I would have picked you up at the airport and- shit I look like a mess right now. I-“

We’ve now let go of each other and he silenced me from my rambling by covering my mouth with his rough hand. “We just landed yesterday, like a few minutes before midnight. I didn’t think you’d be up by that time since you’d be busy the following day.” He explained.

He studied my appearance and raised an eyebrow. “But from the looks of it, doesn’t look like you slept early at all.” I bit my lip and shrugged. “Couldn’t sleep.” I replied shortly. It wasn’t completely I lie, right? How can I sleep when I’ve got this image replaying over and over inside my mind?

“Well,” he started, clapping his hands together. “You better get enough sleep tonight since you, my dear sister, is going to be hanging with us tomorrow night with me and the guys!”

“Where would that be?”

“Some bar Taylor told us about.” He shrugged. “She’s coming of course, so don’t worry.” He added, earning a nod from Taylor. “It’ll be lots of fun, they’re a bunch of nice guys.” Taylor said.

I pursed my lips together and raised my eyebrows. “It settled then. It’s not like I can say no to both of you.” I laughed. “We better get going now.” Taylor said, checking the time on her phone. “Let’s go out for coffee later, ‘kay? My treat.” I offered Andrew, which he gladly accepted. “It was nice meeting you, Garrett.” I turned to him and smiled. “You too.” He replied doing the same.

Taylor and I made our way to the dressing room. We were greeted by several more models, dressed in different kinds of tight dresses. My brows furrowed as I stared at how they were dressed. “What the fuck are they wearing?” I whispered to Taylor. Taylor laughed. “Garrett said it was the management’s orders, not theirs.”

I stopped on my tracks and eyed her. “Don’t tell me I have to wear those shit.” She nodded and stifled a laugh once again. “Don’t worry, no. I didn’t want to dress like them either! We’re just going to help around and stuff.”

I released a breath I was holding. “No need to dress up today then?” I asked Taylor as she opened the door to the studio. “Nope.”

I immediately spotted Garrett in a circle with five other guys who I assumed were his band mates. All of them had tight jeans and long hair, especially the shortest from all of them. I scanned their faces one by one until my eyes landed on a familiar face that was stuck in my head for the past few hours. His hair was now covering his forehead and his eyes weren’t drooping anymore, they were actually very green even from afar.

I felt my breathing get heavy as I tried my best to think of ways to not meet him or get involved with him today. Taylor and I sat down on the couch near the set where they would be filming their music video while everyone else was busy doing their job.

I could practically feel my heart beating out of my chest when they broke their circle and one of them started walking towards our direction. And when they all started to follow, I was pretty sure I was sweating.

“I’m just going to the bathroom.” I immediately said as I started to sit up but Taylor quickly stopped me. “I’m gonna introduce you to the guys first, come on!” She grabbed my wrist and pulled me to meet them. I kept my head hung low and pretended to be busy doing something on my phone as if my life depended on it.

“Hey, Tay.” I heard a guy’s voice say, I was too busy avoiding eye contact to look up to see who it was. “Hey!” Taylor responded cheerfully.

I heaved a sigh as I lifted my head to meet their gaze. Taylor started to introduce them and they gave a small wave when their name was called. “This is Pat, Kennedy, John, Jared and you’ve already met Garrett.” She said quickly. “This is Andrea, she’s Andrew’s sister and a close friend of mine.”

“Hi.” I greeted them, masking my nervousness. They all replied with their own hi’s and hello’s except for one, who just stared at me with his eyes wide.

When I dared to catch his stare, he immediately regained composure and smirked. “Andrea Lewis?” He said adding emphasis to Lewis. I smiled tightly and nodded. “That’s me.” I replied awkwardly.

“O…kay.” Taylor said, breaking the silence that hung thick in the air. “Are you guys gonna start shooting any time soon?”

They all shook their heads, some of them saying “no” or “nope”. “Great! Do you guys wanna go out for lunch or something?” Taylor offered with hopeful eyes. “Yeah!” All of them said and unison as they smiled and nodded while I looked terrified. The thought of having lunch with John O’Callaghan scared me. Even breathing the same air as him repulsed me!

“Do you want to come with us, Andrea?” The guy with hair that was too long for him asked. I didn’t catch their names since I wasn’t looking when Taylor was naming them off! “She will!” Taylor immediately answered and gave me a look that I had no other choice.

“Oh, I think Miss Lewis here would love to.” Suddenly a raspy voice said. It took me by surprise, really, I wasn’t expecting him to say such a cocky comment. Let alone talk. The guys looked as if it was expected or him to do that though because they all just ignored it and rolled their eyes.

“I, uhm, okay.”

~*~

“She did what?!” Taylor asked incredulously as the guys continued to tell her about their ridiculous experiences on tour so far. Taylor reintroduced them, because she found out that I still don’t know who was who. Andrew tagged along and we ended up eating in a typical diner, with their menus consisting of nothing but junk.

“Yeah, I never thought there’d be a day where I’d have contact with something that enters a vagina.” John laughed as he shook his head. He bit from his burger and said “Except for my dick and well, my fingers” in mid-bite. The guys all muttered something like “Shut up, John” or “Fuck off”. I scoffed as my cheeks burned, realizing how true his statement was judging from last night. “What?” John asked and smirked directly at me.

“Don’t mind him.” Andrew spoke up. He swallowed down his fries and continued. “It’s something that comes naturally; sexual innuendos here and there.” And they all nodded in agreement. “Probably got laid last night or something.” Jared joked.

A devilish grin suddenly crept its way to John’s face, giving me a quick glance. Taylor seems to notice and gave me a curious look. “Yes, actually. I did.” John replied anyway. “It was pretty eventful if you ask me.”

All of their eyes almost bulged out of their sockets while I stayed focused on my food. “What? First night here and you already got a girl?” Garrett said. “Who is she, man?” Kennedy asked.

He pursed his lips, a smile still evident on it, while shaking his head. “She won’t kiss and tell,”

“Quoting your lyrics, really?” Pat remarked.

They all laughed, except for me since I didn’t know any of their songs and I didn’t find this quite funny because he was talking about me. I was the one who slept with him. And I was fucking scared as hell.

This is possibly the worst case scenario if you had a one night stand. If you cheated on your boyfriend. He was John O’Callaghan, who is in fact friends with my brother, which means I’m gonna have to hang out with him. I sighed deeply as it all sunk in, I can’t get out this mess.

I stayed silent in my seat, as they all continued their conversation and John still giving me looks every once in a while. This was gonna be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
God, I'm so sorry I haven't updated for months.

It's not like anyone reads this anyway so