Status: Attackative

Frostbite

Hey moon

It took almost a full week to convince Uncle Isaac that having a weekend off, a full three days, was a good idea. Daddy helped me and so did Miss Molly. The deciding factor was Wednesday when Benjamin got in a minor car accident caused by him drifting off at the wheel. The other car had a lot more damage than his monster of a truck did but his insurance had to pay for it. It took me four hours to get him calmed down enough to be around people again.

I can't stand to see Benjamin so exhausted and unhappy all the time, so I decided that it's time for a break. I mean, we don't exactly have time for a break, especially a three day long break, but we need it. Benjamin needs it.

Once I told him about my plan his initial reaction was refusal to give up practice time, his second reaction was to get me out of my clothes as fast as possible, and the third and last reaction was inviting me to go camping with his family that weekend. It'd be a nice break from skating and his family hasn't gone camping since he decided to compete with me, which sucks because they used to go every other week.

"Are you sure you wanna go?" Kinna asks, piling clothes into my duffel. I raise an eyebrow and take half of the pile out again.

"Yeah, why not? It'll be nice to get to know his family a little better. Especially since he's pretty much a part of ours now."

Kinna smiles warmly and nods. "I guess I can understand that. But does it have to be camping? There are so many bugs and poisonous plants and ax murderers."

I laugh and roll my eyes. "I have bug spray for one. It's a certified campground for two, so there aren't any serious threats when it comes to plants. And do you really think that Benji would let an ax murderer anywhere near me or his family?"

She thinks this over and shakes her head. "The murderer would be the one in trouble."

"Exactly." I nod. "Why'd you pack sweatpants? It's supposed to be in the eighties all weekend."

"Ask your boyfriend." She shrugs. I roll my eyes and relinquish control. She's done shortly and hands it off to me. "Everything that Benjamin said to bring is in there, plus a few extras. Have fun, little brother."

As if on cue, Benjamin walks through my door smiling. "Hey baby. All set?"

I nod up at him and press a kiss to his waiting lips. "Yeah!"

"Good." He takes my bag from me and slings it over his shoulder, taking my hand and dragging me from my room. A few "have fun"s (Daddy) and "bring him back alive or else"s (Uncle Isaac), and we're on our way. Benji's truck is loaded up with tents, sleeping bags, coolers, and boxes of various camping equipment.

"This is a lot for three days." I comment.

"Trust me, we'll need it. Have you ever been camping?" My boyfriend lifts me into the passenger seat and looks up.

"Nope." I giggle.

He hops up and kisses me before going around to the drivers side. The campground is nearly two hours away from our town. It's midway up a set of mountains, tangled between hiking trails and resting on a stretch of camping certified land.

Izzy and Clarry appear out of nowhere as soon as we park in the space of land that we rented, unloading bags and boxes like the seasoned campers they are. When that's all done, Izzy instructs everyone to set up their tent.

I look at Benjamin with wide eyes, causing him to chuckle and peck a kiss on my forehead. "Don't worry dear, I can do this in my sleep."

We pitch the tent together, and by together I mean I put rods in the wrong places and Benji fixes it with a smile and a kiss. The whole process takes about half an hour and by the time we're done the three women are lounging around the fire pit, discussing what the activity for the evening will be.

"Swimming." Benji says automatically.

Clarry rolls her eyes. "We already ruled that out. Something we can all do together, and you know Izzy doesn't swim."

“How about a hike?” I suggest. All of them look at me with looks of amusement, surprise, and happiness.

“They just opened the new trail!” Izzy exclaims. “Micajah, that’s a wonderful idea. Everyone go put your boots on.” Everyone does as she says, Benjamin instructing me to bring a jacket too, as well as a flashlight.

“It gets dark quickly out here.” He explains, smile on his face.

I can’t help but smile back. I haven’t seen him smile like this in a long time and I love it. He takes my hand and we meet his family by the campfire before heading to the trail. I’ve never been hiking before so it’s exciting. Well, at first. Before long the incline gets steeper and the path feels like it’s made of sand. I am by no means out of shape, but I’m sure as hell not used to this. Not like the Thestrey family seems to be. We lag behind, and by we I mean me and Benji just stays with me, and the women go ahead. It’s already gotten dark and Benji was right to tell me to bring a jacket because it’s cold.

My calves are burning and holy fuck, I thought a hike was just a glorified walk but I was so wrong. “Benji,” I whimper. “This is hard.”

“Awh, I know baby. We’re almost done though, I promise.”

“How long?” I ask, just like a little kid.

“Maybe fifteen minutes.” He assures me. “I can give you a piggy back ride if you’d like.”

“Really?” I ask hopefully. “But wouldn’t that just make it harder for you?”

“Babe, you weigh like, nothing. Come on, I know you’re tired.” He crouches down in front of me and I climb onto his back.

“I love you.” I giggle, pressing a kiss to his neck and shining my flashlight ahead for him to see since he’s got a grip on my thighs. “Thanks for bringing me.”

“Thanks for coming. I don’t think I could last three whole days without even seeing you.” He says, pulling my legs tighter around his waist. “These are nice boots, by the way. Kinna?”

“Yeah,” I rest my head on his shoulder, lips brushing against his neck. “She was more excited about them than I was.”

“Girls.”

“I don’t understand them.”

“You never have to.” He laughs. “Not as long as you’re with me.”

“So like, ever?”

I can hear the smile in his voice. “Yeah, ever.”

Our camp sight comes into view. Clarry already has a fire going, and Izzy and Ms. Molly have dinner on the grill thing already. Benji sets me down and kisses me before we join them.

“Ah the lovebirds are back,” Ms. Molly winks. “Did you have a good hike?”

“Yes ma’am.” I smile, perching on Benjis lap happily.

He wraps his arms around me and that simple act gets me warmer than any fire could. I decide that I like camping. Almost directly after dinner Clarry gets out the marshmallows. Soon enough, everyone is stuffed and tired from their day of either work or school, and the hike, so we head to the tents after making sure the fire is completely out.

Benjamin was a genius and brought an air mattress, so we blow that up and unzip our sleeping bags to use as blankets. We both strip down to boxers, only I decide that it’s too cold and slide on Benji’s hoodie. Then he pulls me onto the mattress with him.

“I love you.” I murmur.

“I love you too Cage. So much.” He whispers, eyes closed, pulling me closer.

I press a soft kiss to his lips and sigh in content. I hope I get a lifetime of nights wrapped in his arms like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I totally forgot that it was my turn to update!
But here it is. Just some time for them to relax. Yay :)

Let us know what you think?