Status: Attackative

Frostbite

It's on

Competitions have always been big family events. Kinna always makes the Daddy and Uncle Isaac dress in whatever colors we're wearing. Daddy makes sure that we're there early enough so that everyone gets seats in the second row behind the judges, the best seats in his opinion. This time we have Izzy, Clarry, and Molly with us. Juliet has opted to stay with Jennie and I think Nico and Bennett are over there too, as a support group.

When we enter the building we get strange looks and encouraging cheers equally. I guess news got around that two boys are competing together for the first time in....ever.

Benjamin clutches onto my hand tighter and I beam up at him. I'm excited to me able to share this in every way with the guy I'm in love with. I really wish Jennie hadn't had her injury but I'm so lucky to have someone who loves me enough to step into her place.

Uncle Isaac ushers us to our dressing area and Kinna fusses over our outfits until we're perfectly dressed. Benjamin's in his custom made jeans and jersey while I'm in an ensemble that resembles a leotard with sleeves and a short skirt type thing. Kinna tried her damnedest to get me into a tutu but Daddy and Uncle Isaac had a fit. According to them I'm still a boy and will dress like one regardless of my skating position.

Technically they're right but I see where Kinna was coming from and I could care less about what I wear as long as I get to skate.

Once my sister is satisfied with her work, she leaves to go find her seat. Benji drops down onto the bench and sighs, rubbing his hands across his face.

"Don't be nervous." I tell him, sitting next to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, and looking up into his eyes.

"I'm not." He says, giving me a shaky smile.

"Baby, you can't lie to me." I laugh, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

He sighs and pulls me onto his lap before burying his face in my neck. "What if I mess up?"

And there's the truth. I pull his face up and bring his lips to mine. "You won't. We've done this routine flawlessly in practice almost a hundred times."

"But this time it actually matters." He protests.

Now it's my turn to sigh and I frown. "Benjamin, please stop. I'm nervous too but I know we can do it. I trust you, you know that."

"What if we don't make it?"

"Then I'll have you to thank for at least giving me a shot." I run my fingers through his hair and kiss his nose.

He searches my eyes for a second before giving me a genuine smile for the first time all day. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile back and hug him tightly.

It's then that Uncle Isaac interrupts us and informs us that it's almost our turn, frowning at my position on Benjamin's lap. My boyfriend hugs me to him one more time before I stand up and grip his hand tightly.

He's still nervous, I can tell. Hell, I am too. One look at him though and I know we can do it. Even if we don't win we have this routine to show as progress and we'll be here for each other in the wake of disappointment.

We walk in sync to the ice and thunderous applause meets us. My eyes widen in surprise. The beginning applause is usually just polite claps, not all this. We skate out on the ice to get our bearings before going over to Uncle Isaac and Kinna for a final pep talk.

"What's all this?" I ask.

Kinna gives me an odd look. "Have you not gone on your fan site lately?"

"I-I haven't had time to." I admit. Kinna set up my fan site almost two years ago when I started skating in big competitions. Daddy usually updates it and I get on occasionally to get in chat rooms with fans. "Why?"

"They're all dying to see what you have up your sleeve with this hockey player." Uncle Isaac rolls his eyes. "You've got the support of every gay figure skating fan and skater out there."

"Seriously?" I question, even more surprised. I really should check the site more often.

"Duh, we're smoking hot." Benjamin jokes, nerves seemingly gone. "Who wouldn't love us?"

"Don't get cocky." Uncle Isaac snaps. "That's how you fuck up the routine."

Benjamin's smile falters before he grabs my hand and pulls me with him to the middle of the ice. "Could he be a bigger bitch?"

"Hey, stop that. Good thoughts. Go to your happy place."

"My happy place is wherever you are." He grins.

I roll my eyes. "You're so sappy."

"Yeah, that's me." He kisses my cheek and the crowd cheers again. "Good luck baby." Benji then skates to the side of the rink and the lights dim a bit before the music starts and I spring to action.

