Status: Attackative

Frostbite

I'm glad you came

When I suggested that Benjamin come over for dinner to meet Daddy you could have sworn I asked him to shave his head and join a nudist colony. After he calmed down from his initial fit, he agreed but only if I came to dinner to meet his moms the next night. Reasonable enough.

After a heavy make out session I got him to agree to wear a tie. 

Kinna agrees to make dinner but we both force Daddy to make his signature mashed potatoes. They both agree to dress up too but Uncle Isaac shows up dressed in dirty jeans and a ratty T-Shirt. Kinna has a fit, rushing around him in her knee length floral print dress in order to make it a little better. The attempt is in vain and there's no hope in getting him to change.

I think it's his way of rebelling against this relationship but you can tell from the frown on my families faces that they just think its petty and juvenile. For some reason it calms me. It's as if they already approve him.

From upstairs in my room I hear a knock on the door. I quickly straighten my sweater vest and slip on my shoes before flying down the stairs. Kinna beats me to the door and swings it open to reveal a handsomely dressed Benjamin. 

He smiles at her politely and holds out his hand. "We've already met but not formally. I'm Benjamin."

She takes his hand and pulls him into a hug instead. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kinna."

My boyfriend looks slightly uncomfortable so I pull Kinna away and take her place in his arms. He squeezes me tightly and whispers in my ear, "Sorry I'm late."

"It's okay, you're here. That's what matters." I murmur back, pulling away. "Kinna, don't you have chicken on the stove?"

She gives me a knowing look but nods anyway. "Yes! Of course! I'll see you two in fifteen minutes at the table."

When she exits the front room, I pull Benjamin closer to me by his tie and plant my lips firmly to his. "You look great in a tie."

"I know." He smirks. "And if wearing one gets me your kisses then maybe I should wear one more often."

"I certainly don't object to that." I laugh and peck his lips one more time. "C'mon, you should meet Daddy now. Get it out of the way."

"Is he really that bad?" He asks, allowing me to lead him to the living room.

"No, not at all. Not nearly as bad as Uncle Isaac."

"Damn. Is that asshole here too?" He grumbles.

I shoot him a look. "He lives here. Now play nice. I want this to go well."

Benjamin places his hands on my shoulders and squeezes lightly. "Don't worry baby. I got this. Stop freaking out. I want this to go well too. Maybe even more than you do. Not making a good impression means having your dad be pissed at me and I don't think that that'd be very good for me."

I can see that he's telling the truth and that soothes my nerves a bit. I nod and lean into him when he kisses my forehead. "You ready?"

"No. But I'm sure I'll never be."

Daddy is sitting on the edge of the couch, screaming at the TV for some guy to just throw the damn ball in the damn basket already. I clear my throat and he looks at me for a second before muting the TV and standing. "Hi, you must be Benjamin."

"Yes sir. Erm, Mr Stevens." Benji says, shaking his outstretched hand.

"Do you like basketball? The last quarter of the Duke game is on." Daddy offers.

"Hockey is more my thing," He says. "But I can't resist a good Duke game."

"Ugh. Boys are all the same." I grumble, sinking down on the couch between the two of them.

"Are you saying that you're not a boy, Princess?" Benji teases.

"Oh shut up." 

He gives me a lopsided grin which melts my resolve, and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I catch Daddy looking over at us with a smile and he mouths 'I like him'. before turning back to the TV. 

And just like that, all my insecurities are gone. Kinna is completely taken by him, Daddy approves, and Uncle Isaac will come around. I have a boyfriend who understands my dedication to my sport, really likes me, and is pretty fucking hot. I think I'm doing pretty well.

|~|


Dinner goes surprisingly well. Uncle Isaac and Benjamin exchange the minimal amount of glares. Aside from that, Daddy really hits it off with him and he even indulges Kinna's critique of his outfit. He's like, the perfect boyfriend.

"Seriously," Kinna says, clearing some dishes from the table. "Think about wearing a pale green or something. It'll bring out your eyes. Oh god, I'd just love to get my hands on your wardrobe."

