Status: Attackative

Frostbite

Do you need a doctor baby?

Kaleb Rygg is the tallest, most awkward man I've ever met in my life. Sometimes it amazes me how Kinna ended up with him but then I see the way he treats her like she's literally the most precious gem in the world and I understand. I mean, Kinna is way out of his league but they're perfect for each other. 

She supports his dream to be a screenwriter and he supports her career as a designer. They're like Bonnie and Clyde. Inseparable. Not even the move broke them up. In fact, Kaleb's been talking about moving here in order to be closer. It wouldn't surprise me if he popped the question soon.

I think that might be why he's here actually. To go apartment hunting and to ask daddy for her hand. It's terribly romantic. Kaleb even likes sitting around while she's adjusting mine and Jennie's outfits for our next competition. He likes watching her work. He thinks she's cute when her hair is in the messiest bun possible and she's got ten pins between her teeth and a concentrated look on her face. He loves watching her do what she's passionate about. 

It makes me so jealous. I want something like that. Someone who thinks I'm adorable when I'm freaking out about a new line of skates or will sit down and turn on a figure skating competition instead of a football game. The sad thing about it is that I could probably have that but I really don't have time right now. It's infuriating. 

"Baby, can you get me the blue scissors?" Kinna asks, calling to Kaleb. 

He pushes off the wall he's leaning on and goes to her storage drawers. "Still in the top right?" 

She smiles to herself and nods. "Yeah." 

Kaleb grabs the scissors and hands them to her, pressing a kiss to her cheek as he does. She giggles and snips off a thread from Jennie's skirt. They're so fucking cute. 

He turns to me and grins. "I saw your last competition, man. It was inspiring."

I raise an eyebrow. "Inspiring?"

He smiles and nods. "It gave me an idea and I'm working on a concept."

"About a gay figure skater?" I question.

Kaleb laughs. "I haven't decided his orientation yet but it is about a male figure skater."

Jennie makes a noise of protest and crosses her arms. "Well I feel appreciated."

"Oh, there's a female skater too. It's in the very beginning stages but I'll let you two know." Kaleb clarifies. 

Jennie smiles triumphantly. "That's more like it."

"Alright guys." Kinna steps back and points us to a mirror. "What do you think?"

We step up and twirl this way and that. I'm wearing tailored black trousers with a light blue stripe running up the side and a black quarter sleeve shirt with a tight blue vest. She's made me hair clips as well and they bring out my eyes rather nicely. It's very glamorous. I love it.

Jennie's outfit consists of a white dress with a black lace drapy thing that makes it look a lot more flowy than it actually is. She also has blue ribbons running up her legs that match the stripe on my pants. Kinna is a fucking genius.

|~|


Tuesday is almost unbearable. Yesterday the hockey team completely crushed our rival school and today I can't go ten seconds without hearing people hiss and yell Syren Serpents!

It's not that that's too annoying or anything, it's the hockey players I can't stand. They're cocky as fuck. I'm absolutely dreading seeing Benjamin. I know he'll have some smartass comment. 

School hasn't even started yet and I already have a headache. 

Jennie closes her locker and hooks her arm through mine before leading the way to our classes. Her knee high Siriano boots clack against the floor and makes my headache throb just a little bit less. The things that soothe me are odd.

We part ways and I head into my Creative Writing Class where Miss Vickerson is writing the warm up on the board. I take my seat behind Juliet and take out the things I'll need for class. 

I hear the door open again and I don't pay attention to it until the person stands directly in front of my desk. I look up and see Benjamin balancing a drink tray in one hand and a bag of bagels in the other. His breathing is labored but he's smiling.

"Uh...hey." I greet confusedly, a hint of dread settling in my stomach. I don't even have first period with him and he's already about to brag.

"Morning." He grins. "So I stopped by that place on main street and picked up some stuff. I didn't know what you'd like so I got choices. There's black coffee, French vanilla coffee, green tea, and hot chocolate. And the bagels are plain, onion, cinnamon, and raisin."

"Wait, what?" 

"What do you want?" He asks, as if he's either impatient or that this is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Green tea would be great but, uhm, why?"

Benjamin sets the requested drink on my desk and hands me the bag of bagels. "I can't just do something nice?"

"I mean, it's a free country. Of course you can. It's just that you don't. Like, ever. In fact, you make it a point to be an ass all the time." I point out. "So you can understand my confusion."

"Well, I decided to be nice. Get that stick outta your ass and just accept it." 

"Charming." I roll my eyes and pick out the plain bagel before handing the bag back to him.

"I try to be." He flashes his teeth before handing the hot chocolate to Juliet and giving her the raisin bagel. 

She rolls her eyes but takes them anyway. "It feels great to be your second thought."

"At least you were thought of." He comments, grabbing the black coffee and taking a huge gulp. Next he grabs the onion bagel and eats half of it in one bite. "I could have just given the bagel to Nathan."

I grimace. "Chew with your mouth closed."

Benjamin looks at me for a second before adjusting his chewing to comply with my request. He swallows down his food. "Better?"

"Yeah, actually." I say, slightly surprised.

The bell rings and Miss Vickerson turns around, frowning when she sees Benjamin. "Thestry! What're you doing in here? I don't have you until fifth period."

"Just making a quick stop." He says with a charming smile. "I brought you some coffee. French vanilla. And a cinnamon bagel."

The teacher rolls her eyes but beckons him forward. He gives her the promised goods and she writes him a pass to his first period. Benjamin heads to the door but not before giving me the most dazzling smile ever. 

What the hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
So one day late. Not too bad I think :)

Let us know your thoughts?