Status: Attackative

Frostbite

This Isn't ***ing Puppy Love

Soccer is possibly the easiest game to play. It may just be because it's slightly similar to hockey, the hardest sport known to man in some morons' opinion, and I have that down pack. But even the athletically inept that usually fumbled around with whatever ball was currently in use seemed to have the hang of it.

As expected, the ball crept past Micajah. By the time he came to and made a slow jump for it, someone from the other team ran past and kicked it towards the opposite end of the field. As the rest of our team shouted in annoyance, I ran over and took his hand, forcing him to run farther down with me so it looked like he was actually doing something instead of standing there looking dazed and dejected. Limply, he trailed behind like a rag doll being dragged along by a five-year-old.

After our inevitable lose, having the best player spend their time tending to one essentially invalid, we made our way to the locker room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Micajah lazily slip out of his gym uniform and into street clothes. The sight of his unnaturally sluggish movements and blue eyes made me want to gather him into another hug, but I think he was getting sick of all of my hugs. This was the first day he'd been back in school since that day I'd taken him home, about two weeks ago. He looked miserable wondering the halls alone, so I'd walked him to every class and squeezed him whenever his eyes met mine. Which happened to be quite a lot.

"Butterfly." I turned around as I wrestled with my T-shirt to see Nathan looking back at me. "You okay? You look like my sister when I ran over her cat."

"I'm still surprised she let you live after that." I joked, not wanting to get into the subject of Micajah's misery.

"Yeah." He sighed, looking off as if he was thinking for once. "She loved Cupcake more than Juliet loves Muffin."

"She loved Cupcake more than she loves you." I corrected.

The bell rang as he racked his walnut for a come back. I bypassed him and walked towards Micajah, taking his bag, flinging it across my shoulder, and weaving my fingers through his. He weakly squeezed his hand and systematically put one foot in front of the other. I resisted the urge to encourage him to go home instead of having to suffer through his English class, a class he normally had with Jennie. Every look at her empty seat would only be a reminder of what happened and what he couldn't have.

Well, what he maybe couldn't have. I haven't yet decided how much I like him, love him, or how much of my masculinity I'm willing to sacrifice to get that smile back on his face. But lately It's become delightfully clear that I love him a lot. I'd tell him, but I don't think he could handle hearing that on top of what he's going through now. Especially if he doesn't feel the same way. And I don't think we both need to be in that depressed state. This wasn't a case of puppy love. If he didn't love me back, I know I'd be crushed.

"Benjamin." Micajah looked up at me with those sad eyes again. Pulling gently at my hand, he took his bag back. "You have go to class."

"Right." Leaning down, I placed a week kiss on his lips and said goodbye. The smile he gave me made me realize that I would be no more a man than Jeffree Star when this was over.

- - -


"What about my car?" Micajah reason as I pulled him to mine. "It'll be here all weekend. And I want to visit Jennie"

"Lee'll drive it. Won't you Lee?"

She looked at me with a slightly belittled expression, but only said, "But then I'll have his car. Or I'll be stuck at his house."

"You live less than three blocks away, just walk."

Any argument she had ready evaporated when I looked back down at Micajah, who was simply starring at the ground as he leaned most of his weight against me. "Okay, sure."

"Wait, Juliet." Micajah spoke up. "You don't have to. I'll just go on my own."

"No." I protested, waving Lee off and pulling him to my truck. "We haven't been out lately, lets go somewhere. How about we go to Build A Bear? Or to Barns & Noble? Maybe the library, I have to return a few books anyway."

"Benji, I really don't feel like going out any place. I just want to see Jennie."

"Come on, it's a Friday, let loose," I joked.

"Benji......"

I lifted him into the seat then leaned over to sit my chin in his lap, looking up at him with a smile. "Then how about we just hang out at my house for a bit?"

He sighed, as if my questions were wearing him down even more than he already was. As if that was possible "Benjamin, please. I know it's been awhile, but I'm just not in the mood to mess around or anything. I just want to calm down and see Jennie."

Repressing the small laugh that bubbled up, I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I know, that's not what I meant. We'll just watch some TV or something. After we see Jennie, of course."

"Okay." He sighed, slowly hugging me back.

- - -


Gently I scrapped my nails against Micajah's scalp, every few minuets squeezing him between my legs to get him to look up so I could get a kiss. Kade rested his giant muzzle on the boy's upper leg, his tail moving slightly every time Micajah's scratches made their way behind his ear.

"I think Kade Likes you." I informed him. "Hes did always had a think for adorable people."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. But not as much as I do."

After one particularly depressing sigh make it's way from Micajah, my list of pros and cons, which had been stuck in equilibrium for the majority of the day, that I'd been negotiating with myself tipped on its scale. I knew what I wanted to do, or at least attempt at doing.

Squeezing my hands under Micajah, I scooted him up a little and slid down behind him, Kade forced to shift in position. Micajah leaned his head back onto my shoulder and tilted it sideways for a kiss.