To his credit, Benjamin doesn't looks panicked like Jennie did when Kinna said the same words to her. "Well, maybe one day I'll let you."

"Really?" She questions, eyes lighting up happily. 

"Yeah. I mean, I plan on being around a lot." He pauses and looks at Daddy. "Of course, only if that's okay with you sir."

Daddy gives him a long stern look, sizing him up, before his eyes flicker to mine, full of desperation for his approval and consent. I guess he sees it and breaks out into a smile. "I don't think that that'd be a problem."

"I do." Uncle Isaac grumbles. I can practically feel the distaste radiating from him and I see Benjamin tense out of the corner of my eye. I slide my hand into his under the table and squeeze tightly.

"Uncle Isaac," Kinna scolds, grabbing the last of the dishes off of the table and placing a cake in the center. "Be nice."

"Why should I? Not only has he already injured Cage, but isn't this the same guy he's complained about for making fun of his skating? And honestly, he's only going to be a big distraction. One we can't afford at this point."

"Isaac, give the kid a break." Daddy says firmly. "He's working harder than he ever has and he deserves this. Besides, it's obvious that Benjamin cares for him. Don't be such an ass."

"But-"

"No buts. I swear, sometimes I think you forget that you aren't his father." Daddy rolls his eyes. This gets Uncle Isaac to shut up, and he eats his cake in silence.

Benjamin, who was quiet and observant during the exchange, takes a bite of his cake and moans. "Oh god. This might be better than mine."

"I should hope so." Kinna laughs. "I got it from the bakery. If professionals can't cook better than a hockey player then there's something wrong with the world."

Benjamin glares at her but finishes eating his cake with a smile. I can already tell that they'll be really good friends in no time. 

Benjamin even offers to help clear the table, to my surprise. Kinna shoo's us away though, and we decide to take a walk. 

"Thanks." I say as we walk down the sidewalk, the concrete bathed in pools of light created by streetlights.

"For what?" Benji questions. 

I shiver from the wind and move a little closer to him. "For coming to dinner and being amazing."

"Hey, are you saying I'm not amazing any other time?" He asks, mock hurt in his voice.

I roll my eyes. "Of course not. It's just that they can be hard to put up with sometimes."

"Are you cold?" Benji asks, noticing my last shiver. 

"No." I lie. He takes his jacket off anyway and places it over my shoulders with care. "Thank you."

"What kind of guy would I be if I let my boyfriend freeze?"

"A bad one, I suppose." I laugh, threading my fingers through his. "This is still so new."

"I know, right?" He laughs. "I've never really had a boyfriend before. Not a serious one. I keep stressing out that I'll do something wrong and it's fucking weird. I usually just do whatever the fuck I want without caring but I just- I can't do that with you."

"Well we're figuring things out together I guess." I rest my head on his shoulder, or arm rather considering the height difference, and he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling us to a stop. 

Benji leans down and kisses me long and hard. "I've been wanting to do that all night." 

I giggle and kiss him again. I could get used to this, but part of me doesn't want to. Part of me likes this exploratory stage. The newness of every touch and every kiss. It's bliss. 

He's reluctant to let me go and I hesitate to move away from him, but it's dark and cold and getting late. I'm comforted by the thought that we'll get to have a lot more nights like this so we head back to my house, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't they just the bee's knees? Haa. Yeah, we know ;)

JessicStar
Sarcastically Blunt
Alex Loves Skittles


Thank you! You guys are the bee's knees too :D

AndButSo- Tiffany is going on a trip to this robotics competition so I'll update for her on Friday because we're awesome and we prewrite. Uhm, but that's on the condition that I remember or someone reminds me :D

Contrary to Tiff's instrumental binge, I'm motivated by annoyingly catchy pop music such as The Wanted and One Direction. Ugh. Someone save me! No, just kidding. I love it. Apparently I love being sad too because there's also that new Taylor Swift/The Civil Wars song Safe&Sound from The Hunger Games soundtrack that makes me want to bawl everytime I hear it. And so I play it twelve times every hour >.>

Let us know what you think?