Status: Attackative

Frostbite

I'm on my way

The boxes in my old room stand in neat stacks, tall and daunting. It's not that I haven't moved before, but all if my previous moves combined haven't been as big as this one is. Seeing the walls stripped of posters of my idols, Brian Boitano and Johnny Weir, strike both excitement and hesitation. 

The move will be made in order to be closer to my partner for pairs figure skating. She's a great girl. Small and petite, just the right size for me considering I'm a bit of a small boy myself. Her skating style complements mine well and that's a very good thing considering I'm the more experienced one. I've been skating since I was three thanks to my uncle.

My sister walks into the room and beams at me. "Ready to go, little brother?" 

I smile back, grateful that she's coming with us. Kinna is seven years older than I am which means she's been out of the house for a while. I don't think Daddy, Uncle Isaac and I could function without her. Besides, with her degree in fashion design, she makes every single one of my costumes, from the fitted trousers to the glittery hair clips. 

"Yeah, Kinna. I'm ready." I grab a box and turn to head into the hallway and down the stairs. To be honest, I probably won't miss this place. We only rented because I needed a temporary place to qualify for the qualifiers for the 2014 winter olympics. My family does a lot for me. I love them so much.

But the place we're going, that's it. Daddy already put a down payment on the house and we're buying. Everything from here on out is permanent. This is it. I guess that's the reason I'm so nervous.

The moving truck is mostly packed up with the exception of my room and the kitchen but it doesn't take long to load the boxes. Uncle Isaac and Kinna get in Daddy's Ford pickup and go ahead in order to lead the movers in the right direction. The new house is a few states over so the drive will be a long one. I load my travel bag into my Honda civic, a present from Daddy and my Uncle Isaac for qualifying the very first time I went out for it. Daddy comes out of the empty house and locks it before coming down the stairs and slinging an arm around my shoulder. 

"You ready to go Kiddo?" He asks, squeezing me tightly.

"Uh, actually, since we have such a long drive do you think we can go to the rink for a few laps? Just real quick?" 

"Cage, I don't know..."

"Please? I haven't been on the ice all day and I probably won't be able to tomorrow." I plead.

It takes only a few seconds for him to cave in and I drive us over to the semi familiar ice skating rink and pull my slates out of my travel bag. I hardly ever go anywhere without them. I lace them up quickly and step out onto the ice happily, pulling my hoddie around me tighter. Daddy watches as I twirl around, steering clear of my fellow skaters, as this is a public skate time.

I'm not sure exactly how much time passes but Daddy calls for me to come on off the ice and I do, taking off my skates and slipping on my street shoes. Daddy decided that he wants to drive and I don't have a problem with that considering the fact that I don't really know where we're going. I could always plug in the GPS but it's easier this way. Besides, this way I get to take a nap. 

"You know, Micajah," Daddy says, pulling onto the highway. "I'm really proud of you. Your mom would be too." 

"Thanks Daddy. I know she would be." I day softly, emotions bubbling up the way they always do when my late mother is mentioned. I didn't know her very well since she passed when I was young. Uncle Isaac is her brother and he keeps us very close to her all the time.

He puts on the track from my last competition and the music lulls me to sleep in no time. When I wake up, everything I've worked for for my entire life will finally start coming together. 
♠ ♠ ♠
New story? I think yes!
I'm really excited about this one because I'm writing with my lovenly and talented sister. It's our first cowries together so this should be fun. I honestly can't wait to see how this goes.

Anywhoo! Thanks for reading and we hope you'll comment and subscribe! We will indeed be doing shout outs too :)

So, let us know what you think?