Status: Attackative

Frostbite

That's what they all say

When Nico Chavez is presented with an opportunity to volunteer he takes it and drags everyone he can in with him. And by everyone I mean me and Jennie. And in this particular case, Jennie got out of it by having to go get her annual physical. Me on the other hand? I have to help him plan a charity St. Patrick's Day event. 

Daddy and Uncle Isaac have relinquished control of the living room to Nico and I and all the balloon, streamer, and confetti samples Nico got his hands on. He sits in the middle of the chaos with a clipboard in one hand and a pencil in the other. 

"So who is this charity thing for anyway?" I ask, pulling a balloon from a bag and blowing it up. 

Nico rolls his eyes and sighs. "It's to raise money for the animal shelter."

"Oh." I nod and tie off the balloon before examining it and shaking my head. "This one isn't even green. How the hell are you gonna have a St. Patrick's Day party with teal balloons?"

"God Cage, that's why we plan things." He pulls out his phone and dials a number before smiling and using his preppiest voice ever. "Hi, this is Nico Chavez. I'm just calling to confirm the venue for Saturday March seventeenth. . . Yes, okay. . . Alright, thank you." He hangs up and makes a check on his clipboard. Nico then hands me a list of numbers and instructs me to call them and confirm various commitments. 

I swear, if I didn't like him so much I'd kick him out of my living room. I wasn't the one who volunteered for this! He's such a manipulator. But damn if he isn't the best fucking manipulator I've ever been manipulated by.

I call the numbers and make the appropriate notes beside each name and then realize that Nico is nowhere in sight. I begin searching for him and find him sitting on my bed on the phone.

I raise an eyebrow at him but he holds up a finger to silence me. "Yeah, that sounds great . . . text me, okay? . . . Yeah, alright bye." He hangs up and grins at me.

"Who was that and why are you blushing like an idiot?" I ask.

"It was Bennett. He asked me to go to Juliet's costume party with him." He grins harder and covers his mouth to suppress a giggle.

"Damn, it took him long enough." I smile, dropping onto the bed next to him. The sexual tension between Nico and Bennett has been almost unbearable for everyone. They talk about each other all the time and they make eyes at each other and they text each other non stop. God! Is everyone in a relationship but me?!

Nico bounces on the bed a little and giggles. "I know! And he was so sweet about it!"

"Well, that's Bennett for you." I tease. 

Nico rolls his eyes and slaps my arm. "So who are you going with?"

"Uh, nobody?" I grumble.

"What?! You can't go stag!" Nico gasps and his eyes widen, reminding me once again that I have no one to go with. 

"I can and I am." 

"No, you can't. God damn it, why hasn't Benjamin asked you out yet?!" He jumps up and begins pacing the floor and I swear I think he just went a little insane. Well, a little more insane than he already was.

"Wait, what?" I blink. 

"Why hasn't-"

"No, I heard that. Why would you think he'd ask me out? He hates me!"

Nico gives me a look a if I'm the most retarded person on the planet. "He's got a huge crush on you. Have you not noticed the fact that he's brought you breakfast every day this week and he's stopped picking on you?"

"First of all, Benji doesn't get crushes. Second, yes, I have noticed but it's just because he still feels guilty about my injury." I explain matter-of-factly. 

"Cage Cage Cage. You're so naïve. I've known him since kindergarten and he does not feel guilty about things for more than two days. He totally has a crush on you."

"Stop saying that!" I yell, throwing a pillow at him.

Nico's hardly phased by this and catches it easily before throwing it back at me. "It's true!" 

"It is not!" I exasperate.

"I bet you he'll ask for your number by Juliet's party." 

"You know what? I'll take that bet." I agree.

"Oh yeah? Okay. Lets see. Loser has to dress like a stripper for the party." He proposes, eyebrow raised.

"You're on." And that was that. We go back downstairs and finish planning the event. Nico leaves smiling and chattering as usual, unaware of the turmoil going on inside me.

You see, they say that when you find out that someone likes you, you start to like them too. While I know that Benjamin definitely does not like me, I can't help but read into his recent actions a little. He has brought me breakfast every day for the past week and he's being extra nice all the time, including asking me to play pairs tennis with him. It's so unlike him. 

And he's really not a bad guy. He can be sweet and adorable and sappy sometimes, very rare times but it happens. Plus, god damn it, he's sexy as fuck. I hate to admit it, and I mean I really hate to admit it.

Even if he does like me there's no way we could go out. And oh my god what am I thinking? Am I really considering going out with a hockey player? And not just any hockey player. The most arrogant, promiscuous, asshole of a hockey player in school. 

Why am I even worried about this? He doesn't like me anyway. Instead I imagine Nico dressed as a stripper and I smile. This will be a sweet victory.   
♠ ♠ ♠
So many interesting things going on in this chapter. It's one of my personal favorites. Sorry for the late-ish update. We've been prewriting so I have no excuse except that I forgot... I'm sorry! I'm only human.

graceful swans;
Sarcastically Blunt
Alex Loves Skittles
JessicStar
IceDeath.


Thank you so much for not only reading, but taking the time to leave feedback as well. It means so much.

And yes, I'm technically grounded but how cool is it that I'm breaking the rules to update for you? And how much of a bitch move would it be of Tiff actually told?? I mean, if she did I could always tell them about the dent she put in the wall from throwing the phone or the four+ holes in the side of the house from her bow&arrow....

Let us know what you think? About the chapter that is ;)