"So, Micajah, I was thinking. About Jennie's accident, since she can't skate and you guys can't compete and all. Well, I guess you could compete but I'm not sure if you're qualified do that alone. Since Jennie's hurt and all and you can't skate as a team, may-"

"Ben." He lifted his head back up, quickly wiping away at the forming tears. "I know that you want me to feel better, but this really isn't helping at all."

"Oh, I know, but....." Now that I thought about it, I probably should have planed out what I wanted to say. It would have prevented this sudden need for sobbing. "But I was thinking that since Jennie can't skate that maybe I could. With you, I mean. I'm already good, and they do call me the butterfly, so that's already more figure-skater-ish than any other hockey player. I've been to a lot of your practices and picked up a few things, not too much, but a little. It would be a lot of work and I can't promise I'll be any good, but it's worth a shot, right? Though I have the slight suspicious that you'd be the one being lifted and all that instead. I understand if you don't want to try it out, but I think that we c-"

Suddenly, Micjah's unreadable stare turned to surprise, then a smile as he flipped around and attacked my lips. Kade wined at the sudden lack of a pillow as my body tried to comprehend the sudden legs around my waist and arms wrapped around my neck. My mind still shouted with joy at Micajah's smile

"That's an amazing idea!" Micajah yelled at me once he'd finally released my lips. "Yeah, it will be a lot of work, a lot of work, but we might be able to pull it off. Oh my god, Benjamin, why didn't you suggest this earlier!? I have to call uncle Issac now. Mrs Ella has to be called too, so does Kinna. We have to make ballet appointments, get time at the rink, measure you for outfits, get you proper skates. I have to call right now. It's a bit of a long shot, but you're right, it's worth one."

Soon it felt like the last few minutes one of those cake shows Micajah always makes me watch, people bustling all around trying to get everything done. Within minutes, my cell and house phone were ringing with people asking me questions; When did you decide this? Why didn't you let us/me know sooner? When are you free? How many inches around is your chest? How opposed are you to wearing pink?

Sitting there star-struck, I wondered what I'd gotten myself into. But the small smiles Micajah kept sending my way made me glad at whatever it was. Even if this didn't work out, he'd genuinely smiled for once since the accident. And, most importantly, he'd regained a bit of hope. Whatever was in store, it was undoubtedly worth it.

"You're lucky I love you, Micajah." I said aloud to myself, the voices on the other end too busy trying to verbally sort things out to pay attention to anything I had to say. Of course, I hadn't accounted for the person sitting in front of me until his eyes widened, mouth moving in a wordless reaction.

"I, um, I didn't, uh." My mind raced to find the words. What was I supposed to do? Take it back? Say I didn't mean it? Lie to him? Not only is that just wrong to do to anyone, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to tell him I didn't mean it or apologize for it, I didn't want to restrain myself from uttering the words every time I saw him. I wanted to do a cliche and tell everyone I knew, everyone I didn't. I wanted him to know.

"Actually, you know what?" Shutting my phone on whoever it was I was talking to, I sat cross legged on the floor right in front of Micajah so he couldn't avoid meeting my eyes. "I did. I did mean to say it. It's so completely and utterly true that it counteracts every other lie I've ever told in my life, which is a hell of a lot. I love you. I'm not sorry it that makes you uncomfortable or if it shocks you or whatever. There's nothing more to it and if you plan on asking me why then don't. There's just so many reasons I can't even begin or end. I love you."

I looked at him as his mouth opened and closed, the only noise coming from the phone still at his ear. He realized this and ended the call, looking anywhere but at me. After his eyes wondered for a bit, he caught his breath, looked straight at me, and almost whispered, "I love you too."

Without hesitation, I jumped across the room to him, folding him in my arms as I knocked us to the ground. His giggles would have made my heart flutter and jump if it already wasn't in overdrive, but soon I seized his lips and allowed no noises but the ones he moaned into my mouth.

"I love you." I gasped once I'd released his lips, rolling onto my back and squeezing tighter.

"I love you too." He smiled down at me, pecking my lips once more. "I'm glad you said it first."

"First?"

"Yeah." The blush that presented itself across his face caused for another attack on his mouth. "I didn't want to be the one to say it first. If I did then you might of just said it so my feelings wouldn't be hurt, to make me feel better so I wouldn't be in a worse mood. I'm sorry I didn't, though."

Smiling, I rolled over him, arms holding me up on either side. "I'd never lie to you." I told him. "I love you too much for that."

"Mmhmm." He wrapped him arms around my neck and pulled me down again, disregarding the ringing phones all around. Soon, there was no other sound but the sound of our breathing and murmurs of love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm late! Friday my computer went retard on me, disconnected in the middle of my re-reading, and wouldn't re-connect unless I shut It down. By the time I did that I was just not in the mood. Then yesterday I rode two hours in a call and danced in Royal Farms.
So, yeah. The past week jumping off a cliff is preferable to everything and a box of kittens. Not fun at all. But thank you guys so much for your concern!

Sarcastically Blunt
Alex Loves Skittles
RavenGraveDancer
London-to-Tokyo
Sarcastically Blunt
Alex Loves Skittles
Okay, I'm not a hundred percent sure if these are the correct commenters, but we love you even if I fucked up. don't doubt us.