Status: Attackative

Looking For The Words

Cary me home tonight

Days pass. Weeks. Months even. It's hard to keep track of time when I'm spending every day with the man I love. My fiancé. The simple thought of the word makes my spine tingle excitedly, the mere knowledge that he agreed to be mine forever. It's such a wonderful feeling, let me tell you. 

The good feelings don't just end with Everest though. The new house is absolutely perfect. There's so much room and none of it feels empty. Quite the opposite actually. It's full of adoration and love and passion. It's full of Everest and me. Me and Everest. Every day, together. 

Because yeah, he did decide to move in. It took a couple weeks but everyone saw it coming. Mrs Lanser just gathered a whole bunch of boxes in their living room one day. I questioned what they were there for and Everest shrugged. "Well, you know..."

And yeah, I did know. It only took us about two days to get him completely moved in, considering he had a bunch of stuff over here anyway. He still works at the inn, of course. Almost ten hours a day, six days a week and then on Sunday we both go there for Sunday dinner. It's a family tradition, I learned. One that's not meant to be messed with.

I hardly have time to miss him while he's gone though. Between conference calls with my father and meetings with contractors it's been hectic getting the new branch of Carlyn Power Company up. It's all been so fast. It's only been two months and not only have we somehow secured 20,000 acres of land to set up the main power lines, the consultants dad sent in have found an entire building that we've bought to house the main offices. The interior decorator is almost through with the first floor, after all of the major and minor repairs were finished. 

With everything changing so quickly in that area of my life I can't help but adore Everest even more for loving me so consistently. So unconditionally. So passionately. 

Even Tyler loves it here. The backyard is huge so of course he spends most of his days inside, invading mine and Everest's personal space. I can't complain though, he just loves us so much.

The door opens and closes with the usual clicking noises and Everest's voice calls out through the house. "Luc?"

"Office baby," I call back, closing my laptop and stacking the papers on my desk neatly. 

He pokes his head in and smiles. "I don't want to distract you. Just wanted to say hi."

"Don't you know that you're my favorite distraction?"

"You hate distractions." He points out.

"You're the exception, of course." I stand and cross the room quickly, gathering him in my arms and kissing him thoroughly. "But if you really want me to work..."

"Oh shut up." He rolls his eyes and raises an eyebrow. "Did you wear that all day?"

I look down at my basketball shorts, plain white tshirt, and socks that have honestly seen better days. "Whats wrong with this?"

"Didn't you have a meeting with your dad?"

"Uh yeah. On Skype. He can't see anything from the chest down anyway."

"Skype!" Everest yells, eyes wide. "I almost forgot! We promised Mallory we'd Skype her today!"

"No, you promised her we'd Skype her today. I'm still mad at her for what happened last week."

His eyes dance in a laugh, betraying the stern look on his face. "She didn't mean it like that, okay? But you did kind of set yourself up."

"I did no such thing and if you're siding with her then I think I have to be mad at you too." I let go of him and step around him to leave the room. I call Tyler and grab his leash, hooking him to it. "I'm taking the oversized ball of fur out for a walk and while you're alone I want you to think about what you've done."

Before I have a chance to reach the door though, Everest is in front of me, looking up at me with those big green eyes that can make me do anything. He leans up and kisses me softly. "I'm sorry Luc. Can I go with you? I've been looking forward to spending time with you all day."

My insides melt and any and all faux resolve shatters into a million pieces. "I'll even let you hold the leash."

He beams and slides his hand into mine before we set out on our normal routine.

Not once have I had a single regret about leaving Chicago. Everything I could ever want is here in Vermont. Everything I love and adore and need. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops! We missed a day! Sorry about that. It's here now though. It's rather cute, if I do say so myself. We've only got a couple chapters left though. It's bittersweet :(

Let us know what you think?