Status: Attackative

Frostbite

Insanity runs through your veins

One downside about being a competitive figure skater is the limited, almost nonexistent, free time. The only days that are completely free of any training or working out is Saturday and sometimes we don't even get those should a competition fall on that day. Or worse yet, having to do a school assignment that had been put off in favor of training.

This is the reason that the celebration dinner for Jennie and my win is planned for a week after the actual competition. Juliet insists that we go to the restaurant that she works at and we agree if only for the discount. Kinna, Uncle Isaac, and Daddy all ride in one car while Jennie and I pick up Nico and Juliet and head over in another. Mr and Mrs Wilson meet us there as well.

The Macaroni Grill is a very classy and expensive place which is why we've only been here once before. It's a total shirt and tie affair. It doesn't necessarily have to be but I have a fashion designer as a sister and a soon-to-be fashion icon as a partner, I really have no choice. Ties aren't really my thing so Kinna picks out a pretty nice white vest and a red and white polkadot bow tie to go over a deep black shirt and tight red pants.

Jennie is dressed to match in a red and white polkadot dress and bright yellow heels. I swear she looks like a human Minnie Mouse but god it's cute. If I was straight I'd totally hit on her. 

"Hey guys, you know this place has the crispest salad, right?" Nico says as we're walking in.

"Why would I know that?" I ask with a grin. "I've only been here once and that was like, seven years ago."

"Well god damn. Okay, you're totally getting a salad." He decides.

"And if I don't want to?"

"Hmm. Nope. No choice." Nico grins.

"You, my friend, are the reason I don't have friends. Peer pressure and all that." I joke.

"No, the reason you don't have friends is because you act all shy and innocent and you're really not." Nico says mischievously. 

Jennie laughs and rolls her eyes. "You two are certifiably insane. Cage has more people who call themselves his friends than you realize. He's a sweetheart. Everyone loves you."

"Oh really? Is that why I get shoved into lockers and made fun of on a daily basis?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh please. Everyone gets shoved into lockers. It's a small school with a massive student body. You just have to learn how to be more assertive shove back." Juliet says, finally finding a way to insert herself into the conversation. "And in case you haven't realized, Benji is the only one who really makes fun of you anymore."

I take a second to think and realize that she's right. Benjamin really is the only one who still picks on me for being a figure skater. That asshole.

We find mine and Jennie's families and take our seats while still talking. Kinna quickly joins in on the conversation while the older adults have one of their own. The waitress is at our table within two minutes of us sitting and she immediately smiles upon seeing Juliet.

"You took off work tonight to come to work?" She asks with a laugh.

"It's not work cause I'm not working! See, Mia? I'm not wearing my uniform." She protests, standing up and spinning around to show off her black and white stripped dress. Oh yes, another soon-to-be fashion icon. I guess it's just in the Wilson blood.

"Well, I guess you have a point." The waitress then turns to the rest if the table. "Good evening guys, my name is Amelia. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

Amelia proves to be a very efficient waitress, making sure everything is perfect and stopping to chat with Juliet and me every once in a while. She comments on our win as she fills up my glass of non-sweet tea and caters to Nico's insane questions about the salad. 

Seriously, who cares where the lettuce is grown? Head cases, that's who. I tell him as much and he just pouts. "I am not a head case."

"What's this I hear about head?" A voice over my shoulder asks. 

I freeze and look at Juliet who has a guilty expression on her face. "Did I tell you that Benji works here too?"

"No, you conveniently forgot to mention that." I smile tightly. 

"Pleasant surprise right?" Benjamin says, reaching over me to grab my empty plate. He grabs Nico's and Jennie's as well before placing them in his unnaturally clean bus bin.

"Pleasant isn't the word I was going to use."

"Oh right. More like genial."

"Genial? Oh wow. Looks like hockey players are capable of learning vocabulary words after all." I snort, taking a sip of my drink.

Benjamin "accidentally" bumps into the back of my chair, causing the glass in my hand to spill over onto the table. I glare at him as he laughs. "Look at that. Maybe figure skaters aren't as graceful as everyone says." 

Juliet jumps out of her seat and puts herself between me and the boy I'm this close to choking. "Benji, god damn it." She whisper shouts. "You did that on purpose."

"Did not." He says simply, rolling his eyes and taking a pristine white towel out of his apron. He leans over me and mops up the spill carefully, also giving me an amazing opportunity to experience how good he smells. God, it's like he bathes in Axe or something. I could get high off the smell. Or at least die happy by his side.

Holy hell. Did that thought really just come out of my head? Maybe he really did get me high. As soon as he's finished, he lingers by my side for a few seconds too long and I push him away from me maybe a little too harshly. 

Benjamin finishes clearing the table quickly with a small apology to Daddy for the spill. This surprises me quite pleasantly but I brush it off quickly. He's an asshole and definitely does not deserve pleasant thoughts from me.

Once everything has settled down and Amelia has taken our desert orders, Nico turns to Juliet with a curious smile. "So, you're Benjamin's best friend right?"

"Well, more like his one and only feminine side. See, he lacks what I like to call-"

"YeahYeah, whatever. I just wanna know how long he's had a crush on Cage." Nico says simply.

Everyone stares at him in disbelief, even Kinna and Uncle Isaac look away from the adults conversation to gape at him. Juliet breaks out into laughter and shakes her head. "Oh god, Nico! I knew you were insane but I didn't know you were stupid. Benji doesn't get crushes."

"I beg to differ." He snorts. 

"Whatever. You clearly don't know anything about him." She says in a flippant tone.

Nico gives me a purposeful look and I try hard not to punch him. How in the world could he pair me with that neanderthal? He's lucky we're friends or I would personally strangle him with my own bow tie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one a lot, actually.

Here is my list of characters ^.^
Uncle Isaac
Daddy
Kinna
Jennie
Nico
Bennett

We'll be sure to throw all of them up in the character page soon XD

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I love you so much. Update on Friday, I promise.