Status: Attackative

Frostbite

I think about it every night and day

It's definitely not normal for my heart to be beating this fast or for my stomach to be clenching this way. But can I help it? Not even a little. Why? Because Benjamin Thestry asked me out! And I said yes! And I don't regret it! The exact opposite actually. I can't stop fucking smiling. 

When did I even start liking him? Who knows? Who cares? The point is that I've got a date with the hottest guy I've ever laid eyes on and he's not a complete duche. Well, at least not to me. Not anymore.

"What's got you all smiley?" Kinna asks when I walk in the door. 

"I uh- someone asked me out." I inform her. Her eyes widen and she follows me up the stairs and into my room.

"No way! Who? When? How? Details!" She deposits herself onto my bed and gets comfortable, like I'm about to tell her a bedtime story.

"Well," I start, unzipping my boots and kicking them off. "Promise not to freak out, okay?"

"Promise." She agrees eagerly.

I peel off the fishnets and pull on an oversized night shirt. "It was Benjamin."

It takes a while for it to register but when it does her eyes widen and her jaw drops to her chest. "The hockey player." I nod in confirmation and shimmy out of the skin tight hot pants. "The same one who caused your accident and made the orgasmic cake and who Uncle Isaac would love to brutally murder?" 

"Yep, that one." I sigh dreamily and join her on the bed. "I can't believe it, actually."

Kinna rolls over to face me properly and pokes me side with a manicured finger. "Well what happened? Tell me everything."

"Uh, okay. Well, you saw what I was wearing. When Nico and Bennett and I walked into the party everyone was staring at me and this guy tried to come on to me but wouldn't take a hint." I start, shivering at the memory of the duche's arms around me. "Benjamin came out of nowhere and saved me. I swear Kinna, he looked like he was about to kill the guy just for touching me. And god, the way he was defending me kinda made me wanna kiss the living fuck out of him."

Kinna beams and pokes my side. "So I can safely assume you have a crush."

I glare at her and sit up. "Do you wanna hear the story or not?"

She rolls her eyes and pulls me back down next to her. "Stop being a baby. Continue."

"Okay, so, he took my hand and lead me upstairs out into a balcony where it was quiet and we talked for a while before he literally got on his knees and asked me out." I sigh, conveniently leaving out the way I was showing off my costume for him. "I thought it was a joke."

"But it wasn't?" She prompts.

"No. At least, I don't think it was. We danced together for the rest of the night and he pretty much glared at anyone who even glanced in my direction." I smile, remembering the way his arms hardly left my waist. I felt... secure. It's a silly thing to say, especially since I can pretty much hold my own, but it was nice feeling protected. Especially after that creeper.

"Are you excited about the date?"

"You know what? I actually am. I wanna see where this goes." 

"Good for you. I'm happy for you little bro. This is your first date since you started training. And yeah, Benjamin is hot."

I glare at her and push her off my bed. "Hey, that's my guy. You have your own."

Kinna laughs at me and shakes her head, standing up and going to the door. "Good night Micajah." 

She turns off my light and I crawl under the covers, allowing thoughts of a certain arrogant yet charming hockey player lull me to sleep. 

|~|


The grey stallion beneath me charges through the fields towards the stable where my favorite stable boy is currently at work. I use every muscle in my thighs and calves to make the majestic creature move faster and we're slowing down and entering the white barn in minutes. I tap the heels of my stylish black cowboy boots on the belly of my horse and she follows my lead to the water trough. 

Just as I'm about to dismount, a pair of hands grab my waist and lift me from the horse expertly. "Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, would we? You're much too pretty for that."

I turn and see Benjamin smiling down at me and tipping his white cowboy hat at me affectionately. I can only watch as he unstraps the saddle from my horse. He works quietly and quickly and he's done in no time. Then he turns to me with a devilish smile and takes my hand before leading me to another horse. This one is even bigger than mine with a sleek black maine and a brand new saddle on his back. 

"Are we going to ride him?" I question eagerly. 

"Why would you ride a horse when you can ride a cowboy?" Benjamin winks and encircles his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and closer to him until my lips-


The music of my ringtone effectively jerks me out of my odd yet pleasant dream. I grope around for my phone and answer it groggily, catching a glimpse of the clock on my bedside table. 

"Hello?" I answer, sleepy and unhappy. 

A familiar voice answers. "Good morning sunshine."

I fight the smile on my face, forcing my unhappiness at being woken up so early on a Sunday, and from an amazing dream too, to color my tone. "Benjamin, why?"

"What? I can't just call the boy I asked out and wish him a good morning?" He asks cheerily.

"Uh. You can, but preferably at a reasonable time."

"Seven isn't reasonable?"

"Not on a Sunday. Call back in like, three hours." I groan. 

"Hey now, do I have to come over there and jump on your bed to wake you up?" He threatens. Something tells me he's deathly serious.

I wrack my brain for a way to get him to let me go back to sleep. "Uncle Isaac is up and about. Unless you wanna run into him I suggest you don't."

"Huh. Good point." Benjamin ponders. "Maybe tomorrow then."

"Sorry, busy tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday." I tease, now almost fully awake.

Benjamin laughs his genuine heart-melting laugh. "Wednesday it is then. I'll pick you up at six. We'll decide what we're doing later. For now, go back to sleep."

We say goodbye and I stare at the ceiling. How the fuck am I supposed to go back to sleep? We just set up our date, for the most part. So it wasn't a dream. This is really happening. Oh god. I'm too excited to be confused. 
♠ ♠ ♠
HeyHey. So I forgot about update day.
But it's here now. Personally, it's one of my favorites.
Then again, when isn't it?

Tiff will do extra shout outs next time ;D
Let us know what you think in the meantime?