Status: Attackative

Frostbite

I'm on the up and up

Being on the road to the Olympics pretty much guarantees fame. Everywhere Benji and I go we’re ambushed by fans, asked for autographs and pictures. Some people have even asked to see my boyfriend’s abs. That part bothered me a little, but Benji always politely declined or made sure it was okay with me before doing so. He can read me like a fucking book. It’s kinda sad but I love it.

Of course, being in the Olympics means celebratory parties. There have been two parties so far, one at school and one at Benjamin’s work. The mayor is holding a dinner in our name tomorrow night but for now, we’re celebrating with our families and our friends. Daddy and Kinna cleared out the living room for the occasion, Uncle Isaac has been cooking all day, and Jennie has been helping Kinna decorate the place with her keen eye for details.

This night isn’t just for me and Benji either. A couple weeks ago, Kaleb revealed his plans to propose to Kinna to Daddy, me, and Uncle Isaac. He said that he wanted to have the blessing of the family before getting down on one knee. All three of us were on board from the beginning, and we’ve done a hell of a job not telling anyone. I mean, I told Benji, but that’s only because he could tell that I was keeping a pretty big secret and wouldn’t kiss me until I told him. I only lasted about two hours before I caved in.

“Hey, baby, you almost ready?” Benjamin asks, coming into the room dressed almost exactly like me. Kinna insisted that we look like a proper couple since, you know, we are, and because it’s cute. She doesn’t know it, but it’s a big night for her, and I want to give her what she wants. It only took ten minutes of pouting to get Benji on board.

“Almost.” I say, flicking my hair out of my eyes and tying my tie. I turn to him with a smile. “How do I look?”

“Like perfection.” He smiles, coming across the room and taking me in his arms. I giggle and kiss him slowly.

“Why isn’t your tie tied?” I inquire.

“I like it better this way.” He explains.

I roll my eyes. “Kinna will have a fit.”

I tie the blue skinny tie for him before turning to the mirror and straightening my red one. We’ve both got on white skinny jeans and I have a blue polo on while he has a red one. Kinna thought it’d be nice if we dressed in red, white, and blue.

Benjamin places his hands on my hips and kisses my neck. “I propose that we stay up here and celebrate by ourselves.”

“We celebrated last night.” I smile, remembering. “Maybe we can again tomorrow night if daddy lets me stay at yours. But we have to go downstairs tonight because Kaleb is proposing and I’ll be damned if I miss that.”

He sighs. “Yeah, I know. But I’m holding you to that staying the night thing. Even if we don’t celebrate, I always sleep better when you’re in bed with me.”

“You know, a lot of people think you’re mean and aggressive, when really, you’re just a big softie.” I giggle, taking his hand and leading him out of my room.

“Trust me, you’re the only one who can turn me to mush like this.” He sighs. “Look what you’ve done to me.”

“I think it’s pretty sexy.” I wink, heading down the stairs.

Benjamin follows close behind me, hand’s on my shoulders. The living room is full of our friends and family, and they burst into applause when we walk into the room. Congratulations are cheered out and it’s funny because we’ve heard it all from them since we got in.

Nico and Bennett come up to us first, Nico wrapping his arms around me and then Benji, who actually hugs back surprisingly. Bennett hugs me too, offering a handshake to Benji. Ever since I told him about the time when Bennett asked me out he hasn’t been too friendly towards him, but he smiles widely and shakes Bennett’s hand happily.

Jennie and Juliet take an absurd amount of pictures. Clary just laughs and joins in on the fun, offering to upload them onto the website as soon as possible. Alberto and Nathan occupy the food table, murdering our supply of bacon wrapped hotdogs and hot wings. Matt and Riley have taken residency on the couch with Kaleb, listening to his stories from his game tester days. Molly and Izzzy are here too, listening to Uncle Isaac explain the schedule leading up to our Olympic competition, which is mere weeks away. Benjamin and I enjoy our time with our friends and family, keeping a close eye on Kaleb.

When he finally does detach himself from the boys, it’s obvious that he’s nervous. I grab Benji’s hand tightly and motion to the brunet. He makes his way towards Kinna and takes her hand. She sets down her plate, noticing that what he’s about to tell her, or ask her rather, is important. She can see right through him just like Benjamin can see through me.

A few other people have noticed the couple and also fall silent, and as soon as Uncle Isaac sees the pair, he hushes the room with a single look. Kinna looks around with her adorable confused face before turning her attention back to her lover as he starts speaking.

“Kinna, love, with all of this amazing success going on around us, it got me thinking. You see, seeing you so dedicated to your family has only made me realize that my dedication to you is just as strong. And even through all of this you’ve managed to make time for me. You are literally superwoman, my superwoman. You’ve managed to save my world countless times. And I was wondering if you’d maybe want to continue doing so? Forever?” He asks. “What I mean to ask is,” Kaleb lowers himself onto one knee and pulls a black velvet box from his pocket. Tears pop into Kinna’s eyes immediately, and several women, and Nico, gasp. “Will you marry me Kinna Sevens?”

My sister nods, slowly at first, and then so quickly that I’m afraid she’ll get whiplash. She manages to calm down enough for him to slip the ring onto her finger. Kinna throws her arms around Kaleb and kisses him breathless while the room explodes in cheers and camera flashes.

I look at Benjamin who has the biggest smile on his face. And, okay, I know I’m only a junior in high school, but I can totally see that being us one day. The thought alone makes me giddy and excited, not only for the Olympics, but for our future too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever!
We're getting back on track though, I promise.
This only has like, five chapters left and our goal is to finish this by the end of the summer.
Hopefully we stick to it.

Let us know what you think?