Status: Attackative

Looking For The Words

All I want for Christmas is you

Christmas was always a big show when it came to my parents. Big extravagant parties and gifts that were too expensive, followed by cool indifference as if it was no big deal and hardly any effort had gone into it, which was the exact opposite of the truth. In reality, mom had spent weeks with the party planner and dad had called all over the country for the gifts.

 It would be wrong of me to say that my parents are completely heartless. They still wanted my sister and I to have a good Christmas. It's just that their version of a good Christmas is measured by the quality and quantity of presents under the tree and food on the table. All Mallory and I ever wanted was a nice day spent in our pajamas with hot chocolate, a cheesy holiday movie, and parents who actually wanted to spend time with us.

Instead, we got stuffy clothes, sparkling cider, an annoying holiday party, and parents who were more interested in looking better than everyone else than their kids' happiness. I guess I can't get too mad though. Even though I don't understand or appreciate it, I guess I have to respect it. We grew up in a nice life with both parents and a dog to boot. We turned out amazingly even if our parents don't agree. 

Despite the many years I've spent christmas here at the Inn, this one is incredibly different. There's no need for me to feel any type of pressure. I can enjoy the man I love and his family and the warmth of the inn, all things that I've never been able to truly appreciate before. I have honestly never had a better Christmas and this one isn't even over yet. 

Dinner lasts a couple hours, followed by dessert, all accompanied by happy conversation and joyous laughter. Mr and Mrs Lanser hardly even bat an eye when Everest perches himself on my lap and feeds me forkfuls of pumpkin pie, stealing kisses in between bites. 

The whole experience is new for me. Not only openly displaying affection for my significant other but the simple fact that he's a he is big. There are a few judgmental states but there's even more encouraging smiles. It's not as if any of that matters though. I have him the that's what counts.

My phone begins vibrating in my pocket and Everest raises an eyebrow at me. I press one more kiss to his lips before gently pushing him off of me and digging my phone out of my pants pocket. The number isn't familiar but answer it anyway. I only give very important people my personal cell phone number.

"Hello?" I answer slowly.

"Lucas! Hey!" The person on the other end is definitely a woman and she sounds familiar but it's hard to pinpoint the voice with the amount of noise around me.

"Uh. Hey?"

"Oh, come on baby brother. Don't tell me you've forgotten about me." The voice becomes more familiar by the second.

My eyes widen in sudden realization. "Mallory?"

My sister laughs. "Took you long enough. Merry Christmas!" 

"Merry Christmas to you too! What phone are you using? I don't recognize the number." I can't stop the smile on my face. Everest grabs my hand and pulls me up, leading me out of the dining room and to my room. 'Quieter.' He mouths. 

"I'm at a hotel in Chicago! I heard through the grapevine that you guys headed back early and I was in the area. I was wondering if we could meet up." She explains.

"Oh wow. Mom and dad did head back but I'm, uh, I'm actually still in Vermont. With Everest."

"Oooooooh Eeeeeeevereeeeest." She taunts jokingly. 

I roll my eyes and try to hide my blush from the boy on my bed. "Yeah, there have been some... developments lately. I'm uh, actually moving out here in a couple weeks. I'll be back in Chicago in a few days to get everything in order. How long will you be there?" 

"Oh man, I'm leaving on New Years day. I've got a mission in Nambia." She says slightly discouraged. "Is there any possible way I can see you? It's been almost a year." 

"I know. I mean, I might be able to convince Everest to spend New Years in Chicago. I've been wanting to show him around my hometown anyway." I grin at the questioning look on his face and kiss his forehead softly.

Everest rolls his eyes and stands up, going to the door and signaling that he'll be right back. I don't have time to wonder where he went before Mallory is talking again. "So everything is going good with him? The last time we talked you were stressing pretty badly."

"We've got everything worked out now. I made some mistakes and I know that. I've apologized so many times and he's forgiven me. We're moving on for the most part. We're together now and we're happy and it's going to be really great."

"I'm really happy for you." Mallory says softly. "You deserve to be happy. And Everest is a really good guy. I'll be happy to call him my brother-in-law one day."

I sputter and blanch. "I- Mal- I-" 

"Oh, don't act surprised. I know you're a boy and you don't think about that stuff this early but you two love each other so much. You're obviously unable to function without each other." She sighs frustratingly.

Everest walks back into the room with a perfectly wrapped present and wiggles his eyebrows at me. I grin at him and slip an arm around his waist. "Mal, please get that idea out of your head for now. I'll let you know if and when I get around to thinking about letting that idea anywhere near my head. I'm gonna go now okay? I'll call you first thing tomorrow."

"Okay little brother. I'll talk to you then. Love you." 

"Love you too." I grin, hanging up. Everest leans up and kisses me softly before pressing the present into my hands. "What's this?" I question.

"Your Christmas present." He says sheepishly, sitting on the bed and pulling me with him.

"Ev, you didn't have to get me anything. Really." 

"Oh, shut up and open it. It's not much anyway." He grins, nudging my shoulder.

I nod and slide my finger under the corner of the paper, tearing away the pieces bit by bit until a black leather bound scrapbook is laying on my lap. I glance at him and open the cover. 

My eyes are immediately drawn to a picture of us from last year, laying in the snow, drawn together by a kiss. I can remember this day like it was only an hour ago. This was our first kiss.

The pages following are full of the same kinds of pictures. I honestly hadn't thought we'd taken that many but I guess it's really easy for us to get carried away. The pages are decorated appropriately with little hearts and snowflakes and stickers depicting mugs of hot chocolate. Almost halfway through the pages become blank, instead there's a sticky note explaining that 'these pages are for memories to come'.

I close the book carefully and set it on the nightstand gently before wrapping my arms around him tightly and pulling him back onto the bed eagerly, pressing kisses to every inch of his skin that I can reach. 

"So you like it?" He giggles. I roll my eyes and kiss him long and hard in answer. Everest threads his fingers through my hair just the way I like it and rests his nose against mine. "I love you Luc."

"I love you too Ev." I smile, lips brushing against his ever so slightly. "So much."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what? I didn't forget update day! But only because Casey reminded me. Yay Casey! I'm kind of on a crunch for time but I swear I'll stop being lazy and do shout-outs on my next chapter.

I'm excited to see what you guys think about this one so-
Let us know what you think?