The routine that Miss Ella choreographed is very fun and actually pretty advanced for a first time figure skater. If we do it perfectly like I know we can, we have an actual chance of making it through.

I pull some elegant ballet moves before looking to Benji, who does a mocking version of some ballet moves. He truly looks like a hockey player who's mocking a figure skater which was the intended purpose. I do some jumps and twirls like the perfect ballerina and Benji does some exaggerated leaps that make him look like a jackass. Then I take his hand and place them on my hips and he lifts me up slightly before placing me back on the ice. As soon as I touch down I'm off, leaving him in my wake to mock every move I make, just like we rehearsed. Then he catches up and grabs my waist before dipping me.

I fight the urge to giggle as we pull out of the move and glide across the ice together, in perfect sync. He lifts me and we execute two tricks perfectly. As soon as he sets me down we separate and the music changes from classical to "Everybody Dance Now." I cross my arms and give him a mock disapproving look. Now it's his turn to show off and my turn to 'learn'.

Then he grabs my hand and the advanced part of our routine comes in. We move together perfectly across and back around the ice, never losing contact. The crowd goes wild as we execute another lift type thing and I can't help but burst with adrenaline. As he lets me down, I can see it on his face too. He's devouring the energy of the crowd.

We stop in the middle of the ice and stand three feet apart and break into the best stationary choreography on ice that I've ever done. That merges nicely into some very advanced and hopefully impressing spins and ultimately ends up with us breathing heavily, leaning against one another in a final pose.

The crowd goes absolutely wild. We beam at each other and Benjamin grabs me around the waist and twirls me around excitedly. "That was perfect!"

"I know!" I giggle. "Fuck, I love you so much."

"I love you too." He grins, leaning down to peck my lips. The crowd roars once again and I can't help but smile from ear to ear. I grab his hand and lead him off the ice to where Uncle Isaac is actually beaming at us. We must have done amazingly if he's smiling at Benjamin of all people like that.

"That was fantastic!" He exclaims. "It was better than in practice!"

"Seriously?" I ask surprised.

"Yes!" Kinna squeals, wrapping us both in a tight hug. "And the outfits looked great in action. Seriously, it couldn't have gone better. You had the crowd eating out of the palm of your hand!"

Benjamin and I share a look. "What about the judges?"

"Mesmerized." Daddy says laughing. "Come on you two. Time to get the scores."

Kinna makes us sit and change out of our skates. I slip on my Ugg's and he puts on his moccasins and we head to the score room. Benji pulls me down onto his lap and wraps his arms around my waist tightly before I can protest, and the scores start coming up before anyone can say anything.

I lean forward as our scores flick on the screen and hold my breath until they all pop up. Once they do I'm frozen in shock. Everyone is.

Not only did we score high, we're currently in second place. Suddenly, Benjamin is kissing me eagerly and laughing at the same time. "We did it!"

"Not yet." I protest.

He shakes his head. "There are only three groups left. Even if they score higher than us we still go through."

I just blink at him and look up at Daddy and Uncle Isaac. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Daddy screams, plucking me from Benji's arms and squeezing the life out of me. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you Daddy." I murmur, hugging him back tightly. I'm so goddamn lucky to have him and Kinna and Uncle Isaac in my life. They're the best support group anyone could ever ask for.

Benji claims me again when Uncle Isaac and Kinna are done with me and he kisses me hard. Soon his family finds us and we go through it all again. We end up getting third and the chaos and congratulations doesn't even begin to slow down until we're in the car on the way home.

I snuggle up to the guy I'm in love with and rest my head on his shoulder. "I'm so in love with you."

He smiles against my head and kisses it softly before wrapping me in his arms securely. I might be lucky to have my family but I must have been a saint to deserve someone like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for chapters and updates!
And yay for us cause we're awesome.
And yay for you because you're out of this world amazing.

Let us know what you think?