Status: Attackative

Frostbite

You can hate me after you pay me

The week passes in a slow blur of school, fittings, practice, and ballet. It's frustrating how much I work and how much I had to beg to get permission to go to Juliet's party tomorrow. But a day off means I get to sleep in and eat what I want and do what I want. I guess it's worth it.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the school day on Friday. I gather my things quickly and head to my locker. Thankfully I've been able to avoid unnecessary conversation with Benjamin all week. I don't think I could pull off a stripper costume. Plus I'm really looking forward to the daemon outfit that Kinna put together for me. 

Before I can count my blessings though, Benjamin pops up beside my locker, leaning cooly against the metal. "What's up Cage? I haven't seen you around as much as I usually do. You're still coming to Juliet's party tomorrow, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask nervously. God only knows where this conversation could lead.

He smiles adorably annoyingly. "Just wondering. Hey, so I was thinking the other day and I realized that I don't have your number."

My heart speeds up in my chest and I look around to make sure that Nico is nowhere in sight. "Uhm. No, you don't. What's your point?"

"I want it." He shrugs as if this is actually normal. But who knows, this could be normal for him.

"What's your point?" I ask coldly, trying not to let him see how much I'm freaking out.

Benjamin blinks at me, finally caught off guard. "Can I have it?"

"Is that any way to ask?" I tease, my tension slowly thawing. He's adorable when he's not expecting my response, which seems to happen a lot actually.

He rolls his eyes, the arrogant hockey player I know and tolerate rising to the surface. Benji takes my free hand in his and presses the palm against the side of his face. "My dearest Micajah Stevens, will you do me the express honor of bestowing upon me the ten digits that, upon entering them into my cellular devise, will allow me to hear your sweet voice."

Now it's my turn to blink. Well that was certainly one hell of a way to ask. "Are you okay? Did you take your pills this morning?"

"I did actually." He says grudgingly, dropping my hand. "Can I please have your number? I'm practically begging you. And Benjamin Thestry does not beg."

"Maybe I should make you beg then." I murmur under my breath, zipping my backpack closed and shutting my locker. "Fine, give me your phone."

A triumphant grin spreads across Benjamin's face as I enter myself into his contacts list. "Thank you."

"Yeah yeah. Just text me later so I have your number too." I roll my eyes and stalk away, pondering just how I'll tell Nico he won. 

Almost as if I summoned him, Nico pops up on my right. "I saw that."

"Well then it saves me the trouble of telling you." I grumble, shoving open the school doors and storming to my car. Nico follows me and buckles himself into the passenger seat without a word. "I hate you."

"No you don't. You're secretly glad that I won. There's a wild side in you just waiting to get out. Why do you think your name is Cage? You're an inescapable party animal that nothing can contain because you're the thing that contains everyone else. If you let lose then the world is in danger!"

"Nico, that didn't make any sense."

"You know what else doesn't make sense? The fact that your on Swan St." He says matter of factly.

"Uh. I live on his street." I point out.

"I know. We're not going to your house. We're going shopping." He declares. And I know I don't have a choice in the matter, at least not without some yelling, screaming, and whining, and then whatever Nico would do. So I resign and follow his directions to the closest costume shop which coincidentally happens to be around the corner to a triple X rated store. 

What the fuck did I get myself into? 

|~|


Saturday night rolls around and there's a vicious knock on my front door. I open it to reveal a frantic Nico and an amused Bennett. They've dressed in one of those cheesy couples outfit that I always wanted to pull off but never had anyone to pull it off with. Bennett is in a very flattering jailer costume while Nico is dressed as his inmate, in a semi-provocative orange jumpsuit that's rolled all the way up to his thighs and unbuttoned all the way down to his belly button. 

Nico looks me over once and a satisfied smirk settles on his lips. "Good. I was afraid you'd chicken out."

"I'm not a coward." I roll my eyes. Nico looks over my outfit once again for inspection. White boots that come all the way up to my thighs, leaving only an inch of skin between them and the black hot shorts that look painted on my ass. White fishnets run up my arms and make up most to my shirt, which stops a good four inches above my belly button. My nipples are covered but that's about it.

Nico grabs my hand and pulls me to the car quickly. I think he thinks I'll change my mind and switch my outfit. He doesn't realize that I never go back on a promise.

Almost as soon as we step foot into the party, all eyes are on me and my racy outfit choice. Most of the people lose interest after a few minutes and return to moving their bodies to the beat of the music, but some perverts won't stop staring at me. I'm attracting a lot of unwanted attention.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize this would happen." Nico apologizes, glaring at a Luke Skywalker who's staring at my chest. "Maybe we should take you home to change."

"It's fine, I agreed to it." I say with more confidence than I have. This was probably a bad idea and Nico's probably right. I should go home and change. But, and please don't judge me for this, I haven't seen Benjamin yet and as much as I want to deny it, I want him to see me in this outfit. I know it'll get him worked up and I love it when he's like that.

Suddenly I'm grabbed around the waist and pulled tightly to the chest of a harier version of The Situation. "Hey baby, wanna find a dark corner?"

"Uh. Definitely not interested." I blush, trying to squirm out of his grasp.

He puts his mouth to my ear, ignoring my protests. "C'mon don't be like that."

"Do you need help?" A voice says from over my shoulder. I look back and see Banjamin standing there with a range of conflicted emotions flickering over his face.

"Yes please." I say, relief washing over me at the sight of the taller, more muscular, and clearly angrier man. I'm really fucking happy to see him and not just because he's about to save me from this creep... God damn, what's been going on lately?
♠ ♠ ♠
Goddamn. This is probably my favorite chapter so far. We're working in prewriting too so theres that.

Alex Loves Skittles
Sarcastically Blunt
JessicStar

Thank you so much! We really do apreciate it :)

Do you see this? This shit I have to live with everyday?
That's okay though. She wants to play dirty I can play dirty.

Let us know what you think